Team-BHP - Road Tax rates Hiked. Vehicles get expensive in Haryana *UPDATE* Apr'13 Hiked again
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Road Tax rates Hiked. Vehicles get expensive in Haryana *UPDATE* Apr'13 Hiked again (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/95188-road-tax-rates-hiked-vehicles-get-expensive-haryana-update-apr13-hiked-again.html)

Haryana Transport department has hiked the one time road tax for Two-wheelers and Four-Wheelers. Buyers will now have to pay 2% for cars with value upto Rs.5lakhs, Cars between Rs.5-10lakhs will be charged 4%, those costing between 10 and 20 lakhs 6% and those above 20lakhs will be charged 8%. Rates for two-wheelers have also been hiked.

Before hike cars upto Rs.10 lakhs were charged at 1% and those above it were charged 1.5%.

It was in yesterday's newspaper.
Registration charges in chandigarh,are still the cheapest,wondering if UT administration will follow the norm.

Seems there is no end in sight for road tax hikes across states. Will definitely hurt in the highest bracket.

Still these rates are in Haryana are reasonable comparing to the plight of those in Karnataka.

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay4587 (Post 2210312)
It was in yesterday's newspaper.
Registration charges in chandigarh,are still the cheapest,wondering if UT administration will follow the norm.

The road tax charges in Chandigarh will be Hiked soon. UT's basic road tax to be 2% of cost - The Times of India

Well this was hanging fire for a long time and finally it is upon us. I guess it is back to DL registration from the next vehicle onwards.

The rates in Haryana is still a lot cheaper than the prevailing rates in Kerala, which is a flat 6% for cars.

^^ Not for cars costing above 20L, they will be charged at 8% now.

Though the rates there are still comparatively cheaper than a host of other cities, no doubt this tiered structure will be a mood spoiler

I always kept comparing gurgaon to any other place, whenever i though of buying a car. Held of on buying a civic in bangalore, because i didnt want to foolishly shell out so much on roda tax, might as well wait and buy it when i go back to gurgaon

Does anybody have an update on what the rates are going to be in Chandigarh and from what date they will be made effective?

Thanks

Quote:

Though the rates there are still comparatively cheaper than a host of other cities, no doubt this tiered structure will be a mood spoiler

I always kept comparing gurgaon to any other place, whenever i though of buying a car. Held of on buying a civic in bangalore, because i didnt want to foolishly shell out so much on roda tax, might as well wait and buy it when i go back to gurgaon
Well, I wonder you even thought about it. If you are part of 'floating population', its a sin to even consider buying a new car in Bangalore. I mean, especially for people like you who plan to flock back to their native places in due course of time.

The better option is to bring your original car in Bangy, drive it as it is:D/pay taxes (depends on you). If you can't do that at all, buy a second hand car for insane prices for a few years.

Still good. We in Karnataka pay any way between 13% to 20% on the ex showroom prices as road tax but still get to encounter one of the worst roads in Karnataka.

God save us and give some sense to policy makers and our chief minister who also is the finance minister of the state.

Wish we could buy cars in other less expensive states and use it in our states.

@Abhi. Agree with you. Thats the reason I didnt go in for a Civic, though my wife and myself were very keen on buying it.t one look at the road tax on the brouchure was a dampner. Went ahead and picked up a Chevy Beat Lt for my qife instead. Paid almost 70k on tax. In the same range, in gurgaon, I would have had a host of other options and may bhave gobe in for the Honda Jazz, by stretching the budget a bit, for my wife

Still road tax in Haryana are pretty cheap, below are rates in TN

10% if ex-show room price less than 10L
15% if ex-show room price more than 10L

The above price is for 4 wheelers (read - Car, MUV, SUV)

Quote:

Originally Posted by .anshuman (Post 2244979)
^^ From what i have heard the local BMW dealer in Chandigarh takes care of registration process for outstation customers. I know someone who bought a BMW from Chandigarh and got it registered there, he is a resident of Gurgaon.

How much is the difference between HR and CH taxes for cars these days? I have Gurgaon residence but would like to see if I can reduce the tax. I have a lot of known people in Chandigarh and thus have alocal address:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile (Post 2446663)
How much is the difference between HR and CH taxes for cars these days? I have Gurgaon residence but would like to see if I can reduce the tax. I have a lot of known people in Chandigarh and thus have alocal address:D

Which car do you want you get registered? For a car costing more than 20 Lakh the tax is double in Haryana- 8% compared to 4% in Chandigarh.