Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2011, 11:23   #76
Team-BHP Support

Re: Facelift Corolla Altis Spied in Bangalore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Their answer is the 1.8 litre 2ZR-FE engine. This has dual VVTi i.e. for both intake and exhaust. This gives out 140PS. Nowhere near the TSi but reading the malaysian reviews these are pretty good.

Ofcourse looks like Toyota will not bring this here. They are happy with the ancient 1ZZ-FE.
Yes, and even in this region (SE Asia), the bulk of the sales is generated by the 1.6L motor. Mainly because Toyota customers here are those who look for mere commuter cars, and if they're in the market for performance, they look elsewhere.

And as Vid said, I don't think they'll bring anything which is new to India.
Old 19th April 2011, 16:24   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naparajito View Post
My sources from the toyota factory have confirmed that the production has already begun and i'll be launched by may 1st week. The new features are-
1)Start stop button for ignition.
2)Smart key for entry.
Prices for diesel top end is 15 lakhs on road. The diesel might have auto box too..
Phew! Wrote an email to the dealer asking him to transfer the booking amount for a new version. He somehow seems to have information that the auto ignition and smart key features are for the petrol version - he isn't sure if they are for the diesel version as well. Nevertheless, I have told him that I am interested in the new version ONLY
Old 19th April 2011, 18:52   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Looks like a generation gap between TSI and rest. How come Honda is silent and not coming with something ground breaking?

PS: I guess not the right thread to ask
Though OT, it seems nobody miss TSI in the Laura. Its more like Audi engine put in Laura as far as Indian scenario is concerned, few owners who enjoy it are the really lucky ones who are aware of its existence.

Though its a ground-breaking engine, it hardly sells and the majority of Laura sales are diesels. Other than enthusiasts, nobody is even aware of this generation gap. When Corolla is the segment leader, Toyota sees no value in bringing it up-to-date. Its the Corolla pie the other manufacturers in its segment crave for. However, looking at the extensive testing done by Toyota, I am curious to know what is going to be dished out.
Old 19th April 2011, 20:19   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

Maybe a 2.0l diesel that's already offered in other markets.

Last edited by .anshuman : 24th April 2011 at 14:33. Reason: Quoted post was deleted, removed reference. Thanks
Old 19th April 2011, 22:56   #80
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Maybe a 2.0l diesel that's already offered in other markets.
I read in the same thread that a dealer (to whom a member visited) mentioned, the changes to be cosmetic.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2011, 06:26   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I read in the same thread that a dealer (to whom a member visited) mentioned, the changes to be cosmetic.
Till date my opinion on dealers is that they are least interested in customer satisfaction and all they can think of is pushing for the sale - the sales personnel are more often than not the most ill informed (or perhaps they just know everything and suppress info deliberately so that the sale goes through!)
Old 20th April 2011, 20:50   #82
BHPian

I have learned that dealer meeting is scheduled in a couple of days during which they will be given relevant information about the facelifts.
Old 22nd April 2011, 16:57   #83
BHPian

According to ACI, it will come with 7 speed CVT auto box.
7-speed auto

It does not say clearly, if the diesel will also get this auto box.
Old 22nd April 2011, 22:00   #84
BHPian

Launch might be postponed. TKM facing the heat of Tsunami-earthquake effect in Japan.
Old 22nd April 2011, 22:55   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

Toyota Cuts Production In India

TKML production expected to be cut by 70% beginning 25th Apr till 4th June '11. This is due to shortage of components that are made in Japan.

The move is expected to result in an additional month added to the waiting period.

Toyota to trim output in India by 70% due to parts shortage - The Economic Times

Regards,

Last edited by R2D2 : 22nd April 2011 at 23:01.
Old 23rd April 2011, 16:01   #86
BHPian

Unfortunately diesel version has only these noteworthy changes:
- touch screen music system with USB
- perforated seat covers
- wider rear bumper
- change in lamps

Its the petrol version that has the push button ignition and 7 speed auto (as indicated in ACI). Moreover, it'll get mucchh delayed due to problems in Japan.

The above are from my sources. As for my dealer he mentions that there has been a strike at Toyota's B'lore factory and therefore there has been no despatch of vehicles that were planned for despatch on 22 Apr - can somebody confirm?
Old 24th April 2011, 10:30   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aghosht View Post
Unfortunately diesel version has only these noteworthy changes:
- touch screen music system with USB
- perforated seat covers
- wider rear bumper
- change in lamps

Its the petrol version that has the push button ignition and 7 speed auto (as indicated in ACI). Moreover, it'll get mucchh delayed due to problems in Japan.

The above are from my sources. As for my dealer he mentions that there has been a strike at Toyota's B'lore factory and therefore there has been no despatch of vehicles that were planned for despatch on 22 Apr - can somebody confirm?

Thanks aghosht. you are correct

Hey Everyone. Got the entire details of New Corolla Altis. Source close friend working for dealer. and this is confirmed

- New Petrol Engine --- Dual VVT - i 140 PS engine
- Automatic ---- 7 Speed Sequential with CVT
- Manual ---- 6 SPeed Transmission
- New DVD Touchscreen Audio with BT
- Push Start & Smart ENtry
- Electric Boot Release
- New Looks
- New Dark wood finish interiors
Old 24th April 2011, 11:47   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aghosht View Post

No strike in TKM. Just that from tomorrow onwards production will be only 3 days a week. It translates into TKM's total output being only 30% of what it can actually produce (both plants combined).This situation will continue till June 4th.
Wonder if other Japanese manufactures will follow.
Me-hul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2011, 12:28   #89
BHPian

This cut down on production will affect the Etios in a very bad way as Etios customers are already not very pleased with the waiting period that they are enduring. And the Fortuner owners too! I wonder why Toyota has chosen this critical time to come up with the new 7 speed auto transmission ?!
Old 24th April 2011, 12:45   #90
BHPian

This cut down on production is due to slow down in production in Japan.Hope they are testing all the components for radioactivity before exporting to India.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks