Team-BHP - Battle of the German giant juniors. Make your choice
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Battle of the German giant juniors. Make your choice (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/9456-battle-german-giant-juniors-make-your-choice.html)

The C Klasse is already available in our country. The BMW 3 Series is driving in soon and the Audi A4 will soon be launched in early '06. The poll is simple. Which would be your choice?

So to help you make your choice :

C Klasse - Mercedes Benz. Been in the local scene for almost 10 years now and has an established dealer network and service.

BMW 3 Series - From the legendary Bavarian Giant. Fondly known as the Ultimate Driving Machine. Few select dealers and not yet established a proper network

Audi A4 - The underdog in this poll. Not a very popular marque in India. Remembered only as the car Ravi Shastri won in a cricket tournament. But the A8 and A6 have changed all that. Audi is now a serious contender but dealership networks leave a lot to be desired

The 3 Series for sure... have loved the 3 since I first saw it...
am sitting on the fence on the current model though...

The Audi is nice too... for the money I would just get the Superb instead...:D probably with spare change left over for performance mods...

The beemer anyday.
Mercs suck, as of now!

the beemer for me.. love it..

I agree that the BEE EEM is better... the drivers car.
But even if someone put a shoot at sight order for loving a merc... i will still choose the Merc... My love, my passion, my everything...
I need that supercharged (Kompressor) merc... All i want to do is drift...
I bet u havnt heard of anything worse than that.

BMW for the fact that it feels and is more sporty than the Merc. And like Dippy said, "The Ultimate Driving Machine" :D

This is a tough poll! But I have always wanted a BMW 3 and thats what I voted for. Still both the Mercedes and Audi are great cars by themselves BUT I finally got a chance to drive a BMW 3 a few weeks back and ........I am speechless! Thats why I never wrote down my BMW expereince here! Just the way the straight six engine responded to my gentle taps on the accelarator were enough to send me grinning from ear to ear. Those engines are utlra responsive man. Having driven a BMW once, trust me, you wouldn't wanna drive anything else! I have always loved BMW, have been passionate about the brand and the cars and thats when you run the risk of getting disappointed because you expect way too much from something but BMW didn't disappoint me, in fact, the driving expereince exceeded all my expectations. I was expecting to be zapped by BMW but I was blown! Driving back home in a VW that night, I felt like I was driving a Toyota Corolla or a Honda Civic!

After driving the recent Audis I feel they're up there with the best, if not better. Besides I prefer the slightly understated looks of the Audi to BMW's Mangled-by-Bangle design cues and the boring looks of the C.

The Audi feels right, handles right and has just the right sort of power. A4 me!

Well said Amit. I felt they cant get any better, but the E90 3-series takes it up another notch. For sporty driving A4 and C class dont even come close. its the 3-er for me.

Lure of the rings is too good to resist. So voted for Audi...:)

Conan

A difficult choice between the Beemer 3 and the Audi A4 but will take the Beemer. Just love that aggressive "in your face" looks of the beemer and that legendary performance.

i'd prefer the bmw 3-series for sure.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5u3zEr0
A difficult choice between the Beemer 3 and the Audi A4 but will take the Beemer. Just love that aggressive "in your face" looks of the beemer and that legendary performance.

thats well said !!! I feel the same too.... voted for the Beemer.

@Dippy, you rightly mentioned that BMW suffers from lack of service network in the country. But I recently read a news item that BMW will be setting up a manufacturing plant near chennai, which will also be the export hub for asia. this means cheaper 3 series cars and good service and support. Here's the linky. Imagine BMW 3 series at prices slightly higher than those of Germany!
http://www.tn.gov.in/pressclippings/...du31082005.htm

Ohhhh...!!! No doubt .....
Its a BMW for me...

KP