Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2009, 23:36   #1651
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-47 View Post
Can you please tell me another car that has the refinement, power and space to match the ANHC this side of 10L?
Indigo XL.
It has the power(100bhp) and space. As for refinement, its cruder, but definitely not 3 lakhs cruder
Old 7th April 2009, 00:07   #1652
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Indigo XL.
It has the power(100bhp) and space. As for refinement, its cruder, but definitely not 3 lakhs cruder
Tsk, I was talking about a car and not something that would help you learn automotive engg You own a Tata and I've had the experience of owning one. So, I hope you understand what I'm saying. I would anyday spend 3L more for a glitch free experience.

I really don't think there are many alternatives to the city if you are looking for a petrol car and willing to spend 10L. It has very good top-end, decent FE, very good space, is refined and looks proportionate. These attributes make it a market leader and not because we Indians are stupid or ignorant.

Last edited by Su-47 : 7th April 2009 at 00:09.
Old 7th April 2009, 08:16   #1653
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
Sales of Honda ANHC just goes on to show how ignorant the Indian consumer is.
OT - but still. Why do you think that a customer is ignorant? Show me another petrol Sedan in the 10L range which can beat it on power/FE/space/reliability and resale. There is none - yet.

Does it strike to you that customer is aware that they are paying a premium since they don't have a real alternative? Maybe things would change a bit if Toyota brings its own 10L Sedan.

Last edited by SkyWalker : 7th April 2009 at 08:17.
Old 7th April 2009, 09:04   #1654
Senior - BHPian

Honda city does have good looks and is a well engineered car. But all these options better it on the price point it is sold at. You should see the feedback it got from the car enthusiasts at BSmotoring website when they announced it the car of the year.

Chevrolet optra Diesel (talk power and space for the same price)
Fiat linea ( minus the power, plus the features, plus the price)
Ford Fiesta 1..6S (beats ANHC on all points)
hyundai Verna (features, and diesel power for the same price)
maruti SX4 (cheaper, spacious, and full of features, minus minor problems)
mitsubishi cedia ( bigger, powerful, matches on features and price)

there is a limit to the premium a brand can charge and get away with. A.S.S. is not the best around and neither are the features given. It doesnt even have a cd player or alloy wheels as standard for the price.

And the 116 horses are a joke. I would get a Fiesta 1.6S or Mitsubishi Cedia over it anyday.

Honda city is the glorius birth of the media corruption by honda. I remember the time when they advertised 20+ kmpl FE for the NHC automatic.

It's the one brand I wouldnt buy even if they usurp maruti's position as the largest selling car maker. But then That's a personal opinion and not my money being spent.
Old 7th April 2009, 09:27   #1655
Senior - BHPian

We are seriously going OT here, and probably this would be my last post on the same.

Quote:
Ford Fiesta 1..6S (beats ANHC on all points)
how so?
It definitely cant beat the City on
  • FE
  • Space (Fiesta is definitely a size down compared to City)
  • Resale
  • Power
and probably those are some of the key criterion for people buying in this segment.

Quote:
Honda city is the glorius birth of the media corruption by honda. I remember the time when they advertised 20+ kmpl FE for the NHC automatic.
You missed out on the 30+ kmpl claims from Logan,Fiesta,Verna and then some from the Maruti stable? Does any of us really believe these claims from any manufacturer/Associated Magazine?

Quote:
It's the one brand I wouldnt buy even if they usurp maruti's position as the largest selling car maker. But then That's a personal opinion and not my money being spent.
dude, you don't like a Honda, and that's fine. We have our share of Skoda,Honda,FIAT, and "name a manufacturer and their haters" here.

My original post was about your statement "Sales of Honda ANHC just goes on to show how ignorant the Indian consumer is.". You should probably consider just because somebody doesn't follow your logic, doesn't mean that they are ignorant

Last edited by SkyWalker : 7th April 2009 at 09:29.
Old 7th April 2009, 10:01   #1656
BANNED

Maybe the sales show how smart they are .

So just 2 more days for the excel sheet of sales in March 09.
Quote:
Sales of Honda ANHC just goes on to show how ignorant the Indian consumer is.
Old 7th April 2009, 10:11   #1657
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-47 View Post
Tsk, I was talking about a car and not something that would help you learn automotive engg You own a Tata and I've had the experience of owning one. So, I hope you understand what I'm saying. I would anyday spend 3L more for a glitch free experience.

I really don't think there are many alternatives to the city if you are looking for a petrol car and willing to spend 10L. It has very good top-end, decent FE, very good space, is refined and looks proportionate. These attributes make it a market leader and not because we Indians are stupid or ignorant.
team bhpian bouncer has 2 indigo XL's. I doubt if he bought them to learn auto engineering, or if he's had any glitches
Old 7th April 2009, 11:06   #1658
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
My original post was about your statement "Sales of Honda ANHC just goes on to show how ignorant the Indian consumer is.". You should probably consider just because somebody doesn't follow your logic, doesn't mean that they are ignorant
+1 to this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
team bhpian bouncer has 2 indigo XL's. I doubt if he bought them to learn auto engineering, or if he's had any glitches
You could ask him and see if he has learnt something or not. I come from my own experience with TML (and from the experience of some close friends). I am not saying that TML makes bad products, I am only saying that we can't compare Indigo in terms of ownership experience and refinement to the city, even if it is 3L cheaper. This is assuming that the person interested in buying the car has 10L to spend.

Quote:
We are seriously going OT here, and probably this would be my last post on the same.
+1 to this as well. Last post from me on this topic as well.

Last edited by Su-47 : 7th April 2009 at 11:14.
Old 7th April 2009, 12:30   #1659
BHPian

If ACI data is to be believed, it appears that SX4 should beselling close to 2k per month. This seems to be a decent number. If the Diesel is launched it should do around 3k to 4k per month I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudheeshnairs View Post
Sales figures for February 09 as per AUTOCAR

Maruti Alto: 20,268
Maruti Wagon R: 13,621
Tata Indica: 11,315
Hyundai i10: 10,371
Maruti Swift: 8,987
Maruti Omni: 7615
Maruti Dzire: 6677
Hyundai Santro: 6021
Maruti A Star: 5636
Mahindra Bolero: 4850
Old 7th April 2009, 14:34   #1660
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
If ACI data is to be believed, it appears that SX4 should beselling close to 2k per month. This seems to be a decent number. If the Diesel is launched it should do around 3k to 4k per month I guess.
In February, Maruti sold nearly 8000 units of SX4 + Dzire, in which, according to ACI, 6677 is Dzire (ie, around 84%). Remaining will be around 1400 units of SX4. It's a good number considering its positioning. I think a diesel version will push the SX4 sales anywhere near to 4000 units.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 7th April 2009 at 14:38.
Old 7th April 2009, 15:33   #1661
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Remaining will be around 1400 units of SX4. It's a good number considering its positioning. I think a diesel version will push the SX4 sales anywhere near to 4000 units.
au contraire, i think its a pretty bad number for a premium sedan from Maruti stable. Yes, diesel would definitely push up the sales, *if* Maruti brings up a diesel version and they can supply enough diesels.
Old 7th April 2009, 20:26   #1662
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
au contraire, i think its a pretty bad number for a premium sedan from Maruti stable. Yes, diesel would definitely push up the sales, *if* Maruti brings up a diesel version and they can supply enough diesels.
I second this. 1400 Sx 4 is not great. considering this car supposed to eat in the City pie.

Also am really happy to see the linea crack some good nos. About time they got the respect & nos they deserved.

Cheers,
ac
Old 7th April 2009, 21:56   #1663
BHPian

Quote:
OT - but still. Why do you think that a customer is ignorant? Show me another petrol Sedan in the 10L range which can beat it on power/FE/space/reliability and resale. There is none - yet.

Does it strike to you that customer is aware that they are paying a premium since they don't have a real alternative? Maybe things would change a bit if Toyota brings its own 10L Sedan.
The alternative is already here. Toyota has launched the sub 10 lac (ex. showroom) model of Altis. I think it is labelled as J.

I recently bought Altis Automatic and also had test driven ANHC. In my openion ANHC does not come any where near Altis on all the parameters mentioned by you.
Old 7th April 2009, 22:15   #1664
Senior - BHPian

Wow, Linea is selling more than the SX4, Good news!
Old 8th April 2009, 11:03   #1665
Senior - BHPian

M&M claims to have sold 12,000 Xylo's in 60 days! That's an average of 200 Xylo's per day!

Would be interesting to see how the Xylo has impacted the Innova as this month 3000+ Xylo's were sold. What's even more interesting is that I haven't seen a single taxi registered Xylo yet. My driving is from Chembur to Vashi and that highways goes all the way to Pune so there is a lot of potential of spotting private taxi's.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks