Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2008, 14:15   #1246
BHPian

any festival discounts for indigo cs.when i asked the sales exec. he said dealers will information regarding offers in the first week of every month (before 5th). even maruti guys confirmed the same.
i think october sales will be double when compared to sep/ nov/ dec because of diwali, navrathri, etc
Old 6th October 2008, 10:59   #1247
Senior - BHPian

Sumo Grande

Anyone knows about the sales of Sumo Grande, as I hardly see any on the roads of Tamilnadu which is full of Sumos once.
Old 6th October 2008, 22:36   #1248
BHPian

I was keen to see the numbers of 800 n alto, can anyone update.

i have collated the sales figures of all the cars and put it in one excel sheet with groupings as per me.

this is self explanatory and easier to understand.

hope its helpful.
Attached Files
File Type: xls jan-july.xls (17.0 KB, 510 views)
Old 7th October 2008, 13:02   #1249
i10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
Anyone knows about the sales of Sumo Grande, as I hardly see any on the roads of Tamilnadu which is full of Sumos once.
The only time I saw one was when it was launched, and it was parked outside the Concorde showroom near Velachery. However, haven't seen it even around the showroom of late. Even the Vistas seem to be less in number. None that I have spotted registered, but a couple parked outside this particular showroom.
Old 7th October 2008, 13:36   #1250
BHPian

Ouch.. July not a single GV sold.. Similar to the Tuscon story.. I wonder if it is the same story for Aug/Sept as well..Their website does not have individual figures as they bunch it with Gypsy..Will this prompt a dual action - CKD/local manufacture of the 2.4L version at a killer price of 12L?
Old 7th October 2008, 14:37   #1251
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajchetan View Post
i have collated the sales figures of all the cars and put it in one excel sheet with groupings as per me.

this is self explanatory and easier to understand.
Thanks for that sheet. It's very well put together. Couple of things I noticed:

-i10 is outselling Santro.
-Spark is languishing at the bottom. Even the Estilo outsells it!
-Fabia is outselling Aveo UVA!
-Verna is outselling SX4.
- C segment makes it clear that when it comes to Petrol engines, Indians only trust Japanese . Fiesta and Verna, despite having diesels, are being outsold by the NHC. Of the two, Verna is managing to stay ahead of the SX4 but only by a whisker.
-I wonder how much more fuel efficient the SX4 is compared to the Verna and Fiesta Petrols?
-Magnum is breathing down the mightly Corolla's neck!

Last edited by amit : 7th October 2008 at 14:41.
Old 7th October 2008, 19:43   #1252
Senior - BHPian

The Optra is a gem of a car in my humble opinion. Looks nice, drives nice and is nice.

Honda forevah! I'm a bit biased in this regard though - the Devil under the bonnet of my Civic has converted me to the VTEC side!
Old 8th October 2008, 15:03   #1253
BHPian

The shocking aspect is that even though the entire world including India was aware of the G3 Honda City being launched in September the sales of this Honda G2 City have not suffered.

The entire market is talking of the SX4, but its half the numbers of the CITY both being offered only in one engine type that’s petrol. Whereas SX4 is fighting for its numbers against Verna and Fiesta, where both the cars boosts of a Diesel Engine.

When it comes to the D segment again a beauty from Honda the Civic out sell all other cars. Especially when this is the only car to have only an petrol engine.

And when it comes to the D+ segment i am sure no other car other than the Honda Accord that sells the max. and in the SUV segment it must be the beautiful Honda CRv that beats every other car in sale.

How do these guys at HONDA manage to rule all the segments that they are present in????????
Old 10th October 2008, 13:31   #1254
Senior - BHPian

@vasudeva: Dear Sir,

can you please update us with your divine knowledge of the September sales figures

cheers,
ac
Old 10th October 2008, 18:39   #1255
Senior - BHPian

well @rajchetan if you look at the sales chart we can now see both endeavour and capiva

i think the sales of honda has also alot to do with its brand image
Old 13th October 2008, 14:27   #1256
Senior - BHPian

I have posted Sep 2008 sales figures here:

Mom: month on month growth; yoy: year on year

Although 9/08 sales are up 14.4% (mom), they are up 5.3% (yoy). After 2 straight months of yoy decline, market recovered in 9/08. But that is history as recent global conditions could cause huge uncertainty.
People are deserting M800 because of high fuel prices.
In compact, Hyundai is doing well. So is Swift Swift. Tata Indica is sluggish, and inspite of exhortations by German (sorry Indian) mags, Fabia is only going down like a tank on the way down (`tank like build’ does not appeal?). Fabia still sells more than Fiat and Ford though. Fiat has not been able to sustain its early increase and is going down every month. Fiat Palio petrol+diesel in 9/08 equals Fiat Palio petrol in 11/07. Gm’s price cuts boosted UVA/Spark in Jul-Aug, but the horse (or donkey) needs another round of flogging.
Flops in mid-size: Fiesta, Ikon, Aveo, Logan. City has declined because of new City expectations.
Both GM Optra and Skoda Octavia are now falling fast. They are now keeping company with Civic which enjoyed a 15th straight month of yoy decline. Perhaps Altis effect. Corolla sold 0 in 8/08, but 3424 in 9/08. Some could be dealer stuffing, but Corolla had 62% of market in 9/08 and had its best ever month. Yet, 1605 were produced in 8/08, and 2171 in 9/08. Corolla sold around 40% more in its first month (9/08) than Civic in its first month (June-July 2006). No definite long term winner amongst 3-series/C-class. Optra petrol+diesel in 9/08 equals Optra petrol in 7/07 (when diesel was launched?).
Accord now stabilised at a lower level.
Cab sales for Call centre/BPO are thriving though at a lower rate.
In market share, Honda’s share at its lowest since Feb 2006. Toyota had 4.9%, perhaps its highest ever.

Last edited by GTO : 18th May 2009 at 09:56. Reason: As per email discussion
Old 13th October 2008, 14:52   #1257
BHPian

wow, Maruti has posted a significant increase in mid-size. I wonder what the split is between DZire and SX4 in that.
Quote:
Both GM Optra and Skoda Octavia are now falling fast. They are now keeping company with Civic which enjoyed a 15th straight month of yoy decline. Perhaps Altis effect. Corolla sold 0 in 8/08, but 3424 in 9/08. Some could be dealer stuffing, but Corolla had 62% of market in 9/08 and had its best ever month.
No denying that Altis has landed heavy punches in the first round. Remains to be seen, however, whether that would be a knockout blow. I couldn't see VW Jetta numbers in this sheet?
Old 13th October 2008, 15:02   #1258
Senior - BHPian

VW does not supply any sales numbers to SIAM, alongwith Audi, Nissan, etc.
Old 13th October 2008, 15:12   #1259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
Corolla sold 0 in 8/08, but 3424 in 9/08. Some could be dealer stuffing, but Corolla had 62% of market in 9/08 and had its best ever month. Yet, 1605 were produced in 8/08, and 2171 in 9/08. Corolla sold around 40% more in its first month (9/08) than Civic in its first month (June-July 2006). ...

Wow, that's a big jump! Altis seems to be a big hit so far. I see quite a lot of them in roads already. Its not very noticeable though. I think the base G version is the biggest seller. Light blue colour looks popular.
Old 13th October 2008, 15:48   #1260
Senior - BHPian

Poor Fiat, even the tata venture did not help them nor the stile. NOw the only hope is the early launch of the Grande Punto and the Linea.

But i think the i20 will spoil that party too.

Fabia is just going down and down.

Corolla : 3424. Thats crazy amount of cars sold. Proves that there is a huge market still in the 10-14 lakh range.

Merc are just racing ahead, leaving BMW in its dust, wonder what resulted in such a change.

Cheers
AC
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks