Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2008, 22:51   #856
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodeo View Post
As per this article, sales of Optra are 2397 for month of march. somehow its difficult to believe.

GM India March sales up 51 per cent- Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times

Edit: Oops i read it wrong... its 710...

320 units of the captiva is ver impressive considering both GM's brand value and the price tag of captiva
Old 2nd April 2008, 04:19   #857
Senior - BHPian

Needforspeed,

Do the Accent and Verna fall in the A2 category? Hyundai definitely would have sold ovr 2000 odd cars in this segment.
Old 2nd April 2008, 04:27   #858
Senior - BHPian

Maruti needs to up the production of Swift Diesel and roll outthe Concept A Star and the Splash fast. The Wagon R and Estilo loot prehistoric in comparison to the i10 and no wonder Hyundai is not offering a single paisa discount compared to the Alto, Wagon R and Estilo.

Rhe Swift,SX4 and the Dzire alo do not have any discounts
Old 2nd April 2008, 08:01   #859
Distinguished - BHPian

TN, a hunting ground for Maruti, HMIL - The Hindu

Tamil Nadu has emerged as the fastest growing market for Maruti Suzuki India. Sales, at 50,589 units, have grown by 33 per cent in 2007-08 over the previous year. Seven per cent of the company’s sales of 7.65 lakh units in 2007-08 came from Tamil Nadu.

A spokesman of Hyundai Motor India Ltd. (HMIL) said the company sold 16,980 passenger cars in Tamil Nadu in calendar 2007. This constituted 8.4 per cent of the company’s sales in 2007, he added.

Source
The Hindu : Business : TN, a hunting ground for Maruti, HMIL
Old 2nd April 2008, 10:59   #860
BANNED

cheers: City steals the thunder from Dzire cheers:

City ZX - 6492
Civic - 2074
CRV - 329

Need I say more?

Honda Siel Cars India Ltd. :: Press Releases

Looks like the announcement of New City has created panic among the buying public. They want NHC before it goes off shelf.
Old 2nd April 2008, 10:59   #861
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
I don't think Dzire has had a major part in Maruti's sales. The car was launched on around March 26. How many cars can they deliver in 4 days? Today is April 1st and I have yet to see a single registered Dzire in Mumbai. Assuming SX4 sales at 2000units (Average SX4 sales/month since last few months), the figures seem to suggest that MUL sold 5536 Dzires in about 4 days?
Actually this seems correct. Even considering that most car makers sella lot more in March, the figure of around 7.5K seems hard to believe. In this segment, Maruti has never sold more than 5K in a month. I most certainly think that DZire dealer delivery or bookings have been reported as sales. Why? to inflate number for fiscal closing (Maruti's year ends March 31). Skoda inflated figures for Fabia (their year ends Dec 31).

By the way, GM's accounting policy worldwide for sales books sales when it leaves the factory. No matter that the car sits in the dealer lot for days or months.

I think DZIRE has the potential to do well, but there is no way that DZIRE would have sold 3-4 K in just 5 days (assuming SX4 had its best month ever in March).
Old 2nd April 2008, 11:01   #862
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post

City ZX - 6492
Civic - 2074
CRV - 329

Need I say more?

Honda Siel Cars India Ltd. :: Press Releases

Looks like the announcement of New City has created panic among the buying public. They want NHC before it goes off shelf.
City is definitely selling more on a year on a year basis but Civic is not (see March 07 sales).
Old 2nd April 2008, 11:27   #863
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
Maruti needs to up the production of Swift Diesel and roll outthe Concept A Star and the Splash fast. The Wagon R and Estilo loot prehistoric in comparison to the i10 and no wonder Hyundai is not offering a single paisa discount compared to the Alto, Wagon R and Estilo.

Rhe Swift,SX4 and the Dzire alo do not have any discounts
In Delhi the SX4 does have discounts now - 12K Corporate Discount + 5K Cash discount + a few accessories thrown in.
Old 2nd April 2008, 11:34   #864
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
For almost all new cars, bookings are qouted as sales. This might also be the case with the DZire.

The last example of the same was Skoda Fabia which showed sales in the previous month of its launch.
No crazy,its not bookings its the number of cars despatched to the dealerships which are taken into account.
ram
Old 2nd April 2008, 14:06   #865
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
I don't think Dzire has had a major part in Maruti's sales. The car was launched on around March 26. How many cars can they deliver in 4 days? Today is April 1st and I have yet to see a single registered Dzire in Mumbai. Assuming SX4 sales at 2000units (Average SX4 sales/month since last few months), the figures seem to suggest that MUL sold 5536 Dzires in about 4 days?
The figures quoted by Maruti are wholesale figures, i.e sales from manufacturer to delaer. Retail figures (sale from dealer to customer) would be a different story. By the by, all manufacturers report wholesale figures only. Also, the Dzire shipments would have begun atleast 4 days prior to the national launch so that each dealer has sufficient stocks. IMO they would have sacrificed a few Swift shipments in favour of Dezires.
Old 2nd April 2008, 16:25   #866
BHPian

Quote:
Needforspeed,

Do the Accent and Verna fall in the A2 category? Hyundai definitely would have sold ovr 2000 odd cars in this segment.
Yes. A2 segment consists of verna and accent
Old 2nd April 2008, 16:36   #867
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
Actually this seems correct. Even considering that most car makers sella lot more in March, the figure of around 7.5K seems hard to believe. In this segment, Maruti has never sold more than 5K in a month. I most certainly think that DZire dealer delivery or bookings have been reported as sales. Why? to inflate number for fiscal closing (Maruti's year ends March 31). Skoda inflated figures for Fabia (their year ends Dec 31).

By the way, GM's accounting policy worldwide for sales books sales when it leaves the factory. No matter that the car sits in the dealer lot for days or months.

I think DZIRE has the potential to do well, but there is no way that DZIRE would have sold 3-4 K in just 5 days (assuming SX4 had its best month ever in March).
Your statement about GM's a/c policy seems to be correct. I was told today by GM sales person that 2007 Dec sparks are available @ 10K discount. If Sparks are selling so well then howcome 2007 vehicles are available?
Old 2nd April 2008, 18:16   #868
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post

City ZX - 6492
Civic - 2074
CRV - 329

I know you are hardcore Honda fan. But comparing 6 days of Dzire sales with 1 full month NHC sales This is too much!!!
Old 2nd April 2008, 20:15   #869
Senior - BHPian

Looks like Honda has pushed stocks to the dealers to report a strong claosing for the year. Nothing else would explain the sales more than doubling in March. However, no sales reported for the Accord. Seems that Honda is clearing Accord stocks before the imminent launch of the New Accord.
Old 2nd April 2008, 22:27   #870
BANNED

Honda 'pushed' in Jan and again in March? Why didn't they 'push' all these years?
Quote:
Looks like Honda has pushed stocks to the dealers to report a strong claosing for the year.
For NHC, Honda 'pushed' stocks and reported higher number.
For Accord, Honda 'cleared' stocks and didn't report any number?
Quote:
Nothing else would explain the sales more than doubling in March. However, no sales reported for the Accord. Seems that Honda is clearing Accord stocks before the imminent launch of the New Accord.
SX4 did 5Ks in the month it was launched, similar figures for Logan. Launch month is also the month where cars are dispatched to dealers as demo cars. Many buy for its novelty & brand name. So nothing astounding with Dzire's figures. NHC was a car launched 5 years ago and its amazing that it still sells in such numbers.

Also, I am not any 'hardcore' guy. I am just appreciative of quality of Honda cars and the trust people have on Honda products. Either bikes or cars, people flock to buy Honda products.
Quote:
Originally Posted by svel View Post
I know you are hardcore Honda fan. But comparing 6 days of Dzire sales with 1 full month NHC sales This is too much!!!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed