Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2012, 10:56   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Hyundai's Customer Feedback Rating System

Here is my recent experience with TASS Feedback System (FIAT). Had taken my Palio 1.6 S10 for routine running repairs and had a mixed experience with the dealership (Concorde - Silk Board).

# The SA kept insisting that I give 10/10 when a call from company comes.

# 2 days later I get a call from concorde (Bangalore) asking for feedback and suggesting that i give 10/10 for feedback when call from company comes

# When the TATA/FIAT guys called up few days later, they were just interested in hurrying up with the process and the rating rather than listen to the specific issues or feedback I had. I would explain what the feedback or issue was but they would say, 'i am sorry sir.... will give this feedback to seniors.... etc etc..' and would come back to "how would you rate on 1-10"

Have given some critical feedback in areas where they deserved and some good feedback in areas where they did good. Let's see what happens next.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 14th January 2012 at 10:57.
Old 14th January 2012, 11:32   #32
BHPian

I gave my i10 for service on October 31st. They call me up yesterday (Jan 14) to get their feedback - again same - 1 - 7 (poor). Since they didnt even remove the excess water on the car and actually wet the mats and didnt bother to dry them resulting in the carpet being wet, I gave them a 7. Incidentally - i had consistently asked them for scan results after i was getting low mileage - they conveniently forget or give an excuse. After giving them a 7 rating, the person asked me to come at my convenience so that he could have the carpets dried and cleaned! - This guy didnt seem to understand the service was done on Oct 31st. Anyway i got tired of talking with him and i just agreed to bring it (obviously I wont) but didnt change the 7 rating -in all fairness, I explained to him why I gave the rating.
Old 14th January 2012, 11:57   #33
Team-BHP Support

I can confirm Hyundai's rating scale. It's displayed in the reception area of all their A.S.S. locations (across dealers). And they do call to follow up; not to remedy your issues, but to ask how you dared rate them below par (or excellent, on their scale).

I got my Accent serviced 3 weeks ago at Blue Hyundai (Mysore Road), and refused to give feedback on that absurd scale. Their Customer Relationship Manager asked me why not, and I said I'm more than willing to give feedback, just not on that retarded scale. I finally gave him detailed feedback on a plain sheet of paper (I had some major complaints regarding how the service was handled), and he promised to get back to me. No calls as of today, and I'm not expecting a response now.

Also, the A.S.S. guys are notorious at misquoting customers. How do I know? I once gave scathing remarks about overall service, but also mentioned that the mechanics handling my car were excellent and knowledgeable (credit where it's due). I go back for a minor niggle a week later and what do I see?

My name on the customer feedback board with the truncated comment: ".... Mechanics are excellent and knowledgeable......". I ripped that sheet out and told the Manager to either put up the entire feedback, or stop using my name to dupe other customers.
Old 14th January 2012, 12:03   #34
Senior - BHPian

Its the same in almost every company. I think its because they (CR managers) want to get a good score (9 or 10) from a customer everytime. They feel, if a customer gives 8 or anything less, then he was not "very" satisfied with the service & hence they call from the main office/HQ to know what went wrong, so that they can improve further.
Old 14th January 2012, 12:11   #35
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Its the same in almost every company. I think its because they (CR managers) want to get a good score (9 or 10) from a customer everytime. They feel, if a customer gives 8 or anything less, then he was not "very" satisfied with the service & hence they call from the main office/HQ to know what went wrong, so that they can improve further.
Then why not improve immediately by trying to fix the issues the customer has raised in his feedback? As it is, they just give you the vague "it helps us improve for future customers" tagline, while actually helping nobody. No service centre makes concrete promises to help, because then they'll actually need to help, which they aren't really inclined to do.

The 'improvement for the future' line is hogwash, because it's unverifiable and puts no pressure on them to do anything.
Old 14th January 2012, 13:25   #36
BHPian

Feed back calls are good. But what is the use. First of all the person who calls a customer will not be knowing any technicals. Even if a customer explains, the caller will neither understand or nor show any interest. The only reply you get is " We are sorry for this Saaar". Being sorry will not serve the purpose.I have given many feedbacks and till today no one calls me with any solution.

Feedback calls are mere sham and eye wash programs.
Old 14th January 2012, 16:23   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
For the record, the calls I've received from Tata (only car from my garage which still goes to the authorised service station) have a proper grading system.
GTO the Tata Feedback system is a joke even on paper. Most of the other cos have good systems on paper, but they get screwed up during implementation, as we're seeing with hyundai.

With Tata, their service quality monitoring ends a week after the delivery of the car. there is no long term quality monitoring (for ex if you have a recurring problem, and it shows up after the service call is closed, no one at Tata will bother about it.) Maruti SQS and other quality management systems are light years ahead or anything tata has implemented. For info on maruti SQS, have a look at http://www.slideshare.net/gopal_capr...r-satisfaction (Disclaimer: not mine, but this gentleman has uploaded it publicly, so I'll show it here than show mine)

Also see my post here
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2646265

Last edited by greenhorn : 14th January 2012 at 16:25.
Old 14th January 2012, 16:27   #38
BANNED

Last week my zen's front fender rhs was dented by M.A.S.S. After complaining they said they will dry dent it , i said no way i donot want patch up job . They than said you buy a new fender we will paint it for free . Inspite of complaining why should i be buying for there fault . they should be buying and painting completely .
Now they are asking excellent feedback for helping me . Really bad job is all i can say and totally unsatisfied. Also only when i stand beside the car during work at M.A.S.S am i able to get excellent results but if i leave it alone , always it has been terrible experience.
Old 28th May 2012, 12:38   #39
BHPian

I find it very funny that Hyundai's rating only covers three levels and 8/10 is poor.

Anyway on a call from Trident Hyundai Bangalore, I rated their service as 8 because, they were pouring oil from a central drum when replacing my i10's engine oil claiming they used the same oil for all cars. Also, when replacing the oil filter, the mechanic didn't smear the oil filter gasket before putting the new oil filter on (basic process) - shows that the mechanic doesnt even have basic knowledge. I fear to think what he would do if he was, say, asked to bring down a tranny.

Sure enough - I got a call from my SA asking why 8. I told him calmly the above reasons and horror or horrors, he straight away said that the mechanics aren't really trained properly - AND in the next breath asked me to change the rating to at least a 9. I also told him that in the future, I will bring my own oil because I cant trust their oil and I want to be next to the car (except when washing) when the service is being done.

I refused (politely of course) and there ends the conversation with a "Thank you" from him.
Old 28th May 2012, 13:45   #40
BHPian

Coming from a service industry, i am quite sure Hyundai is not giving the correct definition of the scale (M&M has got it right & this scale is used across all M&M group companies). The 10 point scale is used to calculate the NPS (net promoters score) which is now widely used across to calcuate the customer satisfaction scores.

1 to 6 is Negative rating (Detractors)
7 to 8 is Not negative neither positive (Passives)
9 to 10 is positive rating (Promoters)

So to find if your customer satisfaction is high or not, you need to minus the number of detractors (in% of total surveys) from number of promoters (in % again). Hence in this metric, you could also get negative scores which means you have more disatisfied customer than satisfied customer. This is preferred over averaging of csat scores since when you average the poor scores are masked by higher scores.

For eg if out of 5 customers rating you on scale of 1 to 10, 2 rate you 4 & 3 rate you 10, the average score would be 7.7 which out of 10 would indicate you are doing quite well. but if you use NPS, it would indicate your score is 20% which would indicate that you have satisfied customers but you also have dissatisfied customers.

for more details, check this link Net Promoter - What Is Net Promoter? - How to Calculate Your Score

Hope i didnt eloborate too much & confused people
urajkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2012, 14:16   #41
BANNED

Honda are the same. They only talk of 8 9 or 10 as options!!
Old 28th May 2012, 20:54   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorguy View Post
I find it very funny that Hyundai's rating only covers three levels and 8/10 is poor.

Sure enough - I got a call from my SA asking why 8. I told him calmly the above reasons and horror or horrors, he straight away said that the mechanics aren't really trained properly - AND in the next breath asked me to change the rating to at least a 9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Honda are the same. They only talk of 8 9 or 10 as options!!
I too find this Hyundai rating ridiculous. Come on, why should barely satisfied customer be expected to give 9 or 10 on a scale of 10? There is such a fine line between a satisfied customer and a happy customer.

But what strikes me is this: Even if a customer chooses to give 7-8 out of 10, what guarantee is there that the dealer will not "manipulate" the figures to arrive at a better-than-otherwise rating? After all, customers dont send ratings directly to Hyundai, but to its dealers. So, dealers could be at liberty to "score" all ratings as 9 or 10 on 10, even if customers had given other ratings.
Old 29th May 2012, 17:29   #43
mxx
BHPian

From my experience, even toyota service centre in Bangalore has similar rating scale.
I have seen atleast 1 maruti service centre feedback form with similar rating scale.

Not sure about other manufacturers.

I dont think this is specific to hyundai. We need to broaden the discussion
Old 29th May 2012, 18:47   #44
Senior - BHPian

IIRC, at the Tata-Fiat ASC I go to, there is an instruction on the form (to the CRM) to investigate any rating less than 10! I think it's more of a gimmick than anything else because I don't remember when was the last time they asked me to fill that form.

However, I do get calls from them 1 or 2 weeks after the visit to the service centre asking for feedback. Once I complained that the AC filter wasn't changed in the 1-year service - and I got a call from the concerned SA within 5 minutes explaining what had happened.

Last edited by StarrySky : 29th May 2012 at 18:48.
Old 30th May 2012, 11:11   #45
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
IIRC, at the Tata-Fiat ASC I go to, there is an instruction on the form (to the CRM) to investigate any rating less than 10! I think it's more of a gimmick than anything else because I don't remember when was the last time they asked me to fill that form.
Ever a sceptic. It may be there to scare you from giving a lower rating, else they will chew your ears off.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks