Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2007, 21:17   #91
BHPian

BTW hows GM cars doing in sales figures? Aveo for exmple.
Old 8th February 2007, 15:12   #92
BHPian

It seems Safari had it's highest ever sales in the month of January!!!
Old 21st February 2007, 00:40   #93
Senior - BHPian

Scorpio records highest ever sales for any month in January

The Scorpio clocked its best ever numbers for any month in January 2007, clocking volumes of 4528, a 34% increase over the corresponding month last fiscal. Cumulative sales (April-January) of the Scorpio rose by 22%.

Source:
Moneycontrol India :: News :: Scorpio records highest ever sales for any month in January :: :: Press- Market :: Mahindra & Mahindra ,Automotive Sector, Mahindra Group,Scorpio,Cumulative sales ,Rajesh Jejurikar,JD Power Customer Satisfaction Survey 2
Old 21st February 2007, 10:31   #94
BHPian

Does anyone know sale figures for Chevy Aveo sedan? Lately I am seeing increased number of these in Mumbai. How about UVA?
Old 21st February 2007, 13:13   #95
Senior - BHPian

According to the latest figures available for download here: http://www.cybersteering.com/pulmain...News070201.rtf (thanks as usual to Murad Ali Baig. No thanks to you, GTO!)

the Aveo is clocking about 700 units per month as against 3.6 k for the City, 3.5 k for the Fiesta and 2.7 k for the Verna. The Ambassador sells more than the Aveo, by the looks of things.

I think we can safely call it a failure.

Other quick observations:

Accent sales are close to ZERO at 17 units.

M800 numbers are now less than Zen numbers - WagonR, Alto and Zen sell more than the 800.

Chevy's UV-A seems to be doing the same numbers as the Aveo, probably because of the Novelty factor.

The Indigo has seen an upswing in numbers from our previous analysis (1712 per month then, 3207 now) and is back to snapping on the heels of the City & Fiesta in terms of numbers. Perhaps GTO's comment on the paint shop fire affecting sales in the previous quarter are correct.

The Indica has shown a nearly 30% increase in numbers over the previous period (14.5 k against 11.9k).

In the 'D -" segment, the Civic still rules the roost - the 1700+ numbers per month were initially attributed to novelty but the Honda soldiers on with the SAME numbers 3 months down the line. Skoda (Octavia + Laura) sales have seen a slight downward trend and may soon be at around 50% of the Civic's if this trend goes on.

Nothing very exciting in the 'D' segment - the Accord is the only one that does any meaningful numbers, as usual.

UVs - Scorpio records its highest ever sales figure, and so does the Safari which crossed 2,000 numbers per month for the first time. The Safari's monthly sales figures are in danger of overtaking its previous quarterly figures. Nice going, big boy! (Okay, I'm biased here!)

and finally - the OLD, OUTDATED MITSU Pajero is actually selling about 100 numbers a month! Surprise surprise!!!

Last edited by Steeroid : 21st February 2007 at 13:27.
Old 21st February 2007, 13:23   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
as against 3.5 k for the City, 3.2 k for the Fiesta and 2.7 k for the Verna.
Well, the Jan figures show 3552 units of the Fiesta against 3617 of the City - not bad, not bad at all............MS Divy, this is why I was discounting the "All Ford" comparison that had been put up.

Steer, thanks for putting up the link.
Old 21st February 2007, 15:31   #97
Senior - BHPian

M&M seems to have an awesome time in january,The scorpio outsold the innova and another UV the bolero too outsold the innova[though not really competition to the innova].

Gm needs to pull up its socks.

Another thing is the Innova outsold cars above the swift segment [sedans like the Honda city],the Uv's are selling more than cars in India,a reason why the innova was preferred over the vios in the model line-up for India.I think 4068 units of the innova in a month is the highest Toyota has achieved with the innova amongst all the countries it is sold in[will check up on this however].
The corolla however needs a replacement quite fast or else a diesel engine option[sales have come down by half].

The 1.4TDCI engine is doing wonders for ford,The fiesta has done really well.Ford understood the market well.Maruti as usual dominate the market share.Hyundai santro is doing well.

Tata also have done well,however they should note with the dwindling maruti 800 sales whether it would be worth the effort in going in for the one lakh car?

Overall january was a good start for manufacturers to the year 2007[the pessimists were expecting a slowdown].

The M800,alto,wagonr,santro,Indica and swift add up to about 65% of the cars bought.

Last edited by rahul_intlad : 21st February 2007 at 15:45.
Old 21st February 2007, 15:42   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the Aveo is clocking about 700 units per month as against 3.6 k for the City, 3.5 k for the Fiesta and 2.7 k for the Verna.
Would be interesting to see the share of petrol Fiesta and Verna sales. That would be a good comparision to make to the City's sales. I guess the figures of Fiesta and Verna petrol units will be more or less equal to the Aveo.
Old 21st February 2007, 15:54   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Would be interesting to see the share of petrol Fiesta and Verna sales. That would be a good comparision to make to the City's sales. I guess the figures of Fiesta and Verna petrol units will be more or less equal to the Aveo.
If thats so, then isn't it a valid case for GM to launch diesel Aveo?
Old 21st February 2007, 17:52   #100
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
and finally - the OLD, OUTDATED MITSU Pajero is actually selling about 100 numbers a month! Surprise surprise!!!
I have seen a LOT of old-new Pajeros around; and more prominently in areas like Nasik etc. than Mumbai.

A hit with rich farmers? Or small-town politicians?
Old 21st February 2007, 18:43   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the Aveo is clocking about 700 units per month as against 3.6 k for the City, 3.5 k for the Fiesta and 2.7 k for the Verna. The Ambassador sells more than the Aveo, by the looks of things.

I think we can safely call it a failure.
Might change soon. Wait for the Aveo CDX .
Old 21st February 2007, 18:52   #102
Senior - BHPian

These figures cant be accurate. It shows baleno's sales at 7 units for Jan 07!!!!. I purchased my baleno in Jan 07, and on the date of delivery, there were 2 more balenos being delivered. when I went for the stereo fitment next day, there was 1 more ready for delivery- so that makes it 4 in the third week of jan from 1 dealer in bangalore alone!
Old 21st February 2007, 20:39   #103
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Santro sales up 78% in January

The sales in January have been the highest-ever for the month for HMIL with Santro, the flagship car from the Hyundai stable, clocking a domestic growth of 78% in comparison to January 2006.

Source:http://www.business-standard.com/com...N&autono=20225
Old 22nd February 2007, 11:10   #104
Joz
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
These figures cant be accurate. It shows baleno's sales at 7 units for Jan 07!!!!. I purchased my baleno in Jan 07, and on the date of delivery, there were 2 more balenos being delivered. when I went for the stereo fitment next day, there was 1 more ready for delivery- so that makes it 4 in the third week of jan from 1 dealer in bangalore alone!
These figures are based on dispatch by the OEMs to the dealers. So its quite possible that the Baleno's you saw were dispatched in December. And I think they have stopped production early this month.

I still can't figure why the Verna trails the Fiesta by a huge margin. The Hyundai has comparable features, comparable price, backing of the Hyundai brand, better service network and the perception that service costs are lower than Ford.

So what could be so wrong: Mileage?, Looks?, No Celebrity Endorsement? (Ford has decided Jr. AB needn't be 'Fida' over the Fiesta anymore as they beleive the brand has established itself), Fiesta is a stronger brand than Verna, Verna came in late? I would really like to know. Maybe this is a case for highlighting the importance of right entry timing and right marketing.
Old 22nd February 2007, 11:26   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joz
I still can't figure why the Verna trails the Fiesta by a huge margin. The Hyundai has comparable features, comparable price, backing of the Hyundai brand, better service network and the perception that service costs are lower than Ford.
One thing the Fiesta got is the early mover advantage. And looks could be other factor - even though the Fiesta is no great looker itself, it is somehow overall better than the Verna IMO. The Diet Diesel campaign also could have helped sales - even though Hyundai is also trying on that front.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks