Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2007, 12:59   #466
BHPian

SOme more details

Ford sold 341 Fusion diesel in Sep07
Marutis small car -18% YOY & +28% in B segment
Honda City -11% YOY ( showing its ageing)
Civic -10% ( June06- sep06 Vs June07 to Sep07)
Old 11th October 2007, 14:28   #467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
As per the Income Tax Act, 1961, corporates can claim full year depreciation for cars purchased upto 30-9-07, and half year depreciation for cars purchased upto 31-3-07. Any experts, please correct me if I am wrong here.
Ah! So corporates to buy in cars in Sept to be able to claim full year appreciations and hence sales increase. Makes sense. And also this should imply that sales should fall in October (or does the buying season tide over the fall?)

Also please tell me as I was going thru this thread I saw that the sales for NHC in April was almost 5K units whereas just before that and just after that it has been in the 3k range. Any specific reasons for that or is it just that people took fancy to buying NHC in April?

Last edited by thefreak : 11th October 2007 at 14:30.
Old 11th October 2007, 14:47   #468
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefreak View Post
Ah! So corporates to buy in cars in Sept to be able to claim full year appreciations and hence sales increase. Makes sense. And also this should imply that sales should fall in October (or does the buying season tide over the fall?)

Also please tell me as I was going thru this thread I saw that the sales for NHC in April was almost 5K units whereas just before that and just after that it has been in the 3k range. Any specific reasons for that or is it just that people took fancy to buying NHC in April?
As you can see from the excel sheet link, you are mistaken that NHC sold 5K in April. Actually, it was March 2007. It sold 2915 in April 07. Second, it is not appreciation, but depreciation. Third, in auto industry, month on month sales rise in Jan (new year effect), Mar (depreciation), Sep (depreciation), Oct-Nov (festival season). They typically decline in Dec (year end and festival hangover), Feb (budget expectations), Apr (compared with Mar).
Old 11th October 2007, 15:24   #469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
Second, it is not appreciation, but depreciation.
Typo that! Sorries! Thanks for the clarifications!
Old 11th October 2007, 19:36   #470
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefreak View Post
@lamborghini - As pointed out above the numbers for Hyundai are verna + accent numbers but then I do not believe that Hyundai would be telling too many Accents these days and I have observed a rather steep rise in the number of Vernas that i see around here in NCR.
And the Ford numbers include the Ikon as well as the Fiesta.
The Fusion now comes in under the hatchback category i.e vehicles upto 4000mm.
I think Hyundai Accent and Ikon Flair sales should be on par as the accent used to outsell the ikon when they were both priced at 7L+.
Old 11th October 2007, 20:38   #471
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
I think Hyundai Accent and Ikon Flair sales should be on par as the accent used to outsell the ikon when they were both priced at 7L+.
I would expect the Ikon sales to be better. I see a lot of new Ikons around than new Accents here. Maybe its because people generally have an impression that the Accent production will be stopped pretty soon. With Ikon, the common man seems to have no such idea. Atleast, that's the impression I got from a couple of friends who ended up buying the Ikon recently.
Old 12th October 2007, 10:26   #472
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnt. View Post
With Ikon, the common man seems to have no such idea. Atleast, that's the impression I got from a couple of friends who ended up buying the Ikon recently.
As of now, the future of the Ikon looks a lot more certain than that of the Accent.
Old 12th October 2007, 10:34   #473
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
As of now, the future of the Ikon looks a lot more certain than that of the Accent.
And another reason for the Ikon selling relatively more vehicles would be that the Ikon is priced around 60k lower than the Accent
Old 12th October 2007, 18:18   #474
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Ikon's future looks bleak with very pathetic resale values !
Old 12th October 2007, 21:12   #475
Distinguished - BHPian

@burnt - I think the main reason is because the ikon is still being marketed aggressively by Ford. When i was in Mumbai i rarely remember coming across an ad for the accent but there was definitely an ad for the Ikon in almost every paper.
But i don't recollect seeing too many new Ikons in Mumbai. Maybe a handful but then the scene is better than the 0 new Accents i saw. I was under the impression that the scene may have been different in other parts of the country.
Old 14th October 2007, 20:55   #476
VMG
BHPian

Any idea Cedia sales?
Old 15th October 2007, 11:58   #477
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
Ikon's future looks bleak with very pathetic resale values !
Depends on how you perceive it. Are you a sworn Ford hater? You seem to be picking on almost all posts of mine.

Chill, those who bought the Ikon know what they are getting into, and going by the reports on the forum, they are very much happy with their decision as well. Maybe its you who needs to go on a vacation to clear some of the unwarranted perceptions from your head.
Old 15th October 2007, 12:36   #478
Distinguished - BHPian

Any idea how many swift D' s sold versus Swift petrols?
Old 15th October 2007, 16:02   #479
Senior - BHPian

What about Toyota's September sales? With news of the Civic's suspension issue starting to trickle into even newspapers, has the Corolla sales managed to crawl up slightly?
Old 15th October 2007, 16:48   #480
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
Ford sold 341 Fusion diesel in Sep07
I am surprised. Do anyone know how much did they sold petrol ? I don't think they even managed to sell 350 Petrol last year or so. Quiet an achievement i would say.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks