Team-BHP - Honda Civic gets optional Sunroof
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Honda Civic gets optional Sunroof (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/94792-honda-civic-gets-optional-sunroof.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sn1p3r (Post 2199969)
Honda design team did a tremendous job with the current city. They should not over do the design work.

Honda just add things that are important
. Nice shocks, nice xenon headlamps, a great music system and comfortable yet sport seats. Afterall this is the car for the young guns. Dont convert the car from dude to dud.

they have added this at least before the final adieu.

Honda Civic gets optional Sunroof-photo1756.jpg
sunroof, optional on V grade.

Honda Civic gets optional Sunroof-photo1757.jpg

Honda Civic gets optional Sunroof-photo1759.jpg
new urban titanium colour replaces polished metal metallic.

Honda Civic gets optional Sunroof-photo1760.jpg
new rear sunshade for elegence package

no idea about the extra cost for sunroof.

Though i have been long waiting for a facelift of the Civic, after seeing the test cars, I am not that keen any more. It seems to have lost that futuristic look.

One thing I find very funny on the new car is their reference of 'SMOKEY' lights :uncontrol

LAME is all I can say. U dont understand what Honda is upto. They should add things which people will be hesitant to add aftermarket. Agreed the sunroof is good, but the rest?:Frustrati

Rear Octagonal combination lights!!! HAHAHAAHA!!! You know honda has nothing to write about when they make things like This!! when will we ever get a proper sporty version???...sigh!

Final edition

I have a V AT and I just picked and added the Side Step Garnish.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidindica (Post 2200559)
Final edition
  • S gets added front fog lights.
  • V gets added blue ambient interior light as standard and a sunroof as a cost option.
  • rear sun curtain, illuminated side step garnish and rain protecting side door visor is part of "elegance" accessories package.

So the difference between the V & the S is what? Parking sensors & Leather?
In Calcutta, the ex-show prices stand at 12.51L and 13.39L. 88K difference.

Btw, the ex-show prices have increased by 24-25K in the last 6 months.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgiitk (Post 2200590)
I have a V AT and I just picked and added the Side Step Garnish.

The OE ones? Illuminated? How much do they cost?

Somehow I feel that the Civic looked it's best in it's original Avtar here in India. I just hated the upgrades. The original version is still one of the most beautiful cars on Indian roads.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shuvc (Post 2200605)
So the difference between the V & the S is what? Parking sensors & Leather?

I think Parking Sensors are standard with BS4. I saved about 14k since now they came with the car as standard. Would have been 24k or so earlier. So absorbed the 10k price hike.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shuvc (Post 2200605)
The OE ones? Illuminated? How much do they cost?

OE ones, illuminated. I got them in the deal with the car though they arrived about 10 days later. Cost (I think) was about 10k.

I would have definitely gone in for the urban titanium colour had it been available at the time of purchase instead of polished metal. By the way, I got the blue ambient lights as part of the deal without paying anything extra, while buying the car.

I managed to get aftermarket side step garnish (all 4 with illumination) at less than half the price of the OE ones(only the front ones illuminated) but sadly the illumination works only on one of the four now.:mad: Will have to go in for the OE ones soon.

@sidindica: What is additional cost for the sun roof ?

Any idea if we can we add this to the old civic (2007-08)? Especially the ambient lighting and the sun roof?

I like the idea of adding a sunroof to my car (07 Civic) but i wonder what the finish on the inside will be like? Once fitted, will it have factory finish buttons which will gel with the interior or will it have those aftermarket (common for all cars) switches/buttons. My friend got a sunroof fitted in his accord and the interior switches just dont gel with his standard interior and it clearly looks like an aftermarket fitment.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nik_kapur (Post 2200863)
I like the idea of adding a sunroof to my car (07 Civic) but i wonder what the finish on the inside will be like? Once fitted, will it have factory finish buttons which will gel with the interior or will it have those aftermarket (common for all cars) switches/buttons. My friend got a sunroof fitted in his accord and the interior switches just dont gel with his standard interior and it clearly looks like an aftermarket fitment.

Finish is surely an issue. IF Honda is doing it, we could probably expect some consistency with the interiors and the buttons. I have seen an after market job on a Civic and it is a mess. I wouldn't trust anybody cutting open my car unless it is going to be a pro job by Honda.

Are the elegance/inspire packages dealer-fitted or factory-fitted?

new urban titanium colour on Civic , I am sure will be great.

Have seen it on ANHC and feel its will be immpecable on Civic , given the body style and size.

How diff is this new alloy from the recent new alloy on Civic VMT( could be a bit polished than that bland look?)

Other upgardes as listed are just not impressive, Honda should have thought of a better key(foldabale key with remote boot release), Rear A/C vents, Updates to the audio system, lastly some tweak to enhance suspension to keey the under belly happy!

As Akshay mentiond the updates from Honda should be ones that after market cannot match up.

With more frugal competetion coming in 2011(Kizashi, Jetta et al), Honda should indeed pull up its socks and get some serious updates as the next gen Civic is far in 2012, else the dent will only get deep for civic.