Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2008, 14:42   #766
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by diffsoft View Post
I have not seen many of them in Bangalore - I guess the high end model in Bangalore will end up being costlier than City / SX4 and the likes. Unlike the Octavia, customers have too many choices at this price point.

Cheers,
I've seen more than 10 Fabias in Bangy so far. All red !
Old 5th March 2008, 18:19   #767

Where are the NHC Lovers?

Seeing the Feb sales of NHC, i am wondering where are the NHC lovers? They were beating the drums when there was an abnormal jump of NHC sales in Jan 08. What happened to NHC in Feb 08? 60% fall in sales compared to Jan 08 sales?

This only goes to show that Indians are not overly excited about NHC. Those of us, who have gone to US for short/long term work are fascinated by Honda cars, but not otherwise.

cheers!
Old 5th March 2008, 18:29   #768
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car-ma-car View Post
Seeing the Feb sales of NHC, i am wondering where are the NHC lovers? They were beating the drums when there was an abnormal jump of NHC sales in Jan 08. What happened to NHC in Feb 08? 60% fall in sales compared to Jan 08 sales?

This only goes to show that Indians are not overly excited about NHC. Those of us, who have gone to US for short/long term work are fascinated by Honda cars, but not otherwise.

cheers!
Might seem very harsh for a lot of honda lovers but the guys got a very big big point .
Nowadays honda is getting a lot of competion from all angles - there's the sx4 ,the captiva, cheaper laura and also I believe the petrol fabia would steal some nhc customers. I guess its time for honda to do a little price RATIONALISATION.
Old 5th March 2008, 19:37   #769
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
I've seen more than 10 Fabias in Bangy so far. All red !
Saw a light blue (?) Fabia for the first time near Church Street today
Old 5th March 2008, 23:25   #770
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

cheers!
I think Honda is giving dealer dispatches as sales figures. No other way such a drastic rise and fall in sales can be justified.

Same thing was done by Skoda too to show high sales of the Fabia.
Old 6th March 2008, 11:13   #771
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

cheers!
Arey Sir ji,

I am one of those NHC lovers who posted a lot last month :-)

Was just waiting for vasudeva's official report to see how NHC's competitors performed...but yes, 60% fall is a 60% fall. No doubt about it. What's interesting to see is which cars took the remaining 40% of the sales...

cheers,
Old 6th March 2008, 13:07   #772
BHPian

60 % percent is too big a figure to warrant fluctuation..I really am beginning to doubt that those many honda's ( 3500 + approx ) were registered. It has to be dispatches. But then why would dealers order 50-60% more if they have to pay in advance for all their orders. Something definately is not as it seems - is there any chance that the original figures were a 'typo" perhaps.-just wondering!
Old 6th March 2008, 16:42   #773
Senior - BHPian

Well we can't compare sales of cars month after month but year after year same month comparable for some extent.

There are lot of points we need to consider. in Jan 2008 many cars sold with big numbers while same cars decreased very much. Many people wait for new year so they push their purchase from December to January.

Unless there is too much of discount in Feb. sales will be very less because many people buy cars in March and anxious to see the budget outcome as well.

What I read is NHC will continue to be leader if we take yearly basis sales report.

Now I heard NHC Exi, GXI comes with few added new features like body color mirrors, door handles, alloy wheels which shows Honda has tough fight day by day, so they are pushing the sales by giving standard features rather than discounts.

Because price cut of small cars will make sedans like NHC sales will eat by premium Hatchbacks.

I feel in March we can see lot of increase sales of all cars because of price cut and more offers.

Regards,

Ravi.

Last edited by ravibhat : 6th March 2008 at 16:44.
Old 6th March 2008, 16:51   #774
BHPian

Quote:
Those of us, who have gone to US for short/long term work are fascinated by Honda cars
And someone who has travelled/lived in EU, especially Central Europe, must have developed a dislike towards Japanese/American cars

Sorry, I digress. Back to the topic, yes this price rationalisation is the need of the moment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijit 2284 View Post
I guess its time for honda to do a little price RATIONALISATION.
Old 7th March 2008, 03:58   #775
BHPian

Logan overtakes City, Verna and SX4 in Feb
Old 7th March 2008, 08:51   #776
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
Now I heard NHC Exi, GXI comes with few added new features like body color mirrors, door handles, alloy wheels
Regards,

Ravi.
No offense meant Ravi but I can't believe that body colour mirrors and handles qualify as New Features and I had to read them in BOLD

As if they gave ABS and Airbag atleast as optional features in the Exi or Gxi.

Last edited by kiku007 : 7th March 2008 at 08:53. Reason: Sentence correction
Old 7th March 2008, 09:24   #777
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RakishRam View Post
So, the Feb figures stands as below:

Indigo - 3,322 units
Logan - 2,753 units
NHC - 2,310 units
Verna - 2,132 units
SX4 - 1,953 units

Not bad for NHC considering that it belongs to the higher end of mid-size sedans.
Old 7th March 2008, 09:33   #778
Senior - BHPian

As of today morning, SIAM had not posted the official figures for Feb 2008. Perhaps by today evening or by 10th.
Old 7th March 2008, 09:38   #779
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No Honda owner am I, but you should compared like months with like months only. Feb of any year is a lean month as people wait for the budget. NHC sold 2310 in 2/08 but that represents a growth (although low only) over 2156 in 2/07. Last year, it sold 3617 in 1/07, 2156 in 2/07, and 5164 in 3/07. Similar trends (decline in Feb but huge increases in Mar) can be seen for almost all models.

Perhaps a better analysis of data is in order before one jumps to any premature conclusion.
Old 7th March 2008, 10:27   #780
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabjarus View Post
So, the Feb figures stands as below:

Indigo - 3,322 units
Logan - 2,753 units
NHC - 2,310 units
Verna - 2,132 units
SX4 - 1,953 units

Not bad for NHC considering that it belongs to the higher end of mid-size sedans.
At the competitive pricing combined with passenger/boot space and fuel economy, Logan will give a tough fight for Indigo especially in the cab segment. Maruti and Hyundai have lost out the edge they had in compact sedan market (Esteem/Accent). Now its Tata Vs Mahindra
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks