Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2011, 22:05   #31
BHPian

Re: Skoda Laura TSi Classic launched at Rs.12.25Lakh

Can you give me the name of the dealer. I need a Laura TSI & the discount offered is only 50K

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishaltanksale View Post
Guys I am not sure if classis is really offering any great pricing compared with Ambient.

I was in touch with Skoda dealer in Mumbai last month and they offered me discount of 1L on the car and the offer is still there...its just that I have not made up my mind.

Here is pricing in Mumbai -
Ambient - Exshowroom (without Octroi) - ~12.9L
After discount it comes to 11.9L

Now Classic is advertised as 11.49 exshowroom (without octroi) in Mumbai.
So for the price dofference of 50K you loose a lot ...specially Alloys and rear AC vents.

Unless dealers are offering discounts on Classic as well, I don't see this as great deal at all.
Old 21st February 2011, 09:30   #32
Senior - BHPian

Saw an ad in BT today that the Skoda Laura Classic TSi is available for a limited period at just 10.99lakhs(ex-Mumbai)!!! It's a steal at this price!
Old 21st February 2011, 17:43   #33
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
Saw an ad in BT today that the Skoda Laura Classic TSi is available for a limited period at just 10.99lakhs(ex-Mumbai)!!! It's a steal at this price!
Has all the makings of an inventory clearance! Looks like the stripped down Laura didn't find too many homes.

I never thought I'd say this about a Skoda, but I also think that the Classic is an absolute steal for 10.99 lakhs (if it is indeed ex-Mumbai with octroi paid). Am not one to care about bells & whistles. I'd rather buy a cheap stripped down Laura and used the saved $$$ toward my own stereo, alloy wheels and performance rubber.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2011, 19:17   #34
BHPian

If I remember correctly then the ad I saw had a price of 11.99 lakhs. I could be wrong though. 10.99 would be too good.

Last edited by Cesc : 21st February 2011 at 19:18.
Old 21st February 2011, 20:03   #35
Senior - BHPian

Even 11.99 looks brilliant for a 1.8 TSI Laura. Now only if it was not a Skoda
Old 21st February 2011, 21:38   #36
BHPian

spoke to autobahn today they said 10.99 is ex thane and ex mumbai is 12. something. i think the ambiente tsi is a better deal the classic.
Old 2nd March 2011, 00:24   #37
Senior - BHPian

If one desires a well-built, fast car that also has ride / handling / steering to match its power and is still a compact sedan (compact in the International sense, not in the Indigo CS sense), then the Laura ticks all boxes.

By introducing the Classic, the Laura actually extends its appeal to a lot of Vento / Linea T-Jet / ANHC aspirants. I personally know one or two.

And BTW, the Octavia "Rider" sold quite well (though not so much the 1.8 TPi as the 1.9 TDi). If I was in the market for a 10-11 lakh driver's car, then I would definitely give the Laura Classic a look.
Old 2nd March 2011, 00:39   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
If one desires a well-built, fast car that also has ride / handling / steering to match its power and is still a compact sedan (compact in the International sense, not in the Indigo CS sense), then the Laura ticks all boxes.

By introducing the Classic, the Laura actually extends its appeal to a lot of Vento / Linea T-Jet / ANHC aspirants. I personally know one or two.

And BTW, the Octavia "Rider" sold quite well (though not so much the 1.8 TPi as the 1.9 TDi). If I was in the market for a 10-11 lakh driver's car, then I would definitely give the Laura Classic a look.
Spot on.
It's a fantastic engine, gearbox, steering... and nothing else matters.
Old 9th May 2011, 17:33   #39
BHPian

Update for those looking for the Laura TSI Ambiente petroll. In the 2011 version they have removed the fog lamps from the Ambiente version too.

This has been a quite change and not visible anywhere in brochures or highlighted by the sales staff.

They do not have the Ambiente model in display at the showrooms in Bangalore. They have only the classic model on display that has some features missing as we all know. So one generally tends to assume that the Ambiente model will have fog lamps, if they have seen the 2010 versions before.

I was told that the fog lamps will cost 10K more. The entire wiring harness has to be changed to accommodate the fog lamps and that will cost extra apart from the 10K
Old 9th May 2011, 19:26   #40
BHPian

After the Harishv's nightmare with Skoda Management and Dealers - I wouldn't touch Skoda with a bargepole.

They even threatened Team-BHP. They might be making good cars - but they are an awful, awful service provider and I can't think of buying a car from someone who treats their customers like crap.

But that's just me.
Old 9th May 2011, 22:55   #41
Senior - BHPian

Atleast this will get some people looking at ANHC/T-jet/Vento etc to the Skoda showroom, given the lowered price difference. From the Showroom, some careful pitching can actually get people to stretch for the Ambiente. I guess, this will also help get some numbers for Ambiente as well.
Old 10th May 2011, 03:19   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maibaa View Post
Update for those looking for the Laura TSI Ambiente petroll. In the 2011 version they have removed the fog lamps from the Ambiente version too.

This has been a quite change and not visible anywhere in brochures or highlighted by the sales staff.

They do not have the Ambiente model in display at the showrooms in Bangalore. They have only the classic model on display that has some features missing as we all know. So one generally tends to assume that the Ambiente model will have fog lamps, if they have seen the 2010 versions before.

I was told that the fog lamps will cost 10K more. The entire wiring harness has to be changed to accommodate the fog lamps and that will cost extra apart from the 10K
The OTR price for the ambient is 14.8L in mumbai, almost the same price when it was launched in june-july 09, i wonder why they are stripping the features from the ambient, is it because of the VCDS thread where its almost possible to spec an ambient to a L&k, I got a feeling skoda are watching the vcds thread overhere

cheers..

Last edited by Berj79 : 10th May 2011 at 03:20.
Old 10th May 2011, 04:19   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

@Berj: Maybe they are stripping some features to keep the price level. With raw materials becoming more expensive, this is one way to keep the price constant.
Old 10th May 2011, 07:56   #44
BHPian

There should be no difference in features between the ambiente diesel and petrol.
Old 10th May 2011, 08:37   #45
BHPian

Why Skoda? Why would you do something like this?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks