Beetle 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
Fiat

Linea : 189
Punto : 62
Palio : 23
500 : 1

18 beetles!! This is quite good for a dolly car that is as expensive as a 320d CE.
Its nearest Rival the Fiat 500 pales in comparison with just one unit sold. That too when the 500 has a diesel engine and is much cheaper.

Regards.

Last edited by YC.BALENO.CHD : 5th January 2011 at 23:01.
Old 6th January 2011, 08:22   #137
BHPian

Re: December 2010 : Indian Car Sales Figures

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Clearly, people think Vento is better VFM compared to Polo!

Polo clearly needs better engines at the same price level.
The figures reflect the state of supply from VW and not the demand from the market. With the current level of production vis-a-vis demand, any manufacturer would produce what yields more profit. Thats the case here. Vento is more profitable than Polo.

As somebody rightly said, The correct picture would be visible when the Chakan plant attains its full capacity in next 3- 6 months time.( with Fabia numbers included )
Old 6th January 2011, 11:41   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCS View Post
Volkswagen Figures Are

Polo 2356
Vento 3160
Jetta 236
Passat 0
Phaeton 2
Touareg 0
Beetle 18
3160 Ventos is a flying start. Great going.

If only Polo had a less waiting time, the numbers would be significantly higher. It would be interesting to watch this space during the first half of the year.
Old 6th January 2011, 12:01   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritzy View Post
The figures reflect the state of supply from VW and not the demand from the market. With the current level of production vis-a-vis demand, any manufacturer would produce what yields more profit. Thats the case here. Vento is more profitable than Polo.

As somebody rightly said, The correct picture would be visible when the Chakan plant attains its full capacity in next 3- 6 months time.( with Fabia numbers included )
And Not to forget,,, as long as demand supply constraint Remain, VW would like to allocate more capacity to Vento than Polo. I guess because of the price difference and Same architecture, Vento will have much higher profitability than Polo.
Old 6th January 2011, 12:05   #140
BHPian

Hi everyone,

Once again thanks so much for sharing the sales figures and for all the invaluable insights.

I've noticed a few requests for more cumulative model data to give a bit more perspective to the monthly data... I have used the numbers published on team-bhp all of this year for all models and added them compose a 2010 ranking for India and have detailed it in my blog, link to the post here

Over the whole of 2010 the Alto obviously comes in first with 272,520 sales (I believe this should be its highest ever yearly figure?), ahead of the i10, Wagon R, Swift and Indica.
The Nano is 15th, the Polo 30th, the Vento 39th (but with only a few months of sales) and the Fabia 40th.

Hope you find this link useful!
Matt
Old 6th January 2011, 12:38   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie View Post
I've noticed a few requests for more cumulative model data to give a bit more perspective to the monthly data... I have used the numbers published on team-bhp all of this year for all models and added them compose a 2010 ranking for India and have detailed it in my blog, link to the post here
Great work Matt .

Mahindra Bolero is the only MUV to cross 50K mark in 2010. Good going M&M.
Toyota Innova still going strong. IMO Mahindra Xylo could have done better.

Why Tata not giving independent sales figures for Indica and Indigo range?

Last edited by HammerHead : 6th January 2011 at 12:40.
Old 6th January 2011, 12:45   #142
BHPian

Makes good business sense! The basic vento trendline petrol is 80K more expensive that the top end Polo 1.6 highline variant. The price difference base versions of both is about 2.5L. So probably 1 Vento would make as much money for VW as 3 or 4 Polo's i guess. VW understands our mindset that car with boot = more status, prestige and so worth paying more money etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by anu21v View Post
And Not to forget,,, as long as demand supply constraint Remain, VW would like to allocate more capacity to Vento than Polo. I guess because of the price difference and Same architecture, Vento will have much higher profitability than Polo.
Old 6th January 2011, 12:48   #143
PCS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie View Post
Hi everyone,

Once again thanks so much for sharing the sales figures and for all the invaluable insights.

Over the whole of 2010 the Alto obviously comes in first with 272,520 sales (I believe this should be its highest ever yearly figure?), ahead of the i10, Wagon R, Swift and Indica.
The Nano is 15th, the Polo 30th, the Vento 39th (but with only a few months of sales) and the Fabia 40th.

Hope you find this link useful!
Matt

Hey Aussie, Please check the figures. Alto has done 300k in 2010. Please recheck figures
Old 6th January 2011, 13:41   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCS View Post
Hey Aussie, Please check the figures. Alto has done 300k in 2010. Please recheck figures
Thanks so much PCS, my most sincere apologies, somehow the month of August was left out in my calculations.

Please see the correct table here

The top of the ranking doesn't change, with the Alto #1 at 300,950, the i10 #2 (159,158), the Wagon R #3 (156,509) then the Swift, Indica and DZire.

The Nano is 14th, the Polo 28th, the Fabia 40th and the Vento 41st.

Enjoy! and apologies again.
Matt
Old 6th January 2011, 14:18   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Thats an excellent figure.

Models in less than 10Lac sedans are actually increasing. Will be good to watch this space after say 6 months.

And how about the waiting period for Vento? Is it available of the shelf now?
Booking for diesel highline has been stopped. They cant meet demand. My friend and I went to the showroom to make an additional booking, but were stopped from doing so as they have an order backlog for 9 months. I dont know about other models
Old 6th January 2011, 14:21   #146
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Somethings amiss with the Figo. With its value proposition and Ford's strengthened network, it's easily a 6,000 monthly hatch.
I was spot on with my doubts! Have received confirmed information that December 2010 was the Figo's best retail month so far (and over the 6,000 that I originally predicted). I'm told that the difference was a positive chunk on the usual months.
Old 6th January 2011, 14:30   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was spot on with my doubts! Have received confirmed information that December 2010 was the Figo's best retail month so far (and over the 6,000 that I originally predicted). I'm told that the difference was a positive chunk on the usual months.
Now that makes sense!! Thanks GTO for the confirmation! I was kind of confused because, the Figo numbers on road shot up considerably. I think the same applies for the Fiat too, I wonder how people jump the gun at next available opportunity (am I doing that now? )
Old 6th January 2011, 17:45   #148
BHPian

Ok folks,

I have compiled ALL monthly figures for the Top 40 models so you can look at the whole year in one go, month by month for every model with the position they reached every month.

Quite fascinating to see the evolution of some models like the Figo (interestingly its best 2010 volume was achieved on its 1st full month of sales in March), Polo, Vento and of course the Nano: very easy to see the peak in June-August (#5 in June).
The Wagon R has a clear up trend in the second half of 2010 which could mean it will pass the i10 in 2011...

I have put in blue the best monthly volume achieved, you will see a lot of models have achieved their best monthly volume in October.

Click on the "India Full Year 2010 Model by Model, Month by Month" link below the Skoda Fabia picture here

Enjoy!
Matt
Old 6th January 2011, 17:57   #149
BHPian

Quote:
So,whats the exact figure of Ford figo for december?
First post needs update.
Old 6th January 2011, 18:05   #150
BHPian

See the highlighted "retail" in GTO's post. As have been said many times, the figures we see here are dealer despatches. I think those numbers were correct, but the sales came from dealer stocks, mostly non moving variants.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks