Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2009, 23:49   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
6 crores? I wouldn't surprised if atleast 1 makes it onto the roads. The 'big-name' people ought to be the ones headed to the Bugatti showroom.
After the duties, registration etc. it's bound to cost Rs.12 crore+
Old 10th March 2009, 23:55   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayabusa View Post
After the duties, registration etc. it's bound to cost Rs.12 crore+
. 6 crores is way too cheap. Considering it sells for a million euros in Europe. 1 million euros=7 crores. So closer to 15 crores in India, I'd say.
Old 11th March 2009, 00:27   #33
Senior - BHPian

I went out on Delhi streets for 3 nights in a row. Saw Gallardos , Posches , Bentleys , RR , Even Aston and even a ferrari , but no bugatti. And i'm sure it wont hit the indian roads ever .
Old 11th March 2009, 00:47   #34
BHPian

porsche owns VW and VW group owns bentley, audi , lamporghini. and buggati. skoda too. they are one big happy family. so this is not a surprise. but veyron here??

it is the fastest car as far as my knowledge goes
imagine going at a speed 400 kph(1001 hp) on indian highways. and a cow comes in the middle.

the veyron is incredible car. 1001 horses is not a joke. this car is meant for autobahns. not for india. but if bentleys and lambo can sell here so can the buggati's

btw tom cruise owns one.

Last edited by Caramelo : 11th March 2009 at 00:50.
Old 11th March 2009, 01:13   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
I went out on Delhi streets for 3 nights in a row. Saw Gallardos , Posches , Bentleys , RR , Even Aston and even a ferrari , but no bugatti. And i'm sure it wont hit the indian roads ever .
PICS!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo View Post
porsche owns VW and VW group owns bentley, audi , lamporghini. and buggati. skoda too. they are one big happy family. so this is not a surprise. but veyron here??

it is the fastest car as far as my knowledge goes
imagine going at a speed 400 kph(1001 hp) on indian highways. and a cow comes in the middle.

the veyron is incredible car. 1001 horses is not a joke. this car is meant for autobahns. not for india. but if bentleys and lambo can sell here so can the buggati's

btw tom cruise owns one.
It's not the point about whether you use the car or not, is it? Expensive cars sell as a style statement in India. Forget Lamborghini etc., even M5's are overpowered for Indian roads.

Buying a 10 crore+ car in India is a really big statement. People buy houses for that much.
Old 11th March 2009, 01:28   #36
Senior - BHPian

There we go again, the veyron coming to India.After all the hue and cry of a veyron being spotted on indian roads,now we have one coming officially.These news paper reports cannot be trusted ,they have made mistakes in the past too.I dont think there is much a chance of veyron coming here.Why would a manufacturer take all the trouble of building a showroom and providing A.S.S for 1 or 3 cars?.

What next Mclaren launching the F1 to provide competition?
Old 11th March 2009, 03:53   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
There we go again, the veyron coming to India.After all the hue and cry of a veyron being spotted on indian roads,now we have one coming officially.These news paper reports cannot be trusted ,they have made mistakes in the past too.I dont think there is much a chance of veyron coming here.Why would a manufacturer take all the trouble of building a showroom and providing A.S.S for 1 or 3 cars?.

What next Mclaren launching the F1 to provide competition?
Same reason why Rolls Royce opened a showroom.
Old 11th March 2009, 07:19   #38
BHPian

i saw this show called geneva motor show which was hosted on UTVi .they interviewed bugatti's some official he said we will sure look out for india as it is an emerging market.
Old 11th March 2009, 18:50   #39
BHPian

Bugatti in India. Is this real? People might buy the car to make a statement but there is not a single road in India which can match the power of the car. Its too much. People can buy it and keep it for show perhaps!!
Old 11th March 2009, 18:53   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f450 View Post
Same reason why Rolls Royce opened a showroom.
Rolls-Royce has sold close to 35 cars in India.With Bugatti we are talking about one or two.
Old 11th March 2009, 21:25   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevciti View Post
Bugatti in India. Is this real? People might buy the car to make a statement but there is not a single road in India which can match the power of the car. Its too much. People can buy it and keep it for show perhaps!!
Not exactly, we got some pretty good roads on the metros, but we may need to get the permission from 'Airport Authority of India'.
Old 11th March 2009, 21:31   #42
v10
BHPian

This thread is a joke without any official statement from bugatti to enter the indian market.
Old 11th March 2009, 21:37   #43
Senior - BHPian

I suggest this thread be locked.
Old 11th March 2009, 22:07   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
Rolls-Royce has sold close to 35 cars in India.With Bugatti we are talking about one or two.
Rolls Royce sold 35 cars which cost 4 crores each. That's (35x4) Rs.140 crores worth of cars.

Bugatti can sell just nine cars (15 crores x 9) and catch up. One Bugatti sold is equal to four Rolls-Royce Phantoms sold. And if I'm not wrong, Rolls at the most is selling around four Phantoms a year. Right?
Old 11th March 2009, 22:34   #45
Senior - BHPian

But F450 , it is not allowed to get LHD cars into India anymore.
And Bugatti does not make RHD cars.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks