Team-BHP - Skoda Laura TSi Classic launched at Rs.12.25Lakh
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Skoda Laura TSi Classic launched at Rs.12.25Lakh (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/95167-skoda-laura-tsi-classic-launched-rs-12-25lakh.html)

The Hindu today carried an ad from TAFE... Skoda has released a Classic version of the Laura 1.8 TSi at 12.25 lakhs ex-showroom

Any body has more info?

Note from Moderator: Posts moved to a separate thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AirWind (Post 2206539)
The Hindu today carried an ad from TAFE... Skoda has released a Classic version of the Laura 1.8 TSi at 12.25 lakhs ex-showroom

Any body has more info?

I checked with Vinayak Motors - it is a stripped down version of the 1.8 Tsi with no alloys, armrest, basic ICE, no reverse sensors and a bunch of cosmetic deletions. Priced at 15L on road in Bangalore.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AirWind (Post 2206539)

Any body has more info?

Yup, just had a talk with JMD in Mumbai. The Classic is basically Skoda's version of the Corporate Edition Concept started by BMW. It is heavily stripped of many features (some even basic) from the Ambiente version.
No integrated audio/cd changer, no alloys, no rear A/C vents, no fog lamps etc. Cant even remember all the features they have gotten rid of in the Classic. It does become VFM but the buyer should expect a severely stripped down car. Over all the Ambiente makes more sense IMO as the TSi even with the Ambiente trim is going at discounts.

They used to call this version as "Rider" before; but now why call it Classic, what is so classic about it???:Shockked:

I remember the Octavia 1.9 TDi days, they souped up the "Rider" with a "Classic" tag and gave alloys, ABS, spoiler, dual tone dashboard, mid night black shell, etc.,

Thought this might be something similar, but heavily dissapointed!:Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo (Post 2207803)
Yup, just had a talk with JMD in Mumbai. The Classic is basically Skoda's version of the Corporate Edition Concept started by BMW. It is heavily stripped of many features (some even basic) from the Ambiente version.
No integrated audio/cd changer, no alloys, no rear A/C vents, no fog lamps etc. Cant even remember all the features they have gotten rid of in the Classic. It does become VFM but the buyer should expect a severely stripped down car. Over all the Ambiente makes more sense IMO as the TSi even with the Ambiente trim is going at discounts.

Intresting to know about Laura TSI, its costing around 15-16L in Hyd OTR , I am sure of possible discounts/deals on offer.

Now this make me to look at Laura( along with Vento Diesel, Civic and Cruze-Intresting mix of Petrols and Diesels across 2 segments;-)) after hearing about good support from Mahavir motirs in Hyd.

It's about the same price I paid for Ambiente TSI after discounts in November, it appears like they have removed the discounts and brought down the stripped down version for its price.

IMO, the Ambiente TSI at 12.5L was terrific VFM, Classic at that price doesn't pack much other than the terrific engine.

I'd have expected Skoda to launch a higher-spec version of the Laura 1.8TSi with leather,DSG(7 speed on the laura, wow!!) .But instead they are following the latest trend in the Indian auto industry of Corp Editions.
CE's work for high end cars, I highly doubt it will work for the Laura, especially the 1.8TSi which was already falling short of features in the Ambiente version.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sahil (Post 2208052)
I'd have expected Skoda to launch a higher-spec version of the Laura 1.8TSi with leather,DSG(7 speed on the laura, wow!!) .But instead they are following the latest trend in the Indian auto industry of Corp Editions.
CE's work for high end cars, I highly doubt it will work for the Laura, especially the 1.8TSi which was already falling short of features in the Ambiente version.

The higher version is coming too, in the form of the Vrs. Unless they surprise us and launch the 2.0t. I expect the Vrs to have leather and all the goodies of the Laura L&K besides maybe the DSG.

This reminds me of the base petrol version of the Octavia, which had the engine from the RS. Hoped that they would launch at least the Elegance version with power folding mirrors and that DSG box like in the Superb. There was a talk of an RS version, what has come of it? Or is this a clearance sale of the petrol Laura?

Wow...This is lovely news.
The 160BHP variable valve, direct injection turbo charged petrol engine with no frills.
Who buys petrol laura for it's the music system and alloys anyway :-)

Way to go Skoda...I am worried about the prospects of T-jet Linea now. T-jest has been enjoying comparison with City/Vento, etc which was meaningless.

Now we are talking.

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay1234 (Post 2208070)
expect the Vrs to have leather and all the goodies of the Laura L&K besides maybe the DSG.

On the contrary, if the Vrs is launched, it ideally should have the 7-speed DSG. That would make it a complete and delicious package. Afterall, even the best of drivers with a manual box would find it extremely tough to match the DSG shift ratios

Quote:

Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo (Post 2208236)
On the contrary, if the Vrs is launched, it ideally should have the 7-speed DSG. That would make it a complete and delicious package. Afterall, even the best of drivers with a manual box would find it extremely tough to match the DSG shift ratios

Personally I would love the 7 speed DSG on the Vrs. Now if only Skoda thinks like us and gets that, it would be the perfect car. Not too large, sporty, and quick.

The Classic version is a full one lac cheaper than the Ambiente. Lower spec audio, steel wheels and lack of front armrest seems to be the major deletions. Appears to be a pretty good deal, as vital features like ABS, EBD, airbags, electric mirrors, etc. are all there. Pricing now on par with Corolla and Civic, but the latter have more features. Resale values of Skoda petrol cars are ridiculously low, and their A/S/S is an issue.

For people who are contemplating between Classic and Ambiente trims on the TSi - here is what you get extra in the latter, for about a lakh more.

Comfort
Height adjustment for driver and front passenger seats
Lumbar support adjustment for driver and front passenger seats
Front centre armrest, adjustable for length and height
Škoda Swing audio player
Auxiliary audio input for portable media players
Adjustable rear air conditioning vents on rear centre console
Leather wrapped steering wheel
Leather wrapped gearshift knob
Leather wrapped brake lever
Interior
Central infotainment system
Storage compartment under the front passenger seat
Jumbo box – storage compartment under front centre armrest, with cooling
Eyewear compartment
Safety
Front fog lights
Parktronic sensors at rear
Parktronic speaker at rear
Parktronic display on central infotainment system

Ok, so the front armrest is gone, not the rear one.
That's even better.

The powerplant is what matters. I feel like buying the Tsi once again.
This time a black one with no frills...clap:.