Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2007, 15:19   #616
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
Sorry, but official data from SIAM is released only between 8th-12th of a month.
Gosh, do they resort to a manual count? Don't they have an ERP?
Old 6th December 2007, 11:52   #617
VBV
BHPian

Maruti's market share has increased.

Moneycontrol India :: News :: Maruti market share up at 59% :: Maruti Suzuki India :: Business :: Jagdish Khattar, MD, Maruti
Old 6th December 2007, 11:59   #618
Senior - BHPian

What about Corolla sales? Is the Octavia still outselling the Optra Magnum? And what about Laura? Any increase after the intro of the cheaper Ambiente variant?

I wonder how many units VW and Volvo sold?
Old 7th December 2007, 10:05   #619
BHPian

Maruti has announced discounts for the following cars:
Esteem, WagonR, WagonR Duo, Estilo, M800, Omni. Offers as of today are valid till Dec 15.
Old 7th December 2007, 11:24   #620
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aby.sam View Post
Maruti has announced discounts for the following cars:
Esteem, WagonR, WagonR Duo, Estilo, M800, Omni. Offers as of today are valid till Dec 15.
These cars have discount going on for at least last 5 months now. Wagon R Duo is a new Entry though.
Old 7th December 2007, 12:09   #621
BHPian

They announced the discounts saying they are No. 1 in row for customer satisfaction....
On the very next page(today's TOI, CHDG Edition) was an HYUNDAI advt. also telling that they are No. is some catgory. But they were not offering any discounts.
Also I observed that the discount on Santro was reduced from 4K + Insurance + Corp. Disc. to 2K + Insurance + Corp. Disc.
I wonder what are Hyundai's plan regarding the year ending sales...
Old 7th December 2007, 19:13   #622
BHPian

Also, seeing lot of ads about Corolla, with some discounts/offers. Are they planning to 'end-of-life' it? If so, it's welcome change, they badly need to upgrade it.
Old 7th December 2007, 19:29   #623
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_nars View Post
Also, seeing lot of ads about Corolla, with some discounts/offers. Are they planning to 'end-of-life' it? If so, it's welcome change, they badly need to upgrade it.
Toyota in India is now becoming ugly.

Their advertisements are now talking about depreciation, down-payment, assured minimum buy back (resale) value of Corolla after 3 years so you can but another car after 3 year!

Yuck!!!

There is nothing about the car that they can talk. Only about the money...

Just look at Honda advertisements:
First of all, they aren't frequent.
And they are more about the car (environment friendly, E-10 ready, CVT, iVtec, etc...) than downpayment and EMI's.

And now a thread on T-BHP saying Toyota is going to fit an italian CNG/LPG kit to Corolla....

Yuck!!!

I am getting more and more impressed by Honda. They launch all their latest cars in India, they are all by themselves while others are going crazy (taking engine from Fiat, sharing factory with GM, borrowing italian gas kits and retrofitting them just for the indian versions, etc)...

Long live and all the best, Honda...

Last edited by anandpadhye : 7th December 2007 at 19:31.
Old 8th December 2007, 13:54   #624
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Their advertisements are now talking about depreciation, down-payment, assured minimum buy back (resale) value of Corolla after 3 years so you can but another car after 3 year!
Typical trait in larger markets. Most of the ads in newspapers will only talk about pricing, while ads in other media (magazines, internet etc.) will list the attributes of that car.
Old 8th December 2007, 23:21   #625
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Just look at Honda advertisements:
First of all, they aren't frequent.
And they are more about the car (environment friendly, E-10 ready, CVT, iVtec, etc...) than downpayment and EMI's.
I agree about contents of Honda ads you pointed. But I am seeing frequent ads of Honda cars in Auto section in TOI. They advertise all their models city to CRV. Their anniversary edition of VTEC (ABS, etc) was advertised too much, IMHO.
Old 9th December 2007, 16:49   #626
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_nars View Post
I agree about contents of Honda ads you pointed. But I am seeing frequent ads of Honda cars in Auto section in TOI. They advertise all their models city to CRV. Their anniversary edition of VTEC (ABS, etc) was advertised too much, IMHO.

I guess it this particular case they were playing out to thier critics! It was a case of proving a point.

Also with new Accord expected soon i guess we would soon see (or are seeing) more of Accord specific ads to clear of inventory.

Elito
Old 10th December 2007, 10:55   #627
VBV
BHPian

Hi,

24 new cars to choose from next year

These cars might dent the figures quite a lot. Hopefully good cars like the Punto will bring in more value to the consumer for lesser money.
Old 10th December 2007, 22:36   #628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBV View Post
Hi,

24 new cars to choose from next year

These cars might dent the figures quite a lot. Hopefully good cars like the Punto will bring in more value to the consumer for lesser money.
Agree, overall it should help customers with more features and/or good VFM packages.
Old 11th December 2007, 13:08   #629
Senior - BHPian

I have published the SIAM figures for Nov 2007 sales here:

vasudeva - DOMESTIC SALES

Some key points:
1. Overall sales down 5.5% over 10/07 but a healthy 17.1% over 11/06.
2. MUL and Hyundai are posting healthy growth in compact segment. Spark/UVA-bookings not translated into sales so far. Production constraints?, since 2440 were produced in 11/07) or hype. Indica losing out. Fusion a total washout.
3. In mid size, all are down except MUL. This holds for month-on-month and year on year. Especially, Ford and HM are taking a severe beating. Hyundai's Verna has now slowed down. City in 11/07 down by 1084 units over 10/07. Logan declined sharply in 11/07. Indigo is sinking slowly but surely.
4. In executive segment, only Optra has gained over 10/07. Corolla is down by 80 units over 11/06. Civic is witnessing only a slow decline (expected).
5. UVs down over 10/07, but healthy growth over 11/06. Grand Vitara can be now called a flop with less than 100 units in 11/07. Safari is gaining. Endeavor steady but not exciting.
Old 11th December 2007, 14:34   #630
Team-BHP Support

Finally!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
I have published the SIAM figures for Nov 2007 sales here:
Somethings i felt interesting:
  • Grand Vitara sales are around 100. In a segment where 314 is the maximum, it cannot be called as 'flop'.
  • Logan & Indigo both down. However, logan is trailing far behind the Indigo.
  • 3- series has a huge lead over the C-class.
  • Hyundai manages to sell '1' Elantra
  • Ford overall sales are going down down! Fusion flopped, Fiesta down.
  • Fiat Palio Stile sales have become steady around the 230 units mark!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks