Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2011, 01:09   #46

Re: December 2010 : Indian Car Sales Figures

>> "Who is still buying the U-VA + Aveo???"

Actually the opposite surprises me as a UVA owner. Having recently
bought the vehicles and driven it for quite a few months now, I can
confidently describe it as a very good vehicle - very solid , stable at high
speeds, very good suspension and extremely spacious for 5 adults.

Yes, every vehicle has its minus points. But given all the factors and if
we average them out,sometimes i wonder why they sell so less -

Is it the marketing ? Or we just prefer new cars ?
Old 4th January 2011, 06:48   #47
Team-BHP Support

Why ae BMW very shy about their numbers ?

Having just landed from New York - I barely saw 1 F10, loads of 3's and X5's, and smatterings of 6's and 7's. I saw more f10's in China and again lots of c's and E's although the 3 is a strong seller. These are the two largest markets.

Merc S classes are still popular in both places and they can't make enough of them

BMW are totally dependent on the 3. They really need to be aggressive in India to survive. Globally, Merc are more profitable since the E and S make big margins,

BMW are stronger in Europe though
Old 4th January 2011, 07:36   #48
Senior - BHPian

Good to see a spike in Fiesta nos from the last months sales. Whats happend to Figo? A drastic drop from the top last month. Is it the year end blues for the blue oval. I recently went to the Ford showroom in Thane along with a colleague who was opting fro Figo and found the sales no to be very healthy. GTO are we sure about the nos please?

How long still is Fiat going to tag along with Tata? I guess the no of rickshaw's sold on Mumbai streets would be much more than that no.

Afterall Vento has failed to dent the City sales which is going super strong inspite of being in the +10 L segment.
Old 4th January 2011, 07:38   #49
Senior - BHPian

2010 total sales figures (Jan to December) would be highly appreciated, even if a separate thread needs to be created for this.

Thanks to GTO for posting the figures, month after month
Old 4th January 2011, 07:42   #50
Senior - BHPian

Good to see Nano back in the game! But Figo?? Somethings amiss!! Just below 2K??? Really shocking. Would be interesting to see maruti's numbers!!
Old 4th January 2011, 08:10   #51
BHPian

Its not possible to construe anything based on month on month numbers. Last month it was Nano's bad time. I think averaging the sales figures on a half yearly basis would give a good idea about how the cars are doing.
Old 4th January 2011, 08:19   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Why ae BMW very shy about their numbers ?

BMW are stronger in Europe though
Yup.
IMO in Europe its Audi > BMW > Merc
If i am not mistaken even in China ,Audi has marked the highest sales off the 3 lately.
Was in the silicon valley in the USA and there too, though i am not sure who is the market leader between BMW & Audi, i am pretty sure the Mercs had the least spotting out of the 3. Noticeably at that.This is 2007-09.
Awaiting Audi and BMW sales figures

Last edited by PlatzdaTurbo : 4th January 2011 at 08:21.
Old 4th January 2011, 08:56   #53
J.Ravi

Fiat India Automobiles Ltd. is breaking its own dismal record every month. Their numbers have come down from 4-digit to 3-digit. What next? What happended to the study referred to Accenture? Fiat requires nothing short of drastic surgery with their marketing strategy to prevent it from getting into oblivion.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 4th January 2011 at 08:58.

Old 4th January 2011, 09:08   #54
BHPian

I'm shocked at the Figo numbers and definitely feel that either they have been reported incorrectly (unlikely) or that Ford has production issues. I'm seeing too many new Figo's on road to believe that abysmal number!!
Old 4th January 2011, 09:19   #55
BHPian

nice to see nano back on track. I really don't want to see the death of "peoples car"
Old 4th January 2011, 09:26   #56
BHPian

62 GPs a month? Sorry for Fiat.
The 70-grand fat discount on Fiesta had it moving! 1656 over 1108 of November, 2010. 548 more cars, that too on December! Good move!
Don't know why Figo went to 1k mark. It was indeed a VFM car.

At last, Nano on track
Old 4th January 2011, 09:33   #57
GTO
Team-BHP Support

*Update*

Maruti added to the opening post

Quote:
M 800 - 1798
Alto - 26937
Estilo - 3769
Wagon R - 14434
A-Star - 2564
Swift - 11600
Ritz - 5188
Dzire - 8601
SX4 - 761
Omni - 7685
EECO - 5862
Gypsy - 264
G.Vitara - 6
Old 4th January 2011, 09:36   #58
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

A different take on some pointers:

Dec and Jan too for that matter tend to give incorrect number Ideas, lots of MNC have Dec year endings and want to get out as muct as possible to the Dealers, while for Indian co's it's March ending and this dumping happens in March rather than Dec.

Also from the buyer prespective he does not want a Dec manufactured car unless he gets a discount for it, and hence the dealer will not stock up for Jan, instead all those numbers would come in Jan. This generally does not impact cars with long booking and waiting periods where the customer does not have too much of an option, like the fortuner, Swift, Dzire etc.

Many Manufacturers (expecially Indian ones) tend manufacture less in Dec for the above reasons and even do their annual maintenance in that month if required.

Nano numbers going up is a big big relief. All happy I guess.

Thought the Etios would do better numbers in it's first month? - Even if availability was an issue, Felt they would have been able to ship more to the dealers.

Fortuner numbers are irrelavent for now since it more about how much they can produce rather than sell for now. Though they had crossed 1K units earlier they are back in the 900's for now. Wonder if they started to take bookings could then go on to get a year long booking, or do they stop bookings just as booking start tapering off. This is a marketing ploy that only insiders would really know about. At what point to they stop taking further bookings?

Actually felt the Corolla would do better than the segment leading numbers it has at close to 1500, and 917 is not really impressive for the brand and the worlds largest selling car considering that it has both diesel and petrol options now.

Innova ofcourse leads as it should for what it is.

Aria? Well from a buyers prespective am sure they are happy to see numbers below 1K for the Aria in the sense that it retains excusivity, but then some decent numbers around 500 would be required to retain the vehicle mindshare in the market. We for all our speculations do not really know what kind of numbers TATA had planned for? Is the car just for image building and initial tests in India before a global launch? The Aria is not available in less than 4-6 weeks even now (without contacts and an indirect queue jump). Most people have reservations about the pricing given that it is from TATA and does look a bit like the lower priced Innova, 4X4 and features do not matter to people at large, but yet TATA has not released the lower priced Plus model that is detailed in the User manual to come without 4X4 in a more basic trim? They do have a card with them hope they are not forced to use it too soon.

Cruz and Laura both seems to be doing decent mumbers.

Superb trumps Accord as usual. The balance has been so exact for the last year.

The new Fabia would have brought the smile back on skoda faces, they finally got the fabia right, what they had launched first time up was with honda jazz like pricing and rightly failed, this time it seems capable of taking on even the polo once again. Of course it was the polo that caused the revised spec and pricing in the first place, hats of to it.

Safari and Sumo numbers as usual as they have been on average for most of the year.

The Manza numbers seem decent considering the Etios is out there - hope people do realize that it is a segment higher in reality at a similar price as the Etios and the Dzire and it's not just price that make a segment. Wonder what the Dzire, Etios and Manza numbers would be for Jan.

Xylo really is a better vehicle than the Scorpio and as GTO said it's just the image that is getting the scorpio ahead. Xylo needs a face lift and possible a butt tuck in as well.

E class - way to go M

Beat - Spark, it amazing how the Beat does lower numbers than the Spark consistently ever month by a similar margin. Price matters in India - big time.

The big story is the Fiat numbers - or the lack of them rather- hope and feel that this is due to Fiat letting the dealers clear their Dec inventory and restricting manufacturing at it's end for the year end. Hope to seem good numbers in Jan. But as GTO said, this will need a marketing blitz.

Last edited by ACM : 4th January 2011 at 09:37.
Old 4th January 2011, 09:42   #59
BHPian

Well. The Toyota Etios numbers confirm that these are the units reaching the dealers and not the sales figures. Now, although this is an indicator of the bookings and future sales, one cannot go by these numbers fluctuating over each month. For a market like India, during the last few months of the year, its very tough for any manufacturer to accurately predict the sales - and so there is bound to be a disconnect between these numbers and the real sales. Because of this disconnect, the next month's numbers may look skewed.

So, what would be a better way to analyse these numbers is to plot a "cumulative" graph for each car. Further, there could be one graph for every segment like hatch, sedan, MUV, SUV etc.

Let me know what you guys think about this - i can invest some time on this if you all think it is a good idea.
Old 4th January 2011, 10:00   #60
BHPian

surprised to see the numbers of Ford Figo, Fiat Punto and Linea.
Nano numbers make me happy but dont see as much on roads.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks