Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2014, 18:42   #46
BHPian

re: Pune - New car registration formalities and mandatory documents!

Quote:
Originally Posted by acsandeep View Post
From what i have understood, the cop has learned about why you are in desperate need of a police verification. Big mistake. In my case i told the cops that its required as part of the society rules. I am not sure of Maval, in my case i had gone to Wanowarie ps situated near Hadapsar industrial area and i had got it "on the spot". Sorry to say you would have to pay convenience charges aka. bribe.
well, to be honest when he was putting it away in the cupboard I asked him that I'll take a xerox as I have to submit for my society. That's how it started. After that I said It is required everywhere, even if I buy a vehicle it is required; and it went on.
I realized I can't argue with an unreasonable person. So I've just quit. I called up the dealer and told him if he's unable to process he'd better cancel off the deal. It's then things fell in place (well, sort of) and I received my car yesterday. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and am hoping to get my number tomorrow.
Old 29th March 2015, 22:33   #47
BHPian

Hi, Any recent experiences with registering a new car?
If I have a registered rent agreement, is a tenant verification certificate from Police station still required?
Old 30th March 2015, 11:38   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotirajendra View Post
Hi, Any recent experiences with registering a new car?
If I have a registered rent agreement, is a tenant verification certificate from Police station still required?
Yes it is required. I got registered my new car in December, 2014.

Take the format of the tenant verification form from the Police station in your area and keep two copies of them.One for their record and other for you.

They may require your ID proof, permanent resi proof and your office ID proof along with registered agreement.
amit@kumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2015, 17:05   #49
BHPian

Hi All,

A quick question, What would be the accepted address proof for my brother if he stays with me & purchasing a new car. Normally this won't need any rent agreement between us & I don't have it either. But how to go about registering the vehilce. Can Index-II in his name (THAT CARRIES FATHER'S NAME AS WELL) help?

I have ID proof, permanent resi proof, office ID proof & Letter from HR stating my address!! Old & Current electricity bills (in his name) are also available.

IF you talk about permanent address, he recently moved to Pune from Indore. I do have passport carrying my pune address, but his all docs have Indore addresses.

Thanks..

Regards,
Saurabh.

Last edited by saurabh2711 : 5th June 2015 at 17:23.
Old 5th June 2015, 18:03   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Pune - New car registration formalities and mandatory documents!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh2711 View Post

A quick question, What would be the accepted address proof for my brother if he stays with me & purchasing a new car. Normally this won't need any rent agreement between us & I don't have it either. But how to go about registering the vehilce. Can Index-II in his name (THAT CARRIES FATHER'S NAME AS WELL) help?

I have ID proof, permanent resi proof, office ID proof & Letter from HR stating my address!! Old & Current electricity bills (in his name) are also available.
Get his LIC policy address changed to your address. I have gotten a car registered with this as a valid proof. However, it all depends on the agent you use.
The Pune RTO is amongst the worst, you cannot get anything done without going via an agent. I once sent my driver to book a VIP number for my cars and the officer flatly refused to let him reserve a number until he got it done via an agent. Ultimately I had no choice but to pay the agent a fee to book my numbers, which otherwise would have gotten done with just the official receipt fee. The agents and officers have a nexus of revenue sharing.

Your best bet would be go find an agent and have him suggest a way forward in your case.
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2015, 11:35   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Get his LIC policy address changed to your address. ... have him suggest a way forward in your case.
Many thanks Sahil & apologies for reverting late.

The guys at Pundit did suggested that my brother to update LIC Policy address.

However as he stays with me & had to be proved that he does, i was asked to sign an affedavite (Pratigya Patra), along with all the documents related to my address & identity along with his Identity documents . We had to get all of these noterized from notaries around the court area. The affedavite stated that I had no objection on my brother (staying with me), purchasing & registering a car at my address. Our Photos were embedded as well, all this was done on e-seva kendra.

Was successfull, all docs accepted & car registered eventually.

Thanks again.

Regards,
Saurabh.
Old 16th November 2016, 15:57   #52
BHPian

Reviving an old thread. My friend had purchased a two wheeler on 4th of November 2016. All documents have been submitted on the same day.

Dealer has also confirmed that everything is done from their side.

12 days so far and no SMS from the RTO. Any idea how long MH-12 RTO takes to allocate a number ?
Old 16th November 2016, 16:25   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by para_7k View Post
Any idea how long MH-12 RTO takes to allocate a number ?
2 weeks is reasonable time for Pune RTO to allocate a new registration number.
Considering Diwali rush for new vehicles, staff on diwali leave, it would have taken them longer to allocate a number. It had taken 16 days for my relative's 2-wheeler in April.
Old 16th November 2016, 16:49   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
2 weeks is reasonable time for Pune RTO to allocate a new registration number.
Considering Diwali rush for new vehicles, staff on diwali leave, it would have taken them longer to allocate a number. It had taken 16 days for my relative's 2-wheeler in April.
Thanks Sukiwa. Did you mean 16 calendar days or 16 working days ?
I am not sure if the de-monetisation also could lead to delays though it does not directly impact the RTO.
Old 18th November 2016, 10:37   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Did you mean 16 calendar days or 16 working days ?
It took 16 calendar days & it was bought during festive occasion of Gudi Padwa (marathi new year) causing delays.
Owner didn't get SMS about number allocation but dealer called to inform allocated number and requested to get number plate fixed.
Old 22nd November 2016, 17:24   #56
BHPian

18 days from the payment and no signs from the RTO yet. This is certainly annoying and dealer has no clue what is happening at the RTO.

Is there a way where we can track actually what is happening ?
Old 22nd November 2016, 19:00   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
18 days from the payment and no signs from the RTO yet. This is certainly annoying and dealer has no clue what is happening at the RTO.

Is there a way where we can track actually what is happening ?
There are definitely issues with the Pune RTO. Its been a month and a half since we completed all RTO formalities, no sign of RC. A few months back there were news reports about tremendous backlog, ostensibly due to lack of paper ?
Link.
Old 23rd November 2016, 08:48   #58
Senior - BHPian

Yes, delays have become a norm. For used vehicles, it's even more. Still awaiting updated RC document for change of owner, 7 months have passed so far.
Old 23rd November 2016, 10:02   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Nearly 3 months since I registered my CLA at Pune RTO and yet no sign of the RC. They claim it will be sent directly to my Pune address via post. Even the SMS service of the RTO yet doesn't show my details.
Is there a way to pick up the RC from the RTO directly to speed up the process?

Last edited by Sahil : 23rd November 2016 at 10:04.
Old 23rd November 2016, 10:44   #60
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Nearly 3 months since I registered my CLA at Pune RTO and yet no sign of the RC. They claim it will be sent directly to my Pune address via post. Even the SMS service of the RTO yet doesn't show my details.
Is there a way to pick up the RC from the RTO directly to speed up the process?

AFAIK The RC will be sent to your registered address via post, You can not pick it up from the RTO. On the other hand you can get an extract from the Pune RTO.

My Nano (used) was bough on 28th July 2016. I received the extract on 30th July and got the RC just before Diwali. It's ridiculous the way this RTO functions. Since September 2015 I have generally observed that it takes roughly 4-5months to receive the RC in case of used cars.

Most Viewed