Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2005, 12:25   #1
Senior - BHPian

Bugatti is coming...to INDIA (maybe in 2010)!!!

watch out ferrari; hide yourself, bentley- the mighty veyron is headed here- to INDIA...!!!

at least that's what today's mumbai mirror is telling our aam junta...!!! there's an article in today's mumbai mirror about the forthcoming launches in India, and guess what- they've quoted the Veyron as one of the 30 different models headed over here.....

the price, you ask..? oh well, just a little over 10 crores...

hmm...wonder what the road authorities are gonna do to the expressway to accomodate the veyron...i can already hear BPCL running helter-skelter to launch speed 101 octane; or perhaps bugatti will slightly "detune" the engine to accomodate our fuel- so maybe the engine will produce "only 950 bhp" instead of the original 1001 (987) ponies...

i would PAY big money, to see hormazd or AJD or yogendra take the veyron out for a spin, and do the usual top speed and F.E runs, on mumbai/pune/Indian roads......
Old 29th December 2005, 12:33   #2
Senior - BHPian

wouldnt happen..veryon is a waste even in countries like the US..but still if I had the money I would get one..
Old 29th December 2005, 13:08   #3
BHPian

i guess it is more suitable to transport the last minute passengers in the Airports .

It will only be a statement and nothin else..
Old 29th December 2005, 13:43   #4
Senior - BHPian

I really dont belive these press buys until there is some concrete info on the same. The Veyron is a complete waste on our roads. Its a problem to drive that car on the roads abroad India is a totally different scenario all together.

Lastly I wonder if the veyron is currently made in RHD
Old 29th December 2005, 14:06   #5
Senior - BHPian

pure waste on indian roads. pure waste. . i have no words to describe how bad ill feel if i see one on indian road, (purely from what the car deserves as a road). our diving etiquettes are the worse, we drive on the road like the whole road is owned by some one in our family, so purely on the basis of DRIVING ETIQUETTES WE DO NOT DESERVE A 1000 BHP "MOTHER OF A CAR".
Old 29th December 2005, 14:59   #6
Senior - BHPian

I did read that someone advertised tht its a great car to go for going for shopping for your wife And tehn the magazie or so quoted that teh car doesnt have space for shopign bags even.

at 4km/lit and with 300 units, I am worried about its FE and availabilty of parts :P

Anyway I would be happy to see on Indian road.. ahemm..soil/pothole ...
Old 29th December 2005, 15:01   #7
BHPian

The veyron on indian roads.. that would be a site to behold. but frankly i don't think its gonna reach indian shores.
Old 29th December 2005, 15:05   #8
BHPian

There is no way the Veyron is going to reach India anytime soon
Old 29th December 2005, 15:14   #9
Senior - BHPian

seems unlikely to me atleast not in the near future ...

we should wait for the ferrari's to launch here first and then talk ..Bugatti might as well should go to china before they come here ..

automobile marked has grown tremendously in india but not yet graduated to the bugatti level ...
Old 29th December 2005, 15:19   #10
Senior - BHPian

It should not, and will not happen.

Our roads dont deserve veyron yet, anyone with enough money to buy would know they couldnt drive it to a milllionth of its potential, and not that many non-enthusiast people would have heard of bugatti anyway, so the wow-factor will be slightly reduced( insignificant considering its fastest-car-in-the-world status).
Old 29th December 2005, 19:08   #11
BHPian

With the print media opening their mouths again and again about these Supercar manufacturers being so eager to get their cars to India, i woner how much truth is there in that. Agreed that India has more potential customers than a few other countries in which these manufacturers have stepped, but then do we have the infrastucture to run these cars? And yeah talking about potential, then why dont the big bike manufacturers launch their big bikes here then?

I guess the upcoming Auto-Expo will finally tell us who really is making the move into our country.
Old 29th December 2005, 22:16   #12
BHPian

well if i had 10 crores i will buy 5 to 10 good cars may be mustang or gt's or ferrari or lambos to racer boys and have a go at them lol!
boy i think india is still the 1cr 2cr market place it is try to make room for them still
and no more sapce is available
Old 29th December 2005, 23:26   #13
Senior - BHPian

before gawking at the amazing piece of information from yet another reporter, gauge this; the world's fastest four-seater, the continental GT, has been here since the past few months. but how many have we seen on the roads, apart from the SELECT 1 or 2...?

the veyron could be on it's way over here, but...i doubt if anybody would scrouge the moolah to actually own one; the 5-crore maybach, has only been sold in limited numbers that you can count with your fingers. but then, that's a luxo-barge. nobody, except perhaps mr. mallya or singhania, would splurge on the veyron (and that's not because of lack of billionaires in India- only because of the lack of billionaire enthusiasts)....

as for the RHD...hmmm....bugatti hasn't specified any RHD kit on the options list, but that could change, if there is enough demand for a RHD; but then, perhaps you can ask mr. ettore to give you an RHD for an extra $100,000- i'm sure he wouldn't mind, as he's already charging 1.2 million...

i would love it if somebody bought the mighty bugatti over here; as a showpiece, or perhaps as an automotive artefact, if not anything else- at least we could ogle at the most awesome piece of machinery on the face of the earth (and if lucky, perhaps we could hear it roar once in a while).....
Old 30th December 2005, 03:27   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It should not, and will not happen.

Our roads dont deserve veyron yet
It is these cars that deserve Indian roads and not vice versa.Dont ever talk low of indian roads.The Ferrari 360 spider in chennai goes on the ECR trip everyday.EVERYDAY!!! And thats becos the surface, the corners, the twisties,.. on the ECR are haven for a supercar.

Anyways, i would bet on anything that the veyron wont come to india for another 5 years minimum and might never come at all.
Old 30th December 2005, 09:53   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
I did read that someone advertised tht its a great car to go for going for shopping for your wife And tehn the magazie or so quoted that teh car doesnt have space for shopign bags even.

at 4km/lit and with 300 units, I am worried about its FE and availabilty of parts :P

Anyway I would be happy to see on Indian road.. ahemm..soil/pothole ...
anyone buying a veyron (the most expensive production car) would not be thinking about F.E
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks