Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2011, 12:32   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: German Cars with HR and CH number plates in Mumbai!

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Which car do you want you get registered? For a car costing more than 20 Lakh the tax is double in Haryana- 8% compared to 4% in Chandigarh.
Either Vento or Jetta (if I can afford, then Jetta else Vento)

Vento TDI Highline-->9.4 ex-showroom.
Jetta Trendline--> I dunno, but between 10-20 lacs; that's one slab, right? So, the question is: How favourably does Chandigarh tax fare when compared to Gurgaon for the 10-20 lacs car?

Last edited by Abhi_Automobile : 28th July 2011 at 12:35.
Old 28th July 2011, 12:41   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Road Tax rates Hiked. Vehicles get expensive in Haryana *UPDATE* Apr'13 Hiked again

You will have to pay 6% of the car value in Haryana for cars costing between 10-20lakhs. You will have to pay 3% for cars costing 6-20lakhs in Chandigarh.

For Vento- 4% Haryana, 3% Chandigarh
For Jetta- 6% Haryana, 3% Chandigarh

Last edited by .anshuman : 28th July 2011 at 12:44.
Old 28th July 2011, 13:32   #18
BANNED

re: Road Tax rates Hiked. Vehicles get expensive in Haryana *UPDATE* Apr'13 Hiked again

@Anshuman -

Would be thankful if you may help me with this:

I have been quoted: Rs 44K for HR Registeration Optra LS, the Ex Showroon is 8.46L and the OTR is 9.43L

Now if 4% is charged on the Ex Showroom it comes to 34K

If it is charged on the OTR then also it comes to 38K.

Is the Reg. charge calculated on the OTR or Ex Showroom?

Thanks for all the help !!

Happy Motoring !!
Old 28th July 2011, 13:41   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquedo View Post
@Anshuman -

Would be thankful if you may help me with this:

I have been quoted: Rs 44K for HR Registeration Optra LS, the Ex Showroon is 8.46L and the OTR is 9.43L

Now if 4% is charged on the Ex Showroom it comes to 34K

If it is charged on the OTR then also it comes to 38K.

Is the Reg. charge calculated on the OTR or Ex Showroom?

Thanks for all the help !!

Happy Motoring !!
The tax is calculated at Ex-Showroom price. Car Dealerships always overcharge for Registration(they do not have any valid reason if asked), the reason i always get the car self registered. What's the harm if you can save 10-12k rupees for one hour's effort?
.anshuman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2011, 13:48   #20
BANNED

Quote:
The tax is calculated at Ex-Showroom price. Car Dealerships always overcharge for Registration(they do not have any valid reason if asked), the reason i always get the car self registered. What's the harm if you can save 10-12k rupees for one hour's effort?
Thanks Anshuman.

I had a word with my SA after I posted my queries, as per his inputs:

There are some parking charges and other misc. charges.

He was OK in giving me the break up, shall discuss with him at the time of booking.

The problem in my case is, I don't have my own place in GG but I am arranging for some docs to get it HR registered, getting it self registered would be a tough task, please correct me if I'm wrong and would be thankful if you may guide us all through the registration process.

Happy Motoring !!
Old 28th July 2011, 14:00   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquedo View Post
There are some parking charges and other misc. charges.

He was OK in giving me the break up, shall discuss with him at the time of booking.
There are some registration charges, MCG charges, Red Cross receipt etc but in total they cost no more than a few hundred bucks.

Quote:
The problem in my case is, I don't have my own place in GG but I am arranging for some docs to get it HR registered, getting it self registered would be a tough task, please correct me if I'm wrong and would be thankful if you may guide us all through the registration process.
I got my Laura registered in December, it's a very easy process. Did not take more than an hour in my case(there was not much rush that day).
  • Get the complete file(Already prepared by Dealership).
  • Add Address Proof and Pan Card Copy.
  • Get the car inspected outside Secreteriat gate(Check timings, AFAIK it's before 12pm on all working days).
  • Get the file checked at 2nd floor by assigned Police officer.
  • Pay the Fees + Tax at the common counter.
  • Submit the File and take the receipt, the reciept can be used as Registration Certificate until RC arrives.
  • Pick the RC after 15-20 days in exchange for the issued receipt.

If you stay in Gurgaon, the Lease Deed of your apartment will work as Address proof. Ration Card\Voter ID card will also work.

Last edited by .anshuman : 28th July 2011 at 14:01.
.anshuman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2012, 12:20   #22
BHPian

Can anyone please share the registration charges for 2 whellers in haryana and Chandigarh? I live in Panchkula and need to see which is better proposition.

Thanks.
Old 30th March 2013, 11:06   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Some more bad news for those looking to get a new car registered in Haryana, road tax rates are going to be hiked by around 2% in each segment, the new rates will be applicable from April 1, 2013.

4 Wheelers
Price bracket-------------New Rate-------------Old Rate
Upto 6 lakh------------------3%------------------2%
6-10 lakh--------------------6%------------------4%
10-20 lakh-------------------8%------------------6%
20+ lakh---------------------9%------------------8%

Last edited by .anshuman : 30th March 2013 at 11:08.
Old 30th March 2013, 11:27   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Road Tax rates Hiked. Vehicles get expensive in Haryana *UPDATE* Apr'13 Hiked aga

Quote:
  • Get the complete file(Already prepared by Dealership).
  • Add Address Proof and Pan Card Copy.
  • Get the car inspected outside Secreteriat gate(Check timings, AFAIK it's before 12pm on all working days).
  • Get the file checked at 2nd floor by assigned Police officer.
  • Pay the Fees + Tax at the common counter.
  • Submit the File and take the receipt, the reciept can be used as Registration Certificate until RC arrives.
  • Pick the RC after 15-20 days in exchange for the issued receipt.
Adding one more point- If the car was bought from some other state, for example- Delhi, you will have to get a NOC from Sales Tax office just behind the Mini Secretariat. If there is a tax rate difference between the state you bought the car from and the tax is higher in Gurgaon, you will have to pay the balance sales tax difference. For a Rexton bought from Delhi, my friend had to pay around 10k because ST rate is slightly lower in Delhi.

Quote:
If you stay in Gurgaon, the Lease Deed of your apartment will work as Address proof. Ration Card\Voter ID card will also work.
Lease Deed is no longer accepted as address proof, Bank statement from any bank is accepted though.
Old 10th December 2013, 01:21   #25
Senior - BHPian

Re: Road Tax rates Hiked. Vehicles get expensive in Haryana *UPDATE* Apr'13 Hiked aga

Just heard that taxes in Haryana and UT Chandigarh are going to be hiked to 20%,can anyone confirm the authenticity of the claim?
Old 23rd December 2013, 20:26   #26

Haryana Road Tax set to increase to 20%?

A friend of mine is considering the BMW 320d. The dealers are all pushing him to close out the purchase by 31st as they are all claiming that the road tax in Haryana (Gurgaon) is set to go up to 20%. Is this just a mere pressure selling tactic or my friend can safely wait till New Year?

- Ravi
Old 23rd December 2013, 21:40   #27
Senior - BHPian

Re: Haryana Road Tax set to increase to 20%?

Quote:
Originally Posted by raprakash View Post
A friend of mine is considering the BMW 320d. The dealers are all pushing him to close out the purchase by 31st as they are all claiming that the road tax in Haryana (Gurgaon) is set to go up to 20%. Is this just a mere pressure selling tactic or my friend can safely wait till New Year?

- Ravi
I thought these rate hikes usually get proposed as part of the annual budget. I can understand if they say March 31 but December 31 seems unlikely unless it was already part of last year's budget speech with a deferred implementation timeline. Also, 20% seems too outrageous to be true. It might be setting a new high in India.

Last edited by zenren : 23rd December 2013 at 21:42.
zenren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2013, 21:48   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Haryana Road Tax set to increase to 20%?

It currently is 9% for cars above 20L. A sudden and intimidate rise to 20% is highly improbable. Seems to be a dirty tactic used by the salesperson.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2014, 13:32   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by patil View Post
Still good. We in Karnataka pay any way between 13% to 20% on the ex showroom prices as road tax but still get to encounter one of the worst roads in Karnataka.

God save us and give some sense to policy makers and our chief minister who also is the finance minister of the state.

Wish we could buy cars in other less expensive states and use it in our states.
Exactly! Its atrocious that they charge us such a high rate for LTT. Even if we transfer an old car into Karnataka you need to pay almost the same amount with a 40 percent waiver for a 7 year old car. I had to let go off a Vitara just for this reason!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks