Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2011, 23:22   #166
BHPian

Re: December 2010 : Indian Car Sales Figures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie View Post
Thanks so much PCS, my most sincere apologies, somehow the month of August was left out in my calculations.

Please see the correct table here

The top of the ranking doesn't change, with the Alto #1 at 300,950, the i10 #2 (159,158), the Wagon R #3 (156,509) then the Swift, Indica and DZire.

The Nano is 14th, the Polo 28th, the Fabia 40th and the Vento 41st.

Enjoy! and apologies again.
Matt
Great work, Matt. Glad to note that I own the top two best selling cars of 2010, Alto and I10. Despite the growing prices of diesel and the growing interest in diesel variants, the petrol cars took centre stage with the gold, silver and bronze medals.
Old 7th January 2011, 23:38   #167
Senior - BHPian

The sales figures of i20 is puzzling, especially when there are owners and prospective buyers in TBHP complaining about rattling issues. Some owners even wanted to sell their car off, but resale values are lesser due to market awareness of the issues. Or all these issues something specific to TBHP owners?
Old 8th January 2011, 04:43   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post
The sales figures of i20 is puzzling, especially when there are owners and prospective buyers in TBHP complaining about rattling issues. Some owners even wanted to sell their car off, but resale values are lesser due to market awareness of the issues. Or all these issues something specific to TBHP owners?
IMO only a few people complained about rattles in the steering column.
Neither it is a reason enough (again IMO) to sell a car off, nor it is proof enough to make those cars a lemon. As it is, lemon law in India is close to being non existent. Here when I bought a 10+ year old car, the dealer still had to sign on anti lemon and anti odo fraud legal papers.
Old 8th January 2011, 07:11   #169
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post
The sales figures of i20 is puzzling, especially when there are owners and prospective buyers in TBHP complaining about rattling issues.
I test drove an i20 just to hear the rattling sound. The test drive car had driven for 22k kms. The sound was very clear. What I feel is that normal people won't notice the sound. If I wasn't a tbhpian, I too wouldn't have known about this issue.
Old 10th January 2011, 12:51   #170
BHPian

Lots of ups and down is going on in the Indian Automobile Market. Lots of new model has introduced and coming soon... Hope to see some thing more too.
I believe that SWIFT saga will end soon. May be in another 6 months the sales may land up into a half. FORD already ran the FIGO for past 10+ months and looks like people have gain faith on this company. Adding to that T-Badged Hatch is coming soon, Nissan and VW is also getting popular. Dont know what FIAT will do
So the Premium Hatch leader SWIFT may face the heat.
Old 10th January 2011, 13:04   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arin_12 View Post
I believe that SWIFT saga will end soon. May be in another 6 months the sales may land up into a half.So the Premium Hatch leader SWIFT may face the heat.
Please read the sales chart of Swift, inspite of news of Next Gen Swift Launch by April 2011 sales are still strong , yes it could come down for a bit. But once the New Swift is launched expect it to maintain the sales. IF Swift ZDI is launched and built quality is better then it would surely maintain above 10k mark.
Old 10th January 2011, 15:25   #172
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Hi GTO. Can we have sales figures of Jaguar-Land Rover models if possible?
Old 10th January 2011, 15:35   #173
BHPian

I am suprised at the numbers racked in by Nissan considering their waffer thin dealer network!!! And no brand image what-so-ever (nothing like the la' VW TOI bomb). They are sure poised to become a big player IMO.
Old 10th January 2011, 17:54   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arin_12 View Post
Dont know what FIAT will do
I hope T-Jet would change their fortunes. But it has not. Their punto and Linea ads were not at all catchy. But their partners (read TATA) ads are always catchy, creative and informative (though there is a bit of hype). I thought TATA JV would help them. But looks like both TATA - FIAT are in confusion what to do about the JV. Every one is pulling the strings in different directions (overlapping models, no segmentation of brands at sales desk, no priority treatment at service). I hope they would find a solution and be here as niche products maker rather than a mass leader. After all, they build good cars.
Old 11th January 2011, 01:56   #175
BHPian

BMW has released their full year nuumbers. It's an impressive 6246 against Merc's 5819 and Audi's 3003.
The december sales of BMW stands best at 901 (considering till nov they sold 5345).
X1 must be contributing heavily, I think

Source
Old 11th January 2011, 11:33   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac187 View Post
I am suprised at the numbers racked in by Nissan considering their waffer thin dealer network!!! And no brand image what-so-ever (nothing like the la' VW TOI bomb). They are sure poised to become a big player IMO.
After the MICRA launch they have added 7 more dealers and they are planning to touch 100 dealerships by 2013.
With Renault also planning to open seperate dealerships very soon,
we might have more car showrooms in India cities than departmental stores.

Last edited by Daewood : 11th January 2011 at 11:38.
Old 11th January 2011, 12:47   #177
Distinguished - BHPian

With about 73% of the total share is taken between Three major manufacturers (Maruti Suzuki, Hyundai, TATA & FIAT).

The remaining 27% see about 13+ manufacturers.

It will very interesting to see the market in terms of Turnover and Revenue. Does anybody have any details on this aspect.
Old 12th January 2011, 15:55   #178
BHPian

I just noticed that Honda is not discussed much this month. In fact if you take the City out of the equation, they would not be any better than say a Fiat. With so many new launches around the corner (Fiesta, Sunny etc) even the City is likely to be beaten. Is Honda doing anything at all to revive their market share apart from the limited edition type changes?

Last edited by battada : 12th January 2011 at 15:56.
Old 12th January 2011, 16:56   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
Please read the sales chart of Swift, inspite of news of Next Gen Swift Launch by April 2011 sales are still strong , yes it could come down for a bit. But once the New Swift is launched expect it to maintain the sales. IF Swift ZDI is launched and built quality is better then it would surely maintain above 10k mark.
You are right !!! But I am talking about the future sales. So many new generation car is coming and obviously people tends to leave these old horse As per our FORUM the pics and the Heart of the New Swift is not a major change. It cant be said as 2011 upgraded model rather its a face lift. However lets wait and watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rao_battula View Post
I hope they would find a solution and be here as niche products maker rather than a mass leader. After all, they build good cars.
FIAT should resolve their internal issue with TATA asap. Else they need to shut the shop once again.
Old 13th January 2011, 16:09   #180
BHPian

ARe people still wondering why Linea sales went nose-diving even further over the past couple of months? If we take a close look in introspection, we already know the answer: Cars like Vento & Etios is eating into its 'possible pie'. Especially the Vento TDI- It is a Diesel & is priced similar to Linea MJD & TJet, with a similar/better engine performance. Even the Petrol Vento manages to attract customers with its Auto-box option (at the same price as a manual box Linea TJet).
Etios, at the same time, is eating into the Linea petrol "Active"/"Dynamic" customers, with the "Toyota" badge & true VFM proposition. Honda City sales is seemingly unaffected by all the market happenings...Seems like it has a huge customer base still in reserve. Now wonder the Linea sales went down.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks