Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2007, 20:41   #196
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
According to me SX4 can't beat NHC, If it beats also it will be temporary situation for couple of months untill all intial bookings are cleared.

Customers buying SX4 and NHC are from different class.

May be SX4 is for Safety, Driver oriented young generation people and NHC for Honda grade, Luxury comfort, space, refinement
Interestingly,

SX4 has left the NHC miles behind in sales number in May. ACI reports 3734 units for the SX4 while the City had a much lower 2838 units.

the difference in sales nearing almost 1000 units.

Another suprise comes in that, SX4 sales are higher than those of the Zen estilo, with Estilo doing 3685 units.

Anyways, 7 Maruti Suzuki cars in the top-ten!
Old 27th June 2007, 20:47   #197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
According to me SX4 can't beat NHC, If it beats also it will be temporary situation for couple of months untill all intial bookings are cleared.

I also feel the same!
Once the initial hype of SX4 dies down, NHC will beat SX4 and regain its top position!
Old 27th June 2007, 21:59   #198
Senior - BHPian

More than 25000 Zen Estilo sold within just couple of months of its launch, but suddenly I saw 15,000 cash discount and 10,000 rs exchange offer started. when checked sale figure it had come down to 6000 cars per month and now it has reached 3000+ units. ok thats the reason for heavy discounts.

WagonR except for looks is much better package (may be because lpg option) comapred with ZEN Estilo.

This reminds me MUL top official saying me in mid 2006 they are introducing good looking and with fresh interiors ZEN very soon. When I told him is this replacement to WagonR or new car totally because he also agreed WagonR is not good looking but it has space/FE/comfort comapred with Santro and told me ZEN and WagonR both form category.

New ZEN will attract young guns who look for smart and biege interiors and ladies as well and while people who want tried and tested and fine tuned car will buy WagonR. Also If somenone walking out from MUL showroom because WagonR is not looking smart from outside can pick up New ZEN.

I really liked Marketing strategy of MUL here very clever thinking!

If one can't build luxury/quality produts make them feel it with great economy while buying and backed with great features.

This is my personal opinion guys after studying the marketing strategy

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 27th June 2007, 22:05   #199
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

7 cars out of 10 in the top sales from Maruti. This inspite of delays for the SX4 & swift. Will we see the GV too soon added to that list?
Old 27th June 2007, 23:34   #200
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
7 cars out of 10 in the top sales from Maruti. This inspite of delays for the SX4 & swift. Will we see the GV too soon added to that list?
Imagine the stituaion if Swift DDiS didnt have that waiting period (which is 7 months in some cities)
Old 28th June 2007, 01:33   #201
BHPian

Leader ship position once lost is difficult to regain ,though not impossible but not easy either ,thats the case for honda city they need to load up and make the car good looking to fitgh back maruti ,only honda badge will not alone do the trick this time
Old 28th June 2007, 15:38   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon View Post
If the "sales figures" includes display and demo vehicles, does this mean that these vehicles are sold to the dealers too? I was under the impression that the manufacturer provides these vehicles to the dealer free of cost and the dealer has to pay for registering it.
A dealer told me this, MUL doesn't give them free of cost, they have to purchase it.
Old 28th June 2007, 16:14   #203
Senior - BHPian

I guess thats the case with every dealer because I heard from many employees from showroom dealer will sell test drive, display cars after few months like 6 months to 2 years.

In Jan. 2006 I saw Red Swift in RNS for test drive vehicle which had clocked 30k in odo and it was 2005 may registered. They said it met with
so many accidents during test drive but they had maintained it quiet good.
I joked how much for that car If I wanna buy it he smiled and told me it will still go on for next 6 months.

So may be dealer use such cars for around 1 year after buying from car manufacturer.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 28th June 2007, 16:36   #204
Team-BHP Support

I have seen cases where the dealer keeps changing the cars they keep for test drives. Pratam which is the dealer for Maruti on ORR (Bangalore) had an orange Swift ZXi when the car was launced. Soon, it was replaced by a green one, i suppose. What they do with these, i dont know.
Old 28th June 2007, 16:39   #205
BANNED

Depending on dealer all cars bought by them for demo purposes after 1yr or 2yrs are serviced accordingly and passed onto the True Value Dept for sale. All service records for such vehicles will be made duly available at the time of purchase from the TVD. This holds true for all Maruti Dealers. Cant say the same about the others.
Old 28th June 2007, 18:49   #206
Senior - BHPian

The better car (as a package and as perceived by the market) would beat the competition. There is no class or other magic to it, Honda or otherwise. And I guess that is the way it should be.
Old 28th June 2007, 19:08   #207
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Depending on dealer all cars bought by them for demo purposes after 1yr or 2yrs are serviced accordingly and passed onto the True Value Dept for sale. All service records for such vehicles will be made duly available at the time of purchase from the TVD. This holds true for all Maruti Dealers. Cant say the same about the others.
Sure this holds for all Maruti dealers across the country?
Old 2nd July 2007, 10:24   #208
BHPian

Quote:

May be SX4 is for Safety, Driver oriented young generation people and NHC for Honda grade, Luxury comfort, space, refinement

Regards,

Ravi.
Ravi bhai,
Most of the buyers of NHC belong to the age group of 30s. Now if they are not young, I dont know who is....

Secondly, Maruti will target the EXi/GXi trims as these are the ones selling more..If they can do that I am sure the city will be choked...

Thirdly, Maruti has more than an ace up it sleeve...The SX4 Diesel, discounts/exchange offers, dealerships in smaller cities etc are somethings the Honda cannot match and are not used to....

So I don't think it will be easy for the City to stay upfloat....Lets wait in for a couple of months before drawing any conclusion...
Old 2nd July 2007, 10:48   #209
BHPian

According to Car&Bike show in NDTV, Logan sold more than Fiesta and Verna during May 07. Does anybody have the consolidates sales figures for May?
Old 2nd July 2007, 10:51   #210
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Sure this holds for all Maruti dealers across the country?
I am told so. Though this stipulated period may vary from city to city.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks