Team-BHP - 2007 Toyota Camry - When do you think it would be launched here?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   2007 Toyota Camry - When do you think it would be launched here? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/9490-2007-toyota-camry-when-do-you-think-would-launched-here.html)

Would the new Camry be launched prety much at the same time everywhere, or we can expect to wait for it?

Here is the pics of the new one...

2007 Camry

I think its looks very nice..the old one was a fat ugly looking thing, the one is still stylish and can take some portion of accord's market until the new one arrives in 2 years..

2007...err thats more than a year away....

Oh my god that is even horrible than current one

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1Day
the one is still stylish and can take some portion of accord's market until the new one arrives in 2 years..

for next 2 years other auto mobile makers won't be sitting idle

The new one looks so much more contemporary than the current tank that they have for a design today.

Wouldnt mind if they changed the looks of the Corolla as well - the MMC hasnt done much wonders to the exterior design.

You guys need to up to date in your knowledge of model year specification..2007 comes out in 2006..the new S class is a 2007 model and not 2006..

Anyhow..for the person who thinks the current one is any good..it is plainly the ugliest vehicle on earth and the current one has a lot of the stylish Lexus GS in it..which is a good thing..

the car does look nice. understated styling and a nice overhand at the rear.
but i still dont think it has what it takes to beat the accord...even the current gen accord beats it in terms of style.
besides they still need to do something abt the grill. and toyota should place their emblem on the grill instead of placing it above it.
the interior looks nice though.
and abt it coming to India at the time of world launch, well forget it. it will still take some 6-8 more months for it to come here.

Most of the cars seem to look the same.. This version looks a bit of the honday accord with a different grill.. Looks like we will have an American look, the european look and small variants thereoff... The japanese versions dont really come out in the rest of the world, and the koreans is a bit of cut and paste of american/european versions.. Time to see some revolutionary designs! I guess it all boils down to the same CAD software and windtunnel tests and not oriented towards design. I was surprised to see some really retro cars such as the PT cruiser come out and they became really popular. Its time that people spend time in real design..

Rangaraj you're right - every other car is looking like the previous one. Pretty soon most things in the world will look boringly monotonous thanks to computer aided design.........and we will soon have a premium for 'man made' designs, much like the premium attached to hand-made stuff today.

Oh for a car designed by a person!

Oh yuck, why is this car so bloated and......anonymous? There are no outstanding design cues at all, it is simply one of the most boring designs I have seen (with the exception of the new Accent).
I'd pick the present accord over this anytime. Even the embera.

Just read the latest AUTOCAR Magazine, and it says the NEW CAMARY will be launched world wide in around MARCH-2006, and in India also they will launch it the same time mostly. The body stylings have been copied off the BMW 5-7 Series.

The latest Autocar has a good lil review of it. read on!

yup me too got that from autocar right now....march 06 launch in india.
doesnt look that bad in comparison with the accord....may fetch some sales through that "toyota" holorgam up front.
lets wait and watch.

saw the pics of new toyota camry in ACI and found the car to be a serious competitor for the likes of honda accord,ford mondeo and skoda laura,and not to forget skoda superb and the baby merc.

I personally am against the old toyota designs..there is no car I liked that they produced from camry, corolla, any lexus or anything else..but now the new designs of toyota are something to pat them on the back for..

the new GS is awesome, the new IS is a good design as well..the new LS would be world class and might even compete with the 7 and S in terms of style..

I like the new camry as well, the only thing they need to do is lower the car a little..I think there are too many accords on the road here and this would be a good differentiator to the accord, the old one couldnt have been...The only gripe is toyota just dont know interiors like honda does..the new camry interiors is what I would have expected from a 1999 car and not a 2007 car..anyhow..hope they have a wooden option for the interiors, I would really like the wooden trim in this like the accord has soo tastefully done..Lets see..I would want to change the sonata for this if it lands up here in march or april..

I don't know why, but even though I am a big fan of the Prado and the Corolla has taught me to respect it for the car it is... The Camry has never appealed to me in any way (Looks, power or whatever). The new Camry is no different in my eyes than the old Camry... Great "Taxi" for Hotels.

The new camry s brilliant to look at, much better to look at than the old one. Looks more sleeker and less bulkier than the older model.