Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2011, 12:27   #1
BHPian

FIAT'S India bound Small Car

I don't know what was Fiat thinking but sources say that there will be a new small car from FIAT by 2012.

As Sources say that "Mr. Rajiv Kapoor, MD Fiat India said"

“It will be an all-new car, nothing to do with any of our other models and will be priced aggressively. It will compete with the Alto and will have a one-litre engine. The new car will be an India-specific one, made in India, made for India, keeping in mind the country’s unique terrain and temperatures. Our R&D team is working day in and day out to develop the car that meets consumers’ needs in the best manner. The small car market in India is blazing and there is intense competition. The entry level car space excites us”

source: wheelosphere
Fiat India Small Car Launch | Indian Car and Bike Blog

FIAT'S India bound Small Car-fiatindiasmallcar_11024x631.jpg

FIAT'S India bound Small Car-fiatindiasmallcar_21024x635.jpg
Old 25th January 2011, 12:30   #2
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)
Re: FIAT'S India bound Small Car

very pretty indeed. like a baby 500.
but the 2 door may not succeed here because we prefer 4 doors.
and Im reasonably sure that the fancy trims and alloys and fat tyres wont be standard on account of "engineering to a cost".
hope they do offer the safety features etc in this too - at a competitive price.
also hope they dont underpower it terribly or use that ancient old Uno engine in it. that would be sad if they did.

but lets hope for the best!
Old 25th January 2011, 12:36   #3
Senior - BHPian

Not sure if its only me, doesn't this look a bit similar to the i10?

Whatever, wishing all the best to FIAT. We need some good products (not that their current products are bad - they are excellent) for India. However, before bringing out a volume product, please improve the service coverage, and also improve the quality of A-S-S
Old 25th January 2011, 12:41   #4
Senior - BHPian

It is very pretty, attractive, and cute. I like

Uno 1 litre engine not possible, emission norms have made it completely useless for new cars, I think.

Any idea when in 2012 we can expect to see this cutie on our roads?
Old 25th January 2011, 12:42   #5
Senior - BHPian

Beautiful! It looks like a mix of Spark, Getz, tail-lamps from CRV but a proper mix. A tasty bhel indeed. I would wish Fiat all the best for this model.

PS: I think this car can have Alto like build quality?
Old 25th January 2011, 12:49   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Beautiful! It looks like a mix of Spark, Getz, tail-lamps from CRV but a proper mix. A tasty bhel indeed. I would wish Fiat all the best for this model.

PS: I think this car can have Alto like build quality?
Agree , but I would like to include I-10 also (IMO).
Old 25th January 2011, 12:54   #7
Senior - BHPian

A Nice cute car!

Quote:

Quote from Link:

Taking clues from current Fiat models in various markets we prepared this projection. We expect Fiat India’s small car will be a ground up design but will have some amount of component sharing to control the cost. The new small car has some similarity with latest Fiat Uno and Panda.
This car might look similar to i10, Ritz etc, but remember that the design cues are originally from Uno and Panda which were launched long before!
Old 25th January 2011, 12:57   #8
Senior - BHPian

This is good news for the small car market. It looks like Fiat finally will have a product that will have the volumes. Its easier to migrate from selling a hot hatch to a small car than the other way around. As always, I hope this throw of the dice works for Fiat
Old 25th January 2011, 13:15   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
This is good news for the small car market. It looks like Fiat finally will have a product that will have the volumes. Its easier to migrate from selling a hot hatch to a small car than the other way around. As always, I hope this throw of the dice works for Fiat

Agreed with your point but going a slight off-topic. FIAT has not yet got there basics right. They still depend of TATA to marketing, sales and service. The new car from FIAT will be powered with FIAT's multi-air engines and soon we can see the same in TATA Cars also.
Old 25th January 2011, 13:18   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashok_lat View Post
They still depend of TATA to marketing, sales and service. The new car from FIAT will be powered with FIAT's multi-air engines and soon we can see the same in TATA Cars also.
But what's the harm in it at the end of the day? A small car maker needs to have 100's os A.S.S. Tata's would be able to provide the same to them instantly.
Old 25th January 2011, 13:26   #11
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks good

Yes the rear reminds one of the I10 but this looks much better. We can also assume that coming from fiat it will be the most planted tall boy small car.

Looks quite cute a bit like the 500, of course only the 4 door version will make it to India.
Old 25th January 2011, 13:29   #12
BHPian

There is no harm in that, but for a long run if they don't establish themselves very well in a growing market like India or they will be facing the consequences just like whats happening with there sales right-now(low no of sales).
Old 25th January 2011, 13:31   #13
Senior - BHPian

Once again proves Italians are the best exterior car designers. Looks beautiful yet practical. Doesn't resemble any other car IMO.
Old 25th January 2011, 13:35   #14
BHPian

But for me it resembles A-Star in the front(near the bonnet and headlamps) and I10 in the rear.
Old 25th January 2011, 13:41   #15
Senior - BHPian

If Fiat releases the small car with similar build quality of the Palio/Punto and Linea, customers who have perception of bad A.S.S of Tata-Fiat, may easily take their chances, given its priced appropriately, VFM. I am sure that the plastic quality and panel gaps and small niggling issues if any would be ignored if its VFM car. We can safely assume that Fiat would plonk a quality engine. If it has to compete with the likes of i10, Fiat needs to get the plastics right on, else they will be left behind the compitition. Hope Fiat do their home work properly and release the right car rather than just another car.

Last edited by funkykar : 25th January 2011 at 13:42.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks