Team-BHP - Scoop Shots: 2011 BMW X3 from Chennai
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Scoop Shots: 2011 BMW X3 from Chennai (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/94556-scoop-shots-2011-bmw-x3-chennai.html)

after the launch of X1, BMW is gearing up to launch the second generation X3 by Q2 2011. The car was spotted in Chennai by motoroids. They say its a "mystery X1" but the bigger headlights and the bumper design is a dead giveaway that its the 2011 X3.

head over to

Mystery BMW X1 spied in Chennai

to see the pics.

pic courtesy motoroids and netcarshow for comparison.

camoed X3 in chennai

Scoop Shots: 2011 BMW X3 from Chennai-bmwx1spypictureschennai.jpg

2011 X3

Scoop Shots: 2011 BMW X3 from Chennai-bmwx3_2011_1024x768_wallpaper_05.jpg

That is one good looking vehicle. The bonnet shut line running just over the headlights and the kidneys reminds me of their designs from the pre Bangled times. Hope this design thought comes back in to their sedans too.

BMW is playing the India game to perfection and cashing in on the current penchant for SUVs in india.With the X1,X3,X5 and X6 they will have covered all bases.

Like the mellowed down look for this model.Something different.
Expect the 2l & 3l diesels and the 3l petrol.

The X3 was never a hit. And with the X1 coming at just 22-30lakhs, no one's even gonna look at the X3 cuz the X1 is way more better looking and has probably the same engine options.

Well not in india atleast.X1 is available with a 1.8L petrol and 2.0D diesel.

Also X3 is being as something between the X1 and X5.Considering that there is a quite a significant gap(around 30 lakhs) between the prices of both these SUVs(around 30 lakhs)there is space for another one.

X3 Would be perfect if launched around 35L.

Nice Scoop! I wonder why they mask the logo when the grill speaks for itself. Nevertheless, I love the X5 better.

I looked over one in Munich, makes sense if you are a city person needing space for 5 passengers. This time it is more superior than the older one

X3 was spotted testing in Pune by an autocarindia reader .

Here are the pics :

Scoop Shots: 2011 BMW X3 from Chennai-bmw_x3a.jpg

Scoop Shots: 2011 BMW X3 from Chennai-bmw_x3b.jpg

Source : autocarindia.com

From what I saw of it in Munich, it is a brilliant car. Good space inside and you dont feel shortchanged if you skipped an X5. It is offered in the UK with the 2.0D engine. I wonder what options will come here

I had a look at this in the BMW World exhibition in Singapore. A handsome looking car, and looks extremely proportionate from all angles.

By the way, will this be BMW's launchpad for the new Twinpower Turbo 4-cylinder Motor (N20)? :)

I think we have had a topic for this earlier where I mentioned the following engines were confirmed,

2.0D ; 3.0D and also a petrol motor, the 3.0D will be tuned as the 530D and the 2.0D will be in the tune of the 320d/520d as the X1 is in a lower tune.

Will be launched in the next 2 months or so and should be a gorgeous car in it's segment just drove them in the US and the X3 is surely going to get a lot of sales in India.

Regards,

Isnt the X3 already available here commercially as a CBU?

I hope the X3 comes with the 3.0 litre diesel to give the Q5 a fight. The earlier X3 had a brilliant chassis but not the engines to match. A base 2litre diesel, a 2.5 litre petrol and the 6 cylinder 3.0 diesel would be a good round off to the range

Quote:

Originally Posted by centaur (Post 2268534)
Isnt the X3 already available here commercially as a CBU?

Yes it is,but thats the previous generation.This is the new gen X3.

It definitely looks better than the X1. It kind of manages to retain its proportions, with a fairly robust bonnet. The lower down the order BMWs go, they start losing proportions. This is what I fail to understand. SUVs need to have a certain fundamental look

Not that I am cribbing, but an SUV needs to exude macho