Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2007, 23:36   #406
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
They dont have dealers and manpower. TATA takes care of that side now.

IMO, the brand FIAT needs a fresh start. Grande Punto can do that, coupled with TATA service. But customers have to learn to distance it from other FIAT cars of the past!
Palio could have done that if they had made a more organised and effective effort.
1.1 Stile has to be the most idiotic engine option in the current market .
I am a harcore Fiat fan but after driving Stile 1.1 i really wished they hadnt relaunched Palio coz now it will be precieved by the mass as a megha flop product or what's even worse is Fiat will be seen as a manufacturer that has continuously failed to understand the Indian mass or cater to Indian consumer demands . Such a reputation will kill a company forever.

They had such great products but they have continuously failed .
1.Sienna TD60 - not a great product but still didnt deserve such a bad run.
2.Palio 1.9D (wrong engine option at the time CRDi's were the order of the day)
3.Adventure Sport (can never sell in huge numbers due to its FE and lack of diesel option)
4.Palio Stile -1.6 not as good as GTX
1.1 - !@#$%$%
What happened to the diesel option ?
Since Palio is a heavy car , its never going to top on FE which is a major deciding factor for the class its competing in.

I wish they go back to Italy , Do a complete research ......study wudy for 3 years and then come back with a brilliant plan . looking at the way they have been performing for last few years nothing consistent has been happening thats positive.

Last edited by maxbhp : 19th September 2007 at 23:48.
Old 22nd September 2007, 12:40   #407
Senior - BHPian

guys just needed to confirm ,are chevrolet foresters and hyundai terracans stopped being sold in the country??
Old 22nd September 2007, 12:49   #408
Senior - BHPian

Yes, they've been stopped.
Old 22nd September 2007, 14:31   #409
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbhp View Post
Palio could have done that if they had made a more organised and effective effort. I am a harcore Fiat fan but after driving Stile 1.1 i really wished they hadnt relaunched Palio coz now it will be precieved by the mass as a megha flop product or what's even worse is Fiat will be seen as a manufacturer that has continuously failed to understand the Indian mass or cater to Indian consumer demands . Such a reputation will kill a company forever.

They had such great products but they have continuously failed .
Contrary to popular belief, the Palio didnt flop on debut. It probably got more bookings that the Swift managed. If I remember correctly, it was over a lac.

Ditto with the Uno...if my memory serves me right (again), they had over 2 lac bookings at launch.

Its the company that has faultered on their promises. And there are only so many chances you get in a competitive market. Do I ever see Fiat as a mass market seller in India? Nope.

Quote:
I wish they go back to Italy , Do a complete research ......study wudy for 3 years and then come back with a brilliant plan .
Thats exactly the problem. They better do their research and planning in India this time around. Or get an Indian company head. Imagine what a BVR Subbu could do to Fiat!
Old 22nd September 2007, 15:22   #410
BHPian

lately Verna and aveoo are seen more on road as compare to 3 months before, i guess sx4 and city have competition from this 2 too they cannot be written off.
Old 22nd September 2007, 16:04   #411
BANNED

Nowadays, I'm seeing more Verna Diesels than Fiesta Diesels !
Old 22nd September 2007, 23:39   #412
Distinguished - BHPian

@mithun - That's a surprise because the Fiesta+Ikon combined sales have been constantly more than the accent+verna combined sales.

About Fiat, guess they need to study the indian market and offer a diesel engine (not just any diesel engine but their 1.3lt MJD engine, instead of giving it to others like Suzuki) with the Palio, along witrh the 1.1 and 1.6, and concentrate on improving their A.S.S and making their cars reliable.
Old 25th September 2007, 20:31   #413
Distinguished - BHPian

Here's a question.
What about mitsubishi?
How are the Lancer and the Cedia doing?
Old 26th September 2007, 15:08   #414
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pabheda View Post
lately Verna and aveoo are seen more on road as compare to 3 months before
Off late I am seeing quite a few Aveo's on used car dealer lots. Whats up with that?
Old 28th September 2007, 09:27   #415

Palio to continue...at least this is what FIAT guys have to say

I am considering to own a Palio Stile but was in two minds after going through the posts about its sales so thought of writing to Fiat India directly.
Following is the reply received from FIAT (read Tata Motors) helpdesk when asked about Palio production getting discontinued and standard accessories provided on a new purchase.

"jaldeep.virani@tatamotors.com"

Dear Mr. Temkar,

Thank you for your feedback. Such feedbacks go a long way in helping us achieve total customer satisfaction. I am sure you r ownership experience of Palio Stile would be wonderful.

There are no plans of discontinuing Palio Stile as of now and rest assured getting service and spares for Palio Stile should not be a problem in future. Linea and Grande Punto are expected to be launched in first half of next year. The list of accessories available with Palio Stile is given below.
  1. <LI style="COLOR: navy">Seat Covers <LI style="COLOR: navy">Floor Mats <LI style="COLOR: navy">Audio System <LI style="COLOR: navy">Security System
  2. Air Fresheners
Please feel free to write to us anytime with any positive/ negative feedback that you may have.

Assuring you best of our services.

Warm regards,

Jaldeep Virani.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, September 24, 2007 2:02 PM
To: VIRANI JALDEEP P [ Brand Executive (Fiat) , Mumbai PCBU , Mumbai ]
Subject: FW: Feedback posted on Fiat-India site

-----Original Message-----
From: helpdesk@fiat-india.com [mailto:helpdesk@fiat-india.com]
Sent: Monday, September 24, 2007 1:43 PM
To: PCD CARPMG [PCD_MUMBAI]
Subject: Feedback posted on Fiat-India site
Dear Sir/Madam,

FeedBack details are as below :

Nature : Feedback

Your Name : Mr. Prasad Temkar

Your Email Address : prasad.temkar@gmail.com

Your Telephone Number :9833239460

Address : Borivali, Mumbai

State : Maharashtra

City : Mumbai

Comments : Hello, I Prasad Temkar would like to inform you about the excellent product being built by you in the form of Palio. I have test driven the vehicle and was impressed with the build quality and ride, though the 1.1L engine does not seem have the punch that 1.2 had. Anyway, the car was smooth in higher gears with good pulling. However I came to know that you will be launching Grande Punto and Linea sometime next year with the rumours that Palio will be discontinued after the launch of these new cars. Can you throw some light on how much these rumours are true. Also what are the accessories that company provides for Palio if one goes for it. Could you also let me know by when can we expect the Grande Punto and Linea out from FIATs stable? regards, Prasad

Regards,
Webmaster
Fiat-India

Last edited by GTO : 28th September 2007 at 10:22. Reason: Please do NOT cut-copy-paste from other word processors...it results in the font tags being displayed. Thanks
Old 28th September 2007, 13:07   #416
Senior - BHPian

Fiat wouldn't stop the Palio, thats for sure, because they are not that smart. If they were, they wouldn't be doing the kind of business they are doing now with such fantastic products. Anyway, don't take what this Virani guy says seriously. Fiat and Tata guys respond to your emails only if they are potential buyer's queries like this one or if the mails are praising them or their products or dealers.

I, personally, think that Fiat should stop selling the Palio for a couple of years. Launch new cars, improve after sales and then bring back the all new Palio sometime in 2009-10 when the negitivity associated with the Palio name has eased off in customers minds. In short, they should do something like Matiz-Spark kind of thing. Or they can bring in the old generation Punto badged with a different name (i.e.) neither Palio nor Punto.

Last edited by amit : 28th September 2007 at 13:12.
Old 28th September 2007, 17:00   #417
BHPian

Yup most people love the palio when they drive it especially the 1.6 and are plain scared to go for the brand due to a.s.s.
Old 1st October 2007, 15:08   #418
Senior - BHPian

Maruti's September sales have increased by 13.6% YOY.

M800 sales were 5221 units, Swift, Wagon R, Alto, Zen sales were 46,216 units and the most important SX4,Baleno, Esteem sales were 4885 units. Total sales were 67,448 units. Wonder how many SX4 they managed this month in comparision to Honda City. Grand Vitara and Gypsy sales were at 414 units.

Source: Moneycontrol

Last edited by amit : 1st October 2007 at 15:12.
Old 1st October 2007, 21:01   #419
BHPian

Skoda sales dip 28% in September

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...ow/2420306.cms
Old 1st October 2007, 21:04   #420
BHPian

Sales of different companies in September

Hyundai Motor sales up 9.7% in September

Hyundai Motor sales up 9.7% in September- Latest News-The Economic Times

[COLOR=#551a8b]GM India September sales up 64 per cent[/COLOR]

GM India September sales up 64 per cent

[COLOR=#000099]M&M Sep total sales surge 25% at 19871 units[/COLOR]