Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2011, 22:43   #31
Team-BHP Support

Re: December 2010 : Indian Car Sales Figures

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
- Somethings amiss with the Figo. With its value proposition and Ford's strengthened network, it's easily a 6,000 monthly hatch. Does anyone know of inventory / supply issues?
I happened to visit two showrooms and there are Figo's in stock, but not the ones you would like.
Eg - A black titanium variant with the coral dashboard, same goes for the green color.
OT-Had to wait and got mine on 1-1-'11.

Quote:
- The best selling car for HM-Mitsubishi remains the Ambassador! Pajero selling well, after you consider it's not available in BS-IV cities.
If I had to choose between Pajero and Endy, I would pick a Pajero anyday, the mid seats are horrible, the floor is high and you sit with legs bent more than you like.

Quote:
- Just look at the Fabia! The facelift & repositioning have multiplied sales nearly 4X more.
Surprise for sure.
Quote:
I'm sure a lot of us are happy to see the Nano climb up. I
For sure and the new ad by Tata is a real nice one.
Old 3rd January 2011, 22:55   #32
Senior - BHPian

Looks like the only partner profiting from the tata-fiat venture is tata. People come to tata-fiat showrooms to buy a fiat and end by buying a vista on some serious fiat brand bashing by the sales men. I have personally witnessed and experienced this when I went to see a Tjet recently. Looks like I will seriously have to think over my decision of replacing my ikon with a Tjet with such sales figures. I wont be surprised if they just shut shop to take a break and come back again with a renewed dealer network and strategy. This has happened before and it may happen again. Its so sad to see that even the Ambassador sold more than all Fiats combined.

Figo o Figo what happened to you. But I seriously think its more of a supply problem.

Nano as expected has bounced back brilliantly.

City sales prove that its quite a desirable car and Honda's strategy of increased exchange bonus plus free insurance seems to have worked even in the slow December month.

Once again common GM get that little diesel engine asap.
Old 3rd January 2011, 23:04   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

The FIAT numbers are really sad.The T-jet should be selling like hot cakes.It is way better than ANHC in almost all aspects(my opinion) but still its bombing in the market.FIAT you need to call off your venture with TATA and start your own marketplace!Some serious retrospection is required.I really feel sad for the linea
Old 3rd January 2011, 23:06   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

The Beat has beaten the Figo in the Dec sales sweepstakes.
The Nano has showed that it is here alive and kicking selling just 139 units lesser its big brother the Indica saleswise and nearly ten times as much as its previous month sales! So will it be coffins for the Nano? No No!
In the taxi segment C class the Logan has sold twice the number of Ambassadors.
And the Scorpio has sold just 39 units less than the Innova! A record as Innovas outsold the Scorpio by a few hundreds always!
The Prius has at last sold 13 units. Who are some of the buyers? Evidently some of the greens.
Old 3rd January 2011, 23:06   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkumar007 View Post
Really surprised to see such a low sales numbers in December. I remember almost all OEMs were offering some discounts & offers to customers.
This is to be expected. Customers avoid buying cars in December since they would get previous year's model. Most used cars are advertised as 2006-Alto or 2006-Accord, so this affects resale (hassles to explain that its 2010 Dec car).
Old 3rd January 2011, 23:12   #36
BHPian

Hi GTO,

Can we get a 2010 Annual Sales Figures Analysis & Charts ?
Like market shares, segment leaders, trend analysis, etc.

-JK
Old 3rd January 2011, 23:13   #37
Senior - BHPian

Never thought just a minor facelift on the Fabia would cause a 4X increase in sales! But I guess it's mainly due to the price drop. Now to see who came ahead, Polo or Fabia? I am betting on Polo.
Fiat sales are disastrous! It's really sad to see the manufacturer with the most beautiful cars this side of 10lakhs to even get beaten by an Ambassador in terms of sales by 2X!
Old 3rd January 2011, 23:15   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Tavera : 1694, Innova : 4077
I think these are mainly Taxis. Since a large number of families own a 5 seater car, there is no huge demand for 5 seater taxis except in Airports and cities. Rural areas mostly, it is SUV/MUV kind of taxis. Looks like both Xylo and Sumo Grande could not make much impact in this segment. Tata and Mahindra, each need a new product 7-8 seater for taxi segment. Hope Venture will do the trick for Tata.
Old 3rd January 2011, 23:26   #39
BHPian

Are we seeing a bigger picture here about the impending shakeout, with Toyoto "elephant"slowly,steadily gaining momentum, while fiat going also rans.
Even players with a great brand loyalty like Honda losing the plot due to sheer arrogance or disdain for the market.
My respect for the Toyota is growing, they are hearing the market loud and clear and will be formidable in next few years!
Old 3rd January 2011, 23:27   #40
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Interesting to note that there has been a three fold jump in sales for Merc ML compared to last month.
The only positive for Fiat is that they managed to sell 1 unit of 500!
Old 3rd January 2011, 23:40   #41
BHPian

Is there any problem with Fiat plant ? I have this doubt as the number seems to be so unrealistic . And figo sales are down due to fabia sales going up . Dont want to write more about fiat .
Old 3rd January 2011, 23:45   #42
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Surprising numbers for the Figo and the Fiat models. I saw a good number of Linea T-Jet's in Mumbai over the last week and was expecting Linea's numbers to grow, but the numbers are shocking. Also the sales of the Figo, which is a potential Car of the Year are way too low than expected.
Old 4th January 2011, 00:07   #43
BHPian

Thanks GTO for bringing this up.

Descent show by Chevrolet. I guess their 3 year maintenance package has helped in pushing the numbers for Beat and Spark

Merc has also done a good job however I would not give the credit to Merc at this stage as its competitor numbers are not yet out

Toyota as usual doing a wonderful job, I guess they would have done an excellent job if Innova and Fortuner available off shelf. Altis is still struggling and I am pretty sure Petrol would have sold better than diesel Altis. GTO - Is it possible to get a breakup?? I guess Etios numbers are from test drive vehicle given to each dealership.

Happy to see Nano numbers (I am sure lot of Indians would be have smile on face when looking at the number), Happiness guarantee has made these numbers. Now the good news is that Nano is available off shelf throughout India, this should definitely push the numbers. Indigo sisters had a hit due to Etios launch, good number by Aria.

Fiat is getting in to dog days; they have to re-look at their Indian strategy. To be frank they are in a sticky situation, they cannot reduce the price of their cars now as it would be a direct competition to TATA and latter would not agree to it. However they cannot live like this, they have to do something about it. Will they??

Figo numbers are shocking, even dated Fiesta has done better in spite of a face lift in the near future.

Either the new generation i10 or the hefty year end discount has not brought any good numbers to Hyundai. I20 is doing strong and in due course it would over take their flagship model.

Micra is rock solid with 1k numbers, given the wafer thin dealership they are doing a good job. However this will not happen for a long time, they should start aggressively scouting for new dealership and expand rapidly.

Awaiting for segment leader Maruti, VW and BMW numbers I am sure everyone should be more interested to look in to this number.
Old 4th January 2011, 00:13   #44
Senior - BHPian

102 sante fe's and 260 arias is quite nice considering lack of brand value and all the high brand value options within the segment, one chooses aria over yeti, and hyundai numbers r more than crv and outlander!! and similar to endeavour ,yeti ,captiva and most importantly the X1!!! even with outrageously high prices, also considering the fact that most cars above 15 lacs sell in 3 digits except fortuner which is a clear winner no doubt ,but great acheivement by hyundai and tata

Last edited by AMATMO : 4th January 2011 at 00:16.
Old 4th January 2011, 00:29   #45
Senior - BHPian

- Who is still buying the U-VA + Aveo???

- Fiat, what the heck?

- Ford needs to bring the Hatch+ Sedan Feista FAST!

- If Honda wants to sell Jazz in decent nos. no doubt they will have to pull
A Fabia!

- Logan at 896 !!! I surely thought the wannabe Logan ( Etios)
would have dented the sales further .

- Good to see Fabia around Polo Nos.

- Hyundai s sales figures might dominate more if they get the New Verna ,
Avante + Next Gen Sonata.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks