Team-BHP - GM to launch 6 new models in the next 2 years
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   GM to launch 6 new models in the next 2 years (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/95071-gm-launch-6-new-models-next-2-years.html)

6 New Model - 14 New Variant

General Motors India on Wednesday said it will launch six new cars in India in the next two years, while also stating that it will invest $100 million (about Rs 450 crore) to increase production capacity at its Halol plant in Gujarat.

GM to launch 6 new cars in 2 years, invest $100 mn at Halol plant - The Economic Times

I sincerely hope, GM brings the new Aveo aka Sonic hatch/ sedan soon. I was blown away by the looks of this car.
Sure, its gonna be a head turner, with Cruze inspired design cues.

Quote:

Originally Posted by e46 (Post 2207286)
I sincerely hope, GM brings the new Aveo aka Sonic hatch/ sedan soon. I was blown away by the looks of this car.
Sure, its gonna be a head turner, with Cruze inspired design cues.

Here you go.

Chevrolet Sonic unveiled; Is it heading to India?

It hints about plonking the 1.3MJD into the Aveo and launching it in India. clap:

But the dates?? :Frustrati

I hope they bring in some of their GMC SUV ranges to India.

I heard that that there is a 5 seater SUV planned for next year, which may be heading from GM China. This was a talk with a GM India person on the road. Hence I think this piece may be authentic.

I very much wanted the Cruze hatch, but surely would not come in to India.

Beat Diesel is another one. New Aveo is there for sure. I also hear that GM CRDI engines are in for an upgrade.

There are some conflicting news about the launch of the new Aveo / Sonic hatchback in India. It is not clear whether GM will launch the car. Instead GM may launch the Sail hatch along with the Sonic sedan.
Also, along with the six new launches, the company will be offering 14 new variants of the existing cars.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2500cc (Post 2207351)
I hope they bring in some of their GMC SUV ranges to India.

agree:
The SUVs of GM, both GMC and Chevrolet have SUVs that will do well in the indian market(on the factor of size and style)
Eventhough they are huge , with the v8 petrol engines ,they weigh as much as our Safari or Sumo Grande.
remove the V8s and plonk a torquey big diesel engine in them and price them well. Indian customers will outright snap them(not withstanding the size)
stupid:

When we will get Yukon, Suburban, Tahoe in India. i am sure these SUVs will be DADAGIRI SUVs. Indians love big SUVs.

Yeah, it would be great even if they could give us those machines with the Captiva engine. By this I think they can price it right.
Quote:

Originally Posted by DicKy (Post 2207995)
agree:
The SUVs of GM, both GMC and Chevrolet have SUVs that will do well in the indian market(on the factor of size and style)
Eventhough they are huge , with the v8 petrol engines ,they weigh as much as our Safari or Sumo Grande.
remove the V8s and plonk a torquey big diesel engine in them and price them well. Indian customers will outright snap them(not withstanding the size)
stupid:

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2500cc (Post 2208228)
Yeah, it would be great even if they could give us those machines with the Captiva engine. By this I think they can price it right.

I was thinking of an engine of minimum 3.0l.
The captiva/cruze engine, though powerful doesn't seem right in the GM trucks, also i believe it would be difficult to change the inherently transverse FWD engine to a longitudinal RWD/AWD setup.

I would love to see sedans like Malibu & Impala launched in India. Impala is already a well known name :)