Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2008, 20:46   #1351
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
Interesting Ford beat Huyndai in C segment. Ikon D effect - but still less that what i thought it would be. I was expecting them to cross 3K.
Hmmm. What now? Can we expect Accent CRDI to come back again
Old 11th December 2008, 20:59   #1352
BHPian

Honda had sold about 140 hybrids so does that include in the civic figures.
Old 13th December 2008, 09:55   #1353
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Any figures for the A-Star? I haven't seen a single owner registered car on Mumbai roads yet.
I have seen 1-2 A-stars in Delhi. But it is surprisingly low for a small, budget car. It is not entirely A-star's fault; it was just launched in a souring market.
Old 13th December 2008, 10:28   #1354
BHPian

I have seen more A-Stars on Delhi roads then I have seen Indica Vistas.
Old 13th December 2008, 10:43   #1355
BHPian

Surprisingly, I've been seeing loads of A-stars on Delhi-NCR roads, even the ANHC 's visibility is increasing (atleast in Noida).
Old 13th December 2008, 11:08   #1356
BHPian

ANHC is finaly visible on Delhi/NCR roads. i too spotted quite a few in Noida. Very few Indica Vista's, but then its harder too spot!

Verrrrry few A-stars spotted. BTW the rear looks ugly in person!

Elito
Old 14th December 2008, 22:20   #1357
Senior - BHPian

actually a lots of new products had a chance of doing exceptionally well like yamaha r15,rz16 toyota corolla,ANHC but the meltdown has kept them
Old 15th December 2008, 12:00   #1358
BHPian

Hi All,

Was planning to buy a Hyundai Santro GLS in Pune for my mom.
As we all know, there are discounts being offered by Hyundai in order to beat the slowdown and passing the benefits of the excise duty cuts etc etc to the customer. The offers as per Hyundai are valid only up to 15th - 20th Dec and as per the showroom, the factory would be then closed for annual maintenance and re-open only in Jan. So if I wanted the discount, I should go for it now.

However, some others (not experts, just general opinion) have advised that the slowdown would get even more prominent and therefore car manufacturers would be forced to give even bigger discounts if we waited until Feb.

What do you folks think?
Old 15th December 2008, 20:09   #1359
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidkun View Post
Hi All,

However, some others (not experts, just general opinion) have advised that the slowdown would get even more prominent and therefore car manufacturers would be forced to give even bigger discounts if we waited until Feb.

What do you folks think?
If you wait for the Robins, the Spring will be over

Besides that, further discounts can be expected when things really, really go bad, which you can expect only in April onwards.
Old 16th December 2008, 07:20   #1360
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

Was planning to buy a Hyundai Santro GLS in Pune for my mom.
As we all know, there are discounts being offered by Hyundai in order to beat the slowdown and passing the benefits of the excise duty cuts etc etc to the customer. The offers as per Hyundai are valid only up to 15th - 20th Dec and as per the showroom, the factory would be then closed for annual maintenance and re-open only in Jan. So if I wanted the discount, I should go for it now.

What do you folks think?
You might want to go thro this article in rediff -> Many car makers plan January price rise before making a decision. IMO, go for it now.

Regards!
Old 16th December 2008, 11:40   #1361
BHPian

Thanks for the responses, everyone. Maybe I should buy now. But the rediff article quotes that the "January price hike threats" are a somewhat annual feature and not necessarily implemented always. Also, I agree that imported, CKD cars might need price hikes due to the rupee depreciation... but what about cars like the Santro, manufactured here? Wouldn't reduced steel and transport (crude) prices play a part? I know that the current lot of cars were manufactured at high input costs since companies would hedge upto 3 months of commodities to beat the rising price. But the current lot of commodities would be cheaper, thus resulting in lower input costs for the subsequent lot of cars, wouldn't you think?

Anyway, I guess that's all in the hypothetical domain. I'm not an economist so will just decide based on how the dealer treats me .
Old 16th December 2008, 22:46   #1362
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the responses, everyone. Maybe I should buy now. But the rediff article quotes that the "January price hike threats" are a somewhat annual feature and not necessarily implemented always. Also, I agree that imported, CKD cars might need price hikes due to the rupee depreciation... but what about cars like the Santro, manufactured here? Wouldn't reduced steel and transport (crude) prices play a part?
Well, on the other hand, the cheaper Chinese auto parts are finding their way into India now. So you might get a good price discount next year, but who knows, the discounts will be on the back of cheaper parts in the car
Old 18th December 2008, 16:29   #1363
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Price would be lower in Feb

My prediction:

Jan is a month of turmoil and a decent deal can be obtained only in the last week of Jan.

Prices would be lower in Feb, even if some of the Manufacturers do garner the courage to raise prices in such a market, am sure that they would need to go a step back in Feb to either match the Dec prices or infact go even lower, besides even if one does end up paying upto 3% higher in Feb the resale price would be better at least upto 4 years further on.

Folks around where i work are mostly differing the purchase plans to the next year inspite of the great offers on right now.

The spark was at about 2.66 special price 4 months back for a limited period and they then extended the same price till dec where in after the excise drop it is currently at 2.59.

The Interest rates are also likely to cool of further by feb so cost of ownership should be lower if purchase is delayed till Feb.
Old 21st December 2008, 13:05   #1364
Senior - BHPian

Finally managed to find out exactly how many SX4's Maruti sold in October 2008.

From Vasudeva's excel sheet, MSIL sold a total of 5412 units in the mid-size segment. ACI december issue reports that 4,503 units of Dzire were sold in October which means MSIL sold 909 units of SX4.

Since Dzire is consistantly in the Top 10 models every month, can anyone who has old issues of ACI do a calculation to find out exactly the sales trend of SX4?

EDIT Managed to find ACI November issue which has sales of September 08. For these two months the sales performance of MSIL in mid-size segement is:

September sales: Dzire 6,120 units , SX4 1,293 units.
October Sales: Dzire 4,503 units , SX4 909 units

Last edited by amit : 21st December 2008 at 13:14.
Old 24th December 2008, 03:37   #1365
Senior - BHPian

guys any idea how outlander is doing?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks