Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post

Hyundai - Domestic + Exports
A1 Segment — 23,057 units;
A2 Segment – 4,402 units;
A3 Segment — 3 units;
A4 Segment — 36 units; and
SUV Segment —16 units.
Total - 27,514 (domestic 18,009 units, exports 9,505)
Source: Hyundai Motor India registers 9.7 increase in domestic sales in Sept ‘07
A4 segment would mean Emberra right? The figures are extremally low aren't they?
And A3 is Elantra?? 3 units ... Why are they making it??
Old 4th October 2007, 13:11   #437
BANNED

Not so early buddy Still a long way to go for SX4 ZXi

Assumption 1: SX4 ZXi sells more that SX4 VXi
Assumption 2: SX4 ZXi sold more than NHC EXi/GXi/VTEC combined

Obviously both these assumption are wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_nars View Post
Also, is there any breakup of SX4 Vxi Vs ZXi? Anyways Zxi will be significant.

Point to note is that NHC units are for all variants - Exi, Gxi and VTEC, SX4 ZXi (if majority over Vxi) outsold all these variants !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
Figures for Honda are not correct.
Old 4th October 2007, 14:06   #438
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Not so early buddy Still a long way to go for SX4 ZXi

Assumption 1: SX4 ZXi sells more that SX4 VXi
Assumption 2: SX4 ZXi sold more than NHC EXi/GXi/VTEC combined

Obviously both these assumption are wrong.
AFAIK Assumption 1 is surely true. And also SX4 ZXi would be probably selling more than each of the variants of NHC taken individually
Old 4th October 2007, 16:49   #439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefreak View Post
AFAIK Assumption 1 is surely true. And also SX4 ZXi would be probably selling more than each of the variants of NHC taken individually

I wouldn't be so sure about SX4 ZXi outselling VXi. It's true that the ZXi is selling more than what Maruti expected. Hence, the shortage of supply and waiting period. But whether its outselling VXi is hard to tell. Here in Trivandrum i see a lot more Vxi 's than Zxi.

Any idea how much the Verna is selling. Its been reported here that last month Verna + Accent = 4402. Thats pretty impressive. Wonder how much they individually sold.
Old 4th October 2007, 16:57   #440
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnt. View Post
Any idea how much the Verna is selling. Its been reported here that last month Verna + Accent = 4402. Thats pretty impressive. Wonder how much they individually sold.
What if you came to know they also included the export numbers?
Old 4th October 2007, 18:25   #441
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
What if you came to know they also included the export numbers?
As per this link domain-B : Indian business : companies : Hyundai's Verna not for exports, accent is on domestic market

the Hyundai Verna is not being exported from India. From what i could find out from the net, Hyundai Atos ( Santro ) is manufactured only in India for all markets. They export the Getz to a large extend, and like Santro, want to eventually manufacture it for the entire world here itself. I cant find any solid info on whether they used to export the accent and whether they are still continuing it.

Last edited by burnt. : 4th October 2007 at 18:29.
Old 7th October 2007, 22:03   #442
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnt. View Post
I wouldn't be so sure about SX4 ZXi outselling VXi. It's true that the ZXi is selling more than what Maruti expected. Hence, the shortage of supply and waiting period. But whether its outselling VXi is hard to tell. Here in Trivandrum i see a lot more Vxi 's than Zxi.
If Vxi sells more than Zxi, then why would dealers give player, etc free with it? Vxi wasn't sold with these accessories initially.

Till now, I have seen only 1 Vxi, whereas saw many more ZXi's.
Old 8th October 2007, 18:03   #443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_nars View Post
If Vxi sells more than Zxi, then why would dealers give player, etc free with it? Vxi wasn't sold with these accessories initially.

Till now, I have seen only 1 Vxi, whereas saw many more ZXi's.

One reason for all the free accessories could be that they have more Vxi's lying in the yard waiting for sale. And a reason for that could be that they initially expected the Vxi to sell in a far greater number that it actually is selling.

The fact is, Zxi has exceeded MUL s expectations in sales. It could be that Zxi is selling more than Vxi but one can never be sure.

Besides, i see a lot more Vxi's in Trivandrum than Zxi's.
But, there is a huge difference between Trivandrum and Bangalore and I am not surprised to hear that you see far more Zxi 's in Bangalore.
Old 8th October 2007, 19:05   #444
BHPian

Yes true..

WE can see more of Zxi than Vxi.. Bangaloreans tyech savvy lot???
Old 8th October 2007, 19:10   #445
BHPian

Any Idea of Fiat Sales.

Their target is to sell 3000 this year. If they have sold around 250 last month then they are on targert.
Old 9th October 2007, 18:33   #446

Quote:
The low resale value and brand image may be the major causes hampering its offtake. Is there any supply side constraint on the Optra Mag?

In Delhi I have seen a precious few...
There was a supply constraint on optra Magnum LT variant , the one most sought after in the range. Also the petrol has been launched in magnum, the Nos should include both petrol and diesel
Old 9th October 2007, 18:33   #447

Quote:
The low resale value and brand image may be the major causes hampering its offtake. Is there any supply side constraint on the Optra Mag?

In Delhi I have seen a precious few...
There was a supply constraint on optra Magnum LT variant , the one most sought after in the range. Also the petrol has been launched in magnum, the Nos should include both petrol and diesel
Old 10th October 2007, 12:37   #448
Senior - BHPian

I have loaded an excel sheet for September 2007 domestic car sales figures:
vasudeva - MONTHLY DOMESTIC SALES

Remember that Sep 07 is a depreciation month and models generally sell higher compared with Aug 07. Some significant increases
Honda City, Accent/Verna, BMW all series, Civic, Corolla, Camry, Innova, Scorpio

Some significant declines:
Logan, UVA/Spark, Aveo

Status of new launches:
Fusion small sold 341 in Sep, Grand Vitara and Optra stagnant but for Optra diesel has pushed sales up. SX4/Esteem now stagnant with City picking up again (perhaps Esteem is declining).
Old 10th October 2007, 13:54   #449
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thanks vasudeva! Just some quick points before lunch:

- NHC outsells SX4? MUL has 4885 cars sold in the mid-size. Would presume that the Esteem has a 60% of that?

- Logan sales steadily declining. Compared to 2800 odd Logans of July, September figures are 30% lower at 2100 odd.

- Indigo outsells Logan by 200 cars.

- Verna outsells Fiesta by a 100 cars! How did they manage a 20% jump compared to August?

- Skoda mid-size sales at 860. Guesstimate of Octavia and Laura is what? 600 : 200 split? Optra and Corolla at 738 and 639 respectively.

- Civic is the class leader at 1392 and is stabilising at the 1300 - 1500 range since 6 months.

- C-Class bounces back? Sells 103 cars versus 93 for the 3 series. And double that of August
Old 10th October 2007, 14:13   #450
Senior - BHPian

Unfortunately, Maruti does not give model wise figures. But guess would be that Esteem was selling around 1.5K. Before SX4 launch it was selling around 2-2.4 K per month, and this should have seen a decline. So SX4 should be around 3.5 K max. Regarding Civic, too early to say if stabilises at around 1.4K. Sep and Mar. are depreciation month, and sales typically go up especially of corporate purchases.

Although as with all GM cars, Optra should lose a lot in the next few months, at least it has caused Skoda to at least show some signs of waking up from its slumber. It is also now putting ads in newspapers (obsessed with quality since 1895!) claiming to offer free maintenance. They have been obsessed a lot, but have achieved precious little in more than 110 yrs. On the other hand, Hyundai has gone from being the butt of Leno jokes (double the Hyundai's value by filling it up) to now being considered a safe choice.

Having owned a GM Corsa car for 4 years and seeing problems creeping up by the month once the car hit the 25K mark, I am wary of GM, and would rather be a late buyer of their cars (after seeing the reports).

Another thing: with the dollar going lower, should not CBU imports be cheaper for the manufacturer. This would include Camry, Prado, Superb, MB, BMW, etc. Prices of these cars should go down by at least 7-8% if not more.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks