Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2011, 18:06   #91
BHPian

Re: Skoda Laura TSi Classic launched at Rs.12.25Lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
If TAFE has stock of Ambiente with the Fogs go for it! Don't take Vinayak's word that Fogs have been discontinued. They did a lot of lying to me about the same. All dealers seem to have some stock of non fog lamped version of Ambiente and are keen to sell it off. I can't believe they are dishing out the "Fog lamps discontinued again" story. Just tell Vinayak, "I am buying the car from TAFE, since they are offering me Fogs". They will tell you Skoda has restarted fogs once again and will offer you a car with fogs.

Don't take Skoda's word also. They are hand in glove with the dealer since they want to help their dealers to sell off this batch.
Santosh, this is precisely what I did about 10 minutes ago. Made it clear that I was prepared to cancel my booking and let them deduct a grand, if they are unable to provide me a car with fog lamps....

And while I was typing this, I just got a call from them saying that they have allotted the "non-fog" April manufactured unit to someone else and that I will be provided a car manufactured in July and with fog lamps ! Fingers crossed.
Old 19th July 2011, 09:34   #92
BHPian

Finally, the Skoda website has been updated. All the features are posted variant wise. Whew!
Skoda Laura
driveanddrive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th July 2011, 20:24   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

Skoda Laura price cut, Skoda Laura discounts and comparison with Honda Civic | DWS Auto India

"So it’s Civic that Laura has in its sights.

Besides, we have heard—from a dwsAuto member —that there is 1.25 lakh discount on Laura 1.8 Ambiente which costs Rs 13.5 lakh. If true, then even the Ambiente will cost less than Civic. And the Ambiente is one seriously loaded car with tons of features and the same powerful engine mated to a lovely six-speed manual gearbox.

It would be interesting to see how long Honda holds on to Civic’s pricing—it has slashed prices for the Jazz and City recently."

Let's see what Honda has to offer to Civic's pricing!

Cheers!
Old 24th July 2011, 21:49   #94
Senior - BHPian

finally the laura feature matrix is back up in the website. So, are there any new reductions for Ambiente and Classic ? Rain sensing wipers and autodimming mirrrors were already mentioned by bhpians ealier.

BTW, the 1.8TSI classis is advt @ 10.99l ex-showroom ? What is the current price for 1.8TSI Ambiente ex-showroom ?
Old 24th July 2011, 22:22   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_rit View Post
finally the laura feature matrix is back up in the website. So, are there any new reductions for Ambiente and Classic ? Rain sensing wipers and autodimming mirrrors were already mentioned by bhpians ealier.

BTW, the 1.8TSI classis is advt @ 10.99l ex-showroom ? What is the current price for 1.8TSI Ambiente ex-showroom ?
The ex-shoroom price in the adverts has been basically adjusted by Skoda marketing for the steep discounts they are giving. The actual ex-showroom price is much high.

ex-showroom classic 12,61,576
ex-showroom ambinete 13,66,969

With current offers on-road price of classic is 13,80,000 in Bengaluru including Skoda Shield (4 year warranty) and Zero Depreciation cover. The Ambinete is a lakh more, don't have the actual numbers. With more bargaining better deals should be available.

Last edited by bharatbs : 24th July 2011 at 22:27.
bharatbs is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2011, 11:02   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbs View Post
The ex-shoroom price in the adverts has been basically adjusted by Skoda marketing for the steep discounts they are giving. The actual ex-showroom price is much high.

ex-showroom classic 12,61,576
ex-showroom ambinete 13,66,969

With current offers on-road price of classic is 13,80,000 in Bengaluru including Skoda Shield (4 year warranty) and Zero Depreciation cover. The Ambinete is a lakh more, don't have the actual numbers. With more bargaining better deals should be available.
My final quote for the Ambiente is 15.3 (OTR, Bangalore, without the zero depreciation cover, but satin grade Stanley leather seats thrown in).

Last edited by skjlives : 26th July 2011 at 11:04.
Old 26th July 2011, 16:21   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skjlives View Post
My final quote for the Ambiente is 15.3 (OTR, Bangalore, without the zero depreciation cover, but satin grade Stanley leather seats thrown in).
Look forward to welcoming you to the TSI club.
How much discount will that be in cash (excluding freebies, which I assume are only leather seats)?

Last edited by bloodred : 26th July 2011 at 16:30. Reason: Wanted to add a line.
bloodred is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2011, 17:12   #98
BHPian

Probably makes sense buying it from Pondy... just 25K road tax instead of 2L here in BLR

I'm seeing a PY licensed 5 series in my office, the guy would have easily saved 8L in RT
Old 26th July 2011, 17:35   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodred View Post
Look forward to welcoming you to the TSI club.
How much discount will that be in cash (excluding freebies, which I assume are only leather seats)?

That works out to about 1.5 L cash savings, give or take. Freebies other than Stanley seats include mats, mudflaps, (what they call) teflon coating and sun film (do not know the brand). Will take a call on what to take and refuse after I get the details from Vinayak.

Totally looking forward to the new ride - Tonight is for deliberations on color selection between Silver and Black and wifey has a big say for obvious reasons. I think at some level, the process of zeroing in on a car and specs/trims/details/color/price is more interesting than the buy itself
skjlives is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2011, 15:31   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
If TAFE has stock of Ambiente with the Fogs go for it! Don't take Vinayak's word that Fogs have been discontinued. They did a lot of lying to me about the same. All dealers seem to have some stock of non fog lamped version of Ambiente and are keen to sell it off. I can't believe they are dishing out the "Fog lamps discontinued again" story. Just tell Vinayak, "I am buying the car from TAFE, since they are offering me Fogs". They will tell you Skoda has restarted fogs once again and will offer you a car with fogs.

Don't take Skoda's word also. They are hand in glove with the dealer since they want to help their dealers to sell off this batch.
Crossing fingers didn't help. Vinayak's SR after promising that they had identified a "with fog lamps" TSI Ambiente for me, today informed that they can't find any models with fog lamps in their stockyards and that they have no control over what batch comes with fog lamps and what ones without. And this time, they are prepared to refund my booking amount saying I can go check with Tafe if they can get me one with fog lamps!

This has put me off completely and I spent half hour AGAIN browsing through my choices as an alternative to Laura TSI. There are none!

Wondering if this issue is worth so much bandwidth and whether I should hang in there and wait for a batch of "fully equipped" Lauras to come through or just throw in the towel and get whatever I am being offered
Old 2nd August 2011, 16:02   #101
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Wondering if this issue is worth so much bandwidth and whether I should hang in there and wait for a batch of "fully equipped" Lauras to come through or just throw in the towel and get whatever I am being offered
Can I give you my opinion? Forget the fogs, they don't give much light anyway. The tsi is a great machine. Go ahead and get it. Work out an even bigger discount if you can. And then just upgrade the headlamps to xenons, since the car comes with projectors the output will be great. And also you could then switch to the RS bumper when that is launched with LED DRLs built in.
Old 2nd August 2011, 16:12   #102
e46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWind View Post
Probably makes sense buying it from Pondy... just 25K road tax instead of 2L here in BLR

I'm seeing a PY licensed 5 series in my office, the guy would have easily saved 8L in RT
agreed, the ever increasing no of premium cars (Porsche, q7, bmw s) having PY reg. says that. however, can you roam around B'lore with peace in m ind with a PY reged car?? wont the cops stop/ harass/bother you?
Old 2nd August 2011, 17:07   #103
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
This has put me off completely and I spent half hour AGAIN browsing through my choices as an alternative to Laura TSI. There are none!

They are launching RS with the same engine -it should have fogs too .
Old 2nd August 2011, 17:12   #104
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Crossing fingers didn't help. Vinayak's SR after promising that they had identified a "with fog lamps" TSI Ambiente for me, today informed that they can't find any models with fog lamps in their stockyards and that they have no control over what batch comes with fog lamps and what ones without. And this time, they are prepared to refund my booking amount saying I can go check with Tafe if they can get me one with fog lamps!

Unbelievable! Can't believe the customer is being put through all this. Why Skoda Why? I cannot comprehend why the issue has not yet been sorted out at the plant. If still the dealer is uncertain whether he will receive the car with or without fogs, it is a real shame. Not helping your image Skoda, not at all.

In my case, after I raised the issue of missing fogs, the dealer was able to tell me that the next car they were to receive was with fogs since it was already allotted to them and about to be dispatched. I was just lucky I guess. What is Tafe's take on this? As I understand each dealer is allotted a set of cars , based on their projection for the month. THey would know if any TSIs with fogs are on the way. Given that TSIs are slow movers, you may be able to get one with fogs.

I know it is a hard pill to swallow esp after paying so much. Even top end Nanos have fog lamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Can I give you my opinion? Forget the fogs, they don't give much light anyway. The tsi is a great machine. Go ahead and get it. Work out an even bigger discount if you can. And then just upgrade the headlamps to xenons, since the car comes with projectors the output will be great. And also you could then switch to the RS bumper when that is launched with LED DRLs built in.
I seriously doubt if one could switch to the RS bumper , since they are unable to retrofit the standard fog lamps itself. Apparently the entire wiring harness is missing on these non fog lamped versions . One dealer even quoted Rs. 6.00 Lakhs for retrofitting the fogs to one BHPian.

@ skjlives, you could wait for the RS which is due this month. But it will be pricier and will come with a stiffer suspension set up, low pro tires etc...which you may not want. As Akshay1234 said, you could upgrade to xenons and just forget about the Fog lamps.
Old 2nd August 2011, 17:12   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
I agree with you, fog lamps are over-rated in terms of their usability. Only problem is, I hate to see the plastic black slat on the front bumper which is devoid of fog lamps, it's a shame for a mid-size sedan and smacks of equipment-stinting. Additionally, from what I understand, the wire harness of the non fog lamp Laura does not have provision to even get aftermarket fogs without voiding the company warranty. I have personally checked this with both Vinayak and Tafe. They will not undertake to do this modification either.

Anyway, more conversations have led me to believe that I may be able to get my fog lamped car if I can either wait for a month or so, or settle for a black car instead of my first choice i.e. silver.

Guys, dealing with Skoda is a saga in itself and I am proud of myself for bravely walking into this with full knowledge of how harassing it could potentially be!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks