Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2011, 16:53   #1
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai's Customer Feedback Rating System

If ever there was an eyewash of a rating system, it is Hyundai's.

We recently gave our i10 for second service to Advaith Hyundai on Bannerghatta Road. Overall experience was ok except that:
1. We had asked them to remove stickers from the boot, which they had not done. Had to specifically get them removed.
2. Car was ready but billing and hand over of the car still took nearly 45 minutes.

These couple of points did not leave a good after taste.
Couple of days later, i get a call from Advaith asking for feedback. Here is their rating system:
1 to 8 : Poor
9 : Good
10: Excellent

First, what is the point in having 8 points for the same category? Why not just call it 1,2,3 and be done with it? Maybe they want to claim that their customers are more than 90% satisfied with their services!

Second, what do i choose if i have had an average experience? 8.5??

Third, if you don't give a rating of 9 or 10, you will get a call from the main Hyundai office where you will have to repeat all your experiences to the person there. And then a week or two later, you will get ANOTHER call, this time from the service station asking for feedback again!! In fact, the first time i gave my feedback to Advaith BG Road, i was almost warned that if i give 8 or less, i will get a call from Hyundai head office! It is almost like if you don't give a good feedback, you will get harassed by their phone calls!

I'd definitely give a 3/10 to their feedback system for sure!

How do others deal with this? I was nearly pissed off that the only choices are poor, good and excellent!

Last edited by amitoj : 18th January 2011 at 16:58.
Old 18th January 2011, 18:16   #2
BHPian

Re: Hyundai's Customer Feedback Rating System

Hi,
In one of the i20 posts, we can see that this feedback does not have any impact as the person is going on writing emails to the HMIL regarding the problem being faced,but no concrete feedback, as you said it is just for namesake i beleive
Old 18th January 2011, 18:51   #3
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
2. Car was ready but billing and hand over of the car still took nearly 45 minutes.
Have you had a better experience else where?

Be it a Honda, Chevy or Maruti, bill generation-payment-gate pass, I have never got past these under 30-45min!

Funny about the rating system though.

Maruti calls asking if there was any complaint after the service, no rating.

As frustrating it might be, guess you could entertain the Hyundai head office guys for your feedback. And of course hope that the feedback doesn't have a negative effect on your next service!
Old 18th January 2011, 19:12   #4
VMC
BHPian

same is the case with Maruti also.
Any rating below 8 then you will get bombarded with calls from service station and also Maruti Suzuki.
Since I own both Suzuki and Hyundai cars, I feel Maruti service is way better though they have the same rating scale.
Also Hyundai service Trident is not good(Kanakapura Road) They charge 350rs for washing and give back the car with spots all over the roofs, leather seats.
IMO these service centres are nothing but a way to make money without any respect to customer views or car.
Old 18th January 2011, 19:17   #5
BHPian

I too experienced this stupid feedback system of Hyundai. I had given my i20 to fix the steering rattle along with servicing and these guys took 1 extra day than promised to get the job done. While taking my car out of the service station this guy comes up and hands me a card asking me to rate their service, i thought i was being generous giving a 9/10 in spite of the delay but this fellow had the audacity to ask me why i didn't give him a 10/10, i was confused and angry whether i should really waste my time explaining why or to start yelling at him, i took the rating card from him and drove off
Old 18th January 2011, 19:20   #6
Senior - BHPian

@amitoj,
I do agree with you. Their feedback system is non-sense. I believe it is staged by them. Try giving them less than 8, they will never call you again for feedback. I bet, you won't get a call from the Hyundai head office also. I am saying this with experience.
Old 18th January 2011, 19:29   #7
Senior - BHPian

I too agree with you..in fact I have stopped filling these cards. My last experiance with capital Hyundai has been quite disastrous. they took 45 minutes just to open a job card for the front P/W motor replacement and lubricating the rear window motors as they were slow in responding.
Asked for drycleaning and my car was delivered in a disastrous condition http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2202065.

Got a call ater two days and had to give them an earful, yet nothing happened. These ratings are utter useless and do nothing to really "improve" the quality of service.

What Hyundai really needs is to revamp the service policies and cut down the labour rates, which are obscenely high.

Last edited by sidindica : 18th January 2011 at 19:31.
Old 18th January 2011, 19:59   #8
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Amit ji,

Im not sure about Hyundai, but after every service for my swift at Pratham, i get a feedback card which is to be mailed to Maruti directly.

The first time i had ranked them below 7, post that i received calls from the maruti call center & the service advisor at Pratham to know the reason for my rating.

According to them, anything below 8 i guess is a failure in eyes of Maruti & its taken very seriously on the dealer performance.

It is also for the excellent after sales service of pratham that i continue to retain my Swift & havent sold it. I am yet to see any manufacturer give customer service as good as Maruti.

From my personal experience, even Toyota, Honda, BMW cannot match the after sales experience that Maruti has given me.
Old 18th January 2011, 20:07   #9
Senior - BHPian

I once wrote on the feedback form itself...your feedback system is itself wrong. How can 7 or 8 possibly be poor??? One time I had given 9 in one of the ratings...the SA looked at me suspiciously and said....."Saar Whyyyyyyyyyyy?". I said 10/10 is perfect, which you certainly are not, end of discussion.

I have undestood Hyundai and their awful workshop's mentality completely....as long as you play ball and give them good ratings, you are a "good" customer. The day you complain, you transform into a "jhik jhik" customer and if you keep on complaining about something, they stop answering you. The Customer Care is a bloody joke, so are the Area managers and Regional managers sitting in the RO. These idiots only understand the language of gaalis and slaps. If you create a ruckus at the workshop and start blasting them, they will answer you promptly. You try to nice with them, they will start ignoring you sooner or later. Let me tell you some of them are members of Team-bhp too are proudly have team-bhp stickers in their cars.

We had got a call from JD Power survey about the experience with our Hyundai dealership( Om Hyundai, Junagadh). My brother ,really angry with Om Hyundai's service standard and inability to solve issues with our car, gave a rating of 0 to 3 in all aspects. The RO in Ahmedabad came to know about our ratings given to Om Hyundai and informed the workshop. We were told by the WM in Junagadh that we were the only ones who gave such poor rating and apparently the RO and the workshop weren't happy with it, hence all this drama of ignoring us, damaging the car on purpose and calling me a "jhik jhik wala" and "paagal"(behind my back and to others).

All it shows is that they are bunch of revenge driven thugs. Our car, after the EPS failure, was left stranded for a month, inspite of several mails and calls, they were not willing to send us proper help. One one occasion, I was told to drive the car as it is(with a rock hard and malfunctioning steering) to Rajkot!!!!

When these Hyundai wallahs don't bother to respond or take any action against the dealership inspite of a detailed complaint and God knows how many calls & e-mails, you think they bother about these feedback forms. The RO and the workshop are hand in hand in seeing to it that the customer is painted in a negative way in front of the company( if at all an enquiry comes from "top"). No doubt there are "good" Hyundai workshops, but what about the horrible ones filled with incompetent SAs, technicians and a WM? Will action ever be taken against such erring workshops? I don't think so.

Last edited by skanchan95 : 18th January 2011 at 20:20.
Old 18th January 2011, 21:47   #10
Senior - BHPian

Amitoj, you should give a 3/10 and just wait for one phone call. When that comes, tell them to mail you a different feedback form and ask them to continue only through mails. Also when you cannot give 8.5, give it a 8, why worry, maybe they want to be branded poor only, not average ! cheers mate
Old 18th January 2011, 22:32   #11
BHPian

Not sure if its a ploy. Is it possible to have two scales? One at dealership level and one at company level? If the dealership manages to get atleast 8 from customer, which is weighted at a different scale at company level. Is that possible?

I got this feeling because, i remember the service advisor reminding me of giving the same rating if someone calls from Hyundai.
Old 19th January 2011, 08:06   #12
Senior - BHPian

Its not just with Hyundai but I feel with every car manufacturer. Even with Ford I had brought out this issue and asked them what they do with the customer feedback. i was told that it is sent to the Chennai main office for review.

What I fail to understand is that if I am writing a feedback about the dealer attitudes how would sending it to Chennai help. I personally feel the feedback form is totally an eyewash.

What the car companies could do is start an online customer feedback on Ford website and publish the outcomes of the same maybe half yearly or annually.
Old 19th January 2011, 14:41   #13
Senior - BHPian

I think it's not just Hyundai. Today I got a call from Volkswagen for a feedback. On a scale of 1-10 where 1-7 is poor, 8-9 good and 10 excellent!
Old 19th January 2011, 15:58   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Its not just with Hyundai but I feel with every car manufacturer. Even with Ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
I think it's not just Hyundai.
Yes. It's the same feedback system followed by FIAT also. Similar ratings, Similar responses... and so on.
What's surprising here is that TASS people take it (Feedback scores from FIAT customers) very seriously.
Old 19th January 2011, 18:25   #15
BHPian

I have seen that Hyundai Service Advisors always expect a 10. If I try to rate anything below that, they say "Sir, Please tell your concerns and we'll address it but do not give us below 10"

I have seen Maruti also follows the same where 1 to 8 is poor, 9 is good and 10 is excellent.

It could be Poor, Poorer and Poorest.

I recently saw this is a Maruti ASC. I will try to get a photo the next time I visit.

Most Viewed