Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2011, 15:56   #16
Team-BHP Support

re: Scoop shots: 2011 Honda Accord Facelift. EDIT : Now launched!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
For a second there, I was scratching my head and wondering where the facelift is! A casual glance won't reveal anything. Either ways, what Honda really needs to do is add crucial equipment to a sensible luxury barge.
+1.

Infact the only thing I like about this facelift is the Key. LOL. Theyve got a nice looking flip key, like all the Europeans. Hopefully theyll get that to India then I can get one made for my Accord.
Old 4th January 2011, 06:41   #17
Team-BHP Support

I understand that Honda are planning an all new Accord next year. VW threat and resurgence from Ford and GM is putting a lot of pressure on them in the US market
Old 4th January 2011, 11:58   #18
Senior - BHPian

I like the new front end. Looks more aggresive. The rear doesnt seem to have changed much. Hope the screen is now a colour one like in the superb. And shows more than just ac and music selection. Integrated sat nav would be nice
Old 4th January 2011, 13:41   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Damn Honda, you disappoint AGAIN ! I'd expect a leading brand to raise the bar but Honda doesn't even match up, leave alone surpass competition in features or value.

Their arrogance just pisses me off each time they 'facelift' , they've lost another brownie point from me.
Old 4th January 2011, 15:35   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Damn Honda, you disappoint AGAIN ! I'd expect a leading brand to raise the bar but Honda doesn't even match up, leave alone surpass competition in features or value.

Their arrogance just pisses me off each time they 'facelift' , they've lost another brownie point from me.

Me 2. Im really disappointed. What happened to Honda of the ealry 2000s where they had the most drastic and brilliant facelifts. Remember the OHC transformation or the NHC tranformation into the ZX ? They had started to lose it by the time they facelifted the previous Accord with the most hideous rear end and then the Civic with the 5 minute exterior job !
Old 4th January 2011, 15:47   #21
BHPian

A facelift that is hard to spot at a glance! Typical of Honda since many years now. Make unwanted cosmetic changes without adding any useful features to the car and inflate the price. How many "upgrades" have we seen on the Accord in the past 4 years?

I would love to see TCS and sun-roof on the 2.4L Accord. These are available only on the V6 which costs around 25L. Add to that, the lack of a diesel engine and you have a car that's hard on the pocket.

Last edited by fuel_addict : 4th January 2011 at 15:49.
Old 4th January 2011, 15:50   #22
Team-BHP Support

The current V6 looks much better. This one looks like they started to do something and realized midway that the original looked better.
Old 4th January 2011, 16:23   #23
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Steering mounted audio controls, xenons, bluetooth, MID should be standard on the Accord for that price bracket.
Sooner or later, and earlier the better, I'm sure competition will convince Honda that the Accord needs a solid equipment list. The lack of an MID is shocking (as is no steering controls & auto-locking doors in my Civic).

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
This is the current model.
Still ended up scratching my head on the first look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
I understand that Honda are planning an all new Accord next year. VW threat and resurgence from Ford and GM is putting a lot of pressure on them in the US market
4 - 5 years is pretty much the lifecycle, so a new Accord & Civic are expected next year. I just hope they don't make either car bigger. They've grown over the years and are as big as they can sell now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
Im really disappointed. What happened to Honda of the ealry 2000s where they had the most drastic and brilliant facelifts. Remember the OHC transformation or the NHC tranformation into the ZX ? They had started to lose it by the time they facelifted the previous Accord with the most hideous rear end and then the Civic with the 5 minute exterior job !
Good point man! The two City facelifts were totally fab.
Old 4th January 2011, 16:37   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
Me 2. Im really disappointed. What happened to Honda of the ealry 2000s where they had the most drastic and brilliant facelifts. Remember the OHC transformation or the NHC tranformation into the ZX ? They had started to lose it by the time they facelifted the previous Accord with the most hideous rear end and then the Civic with the 5 minute exterior job !
Personally, I still like the clean, uncluttered look of the OHC over all subsequent City models. There's something about that car's look that the NHCs and ANHCs simply can't match, ever.

The NHC has to be the most hideous of the lot (strictly my opinion).
Old 4th January 2011, 17:10   #25
BANNED

cant really see the difference from the old to the 'facelifted' version. could be a feature based face lift.
Old 4th January 2011, 17:19   #26
BHPian

cool finally it got released in india. i saw the facelift summer of 2009 back when i was in the states. its basically a mid model change they do every 2-3 years after they release a model
Old 4th January 2011, 17:20   #27
Senior - BHPian

This new accord looks the same as the old! I really cant make out Atleast the car still manages to cool really good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Personally, I still like the clean, uncluttered look of the OHC over all subsequent City models. There's something about that car's look that the NHCs and ANHCs simply can't match, ever.

The NHC has to be the most hideous of the lot (strictly my opinion).
I agree with your opinion!
Its not just Honda even Hyundai have been doing this. They destroyed the Sonata which had the lines of a jag. Now it looks like a giant sloth!

The old verna was nice to look at but the new one is just so ugly!

Last edited by Captain Slow : 4th January 2011 at 17:21.
Old 4th January 2011, 17:21   #28
Senior - BHPian

I like this new face of the Accord.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
as is no steering controls & auto-locking doors in my Civic
How come your car does not have auto-locking doors? Was it not available in earlier versions? The doors lock at 16kmph in my car.
Old 4th January 2011, 17:24   #29
BHPian

Good scoop.
but..
I like the current version better when compared in the department of looks.
No offence but the first pic of the new version reminded me of the smiling shark's face in finding Nemo.
Old 4th January 2011, 18:00   #30
Senior - BHPian

I am not thrilled but it doesn't actually breaks the deal for a prospective client. Look what they have done to the Passat this looks an okish job from Honda. Cost cutting doesn't let them play with current dies

I hope they now match Superb gadget playlist else it will just be too sad a story for Accord.

Most Viewed