Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2011, 19:20   #1
BHPian

Mahindra Xylo-based pick-up 'Genio' launched in India

Mahindra has launched the XYLO Pickup GENIO today. Atleast by the picture, one can say that looks of new XYLO E*/ D2/ 5-seater will improve!

High Points:

- Priced at Rs 4.99 lakhs BS3 (ex-showroom Navi Mumbai).

- BS4 version also available.

- The 1.2 tonne pick-up has been developed to cater to the small & medium business transportation needs.

- This is the second product to roll out of Mahindra’s new Chakan plant.

- CRDe engine with 75 BHP and 220 Nm torque.

- The oil change interval is 20,000 km. It has LSPV brakes which adjust the braking pressure depending on the load of the vehicle.

- Adjustable Power Steering, 80.5 cubic feet cabin space, semi bucket seats with front back adjustment and recliner and independent front suspension.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Xylo based pick-up 'Genio' launched in India-mahindragenio.jpg  

Last edited by GTO : 28th January 2011 at 09:36. Reason: Adding additional info to the opening post itself
zalaps is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2011, 20:07   #2
BHPian

Re: ACI Scoop: Mahindra Testing 5 seater XYLO

wow a vast improvement from the present Xylo , this one looks good atleast from the front ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalaps View Post
Mahindra has launched XYLO Pickup GENIO today. Atleat by picture one can say that looks of new XYLO E*/ D2/ 5-seater will improve!
Old 27th January 2011, 20:17   #3
BHPian

It seems like Mahindra forgot to remove their camouflage! Oh yes, with the Logan facelift coming a few Logan headlights were lying around and voila! They got the lights!

This is atrocious. I thought Xylo was a class act. Now Mahindra has outdone themselves yet again!

Congrats!
Old 27th January 2011, 20:20   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Mahindra has launched XYLO Pickup GENIO today. Atleat by picture one can say that looks of new XYLO E*/ D2/ 5-seater will improve!
The original code name of Xylo was Ingenio if I am correct. Looks like the pick up has got that name.
I think there was a thread running on spy pics of Xylo pick up. This should go there.
Old 27th January 2011, 20:23   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Now I like this - slightly more rugged looks. Still not perfect, but much better. Keep it boiling guys - you can do better. But why black bumpers? Cost cutting? And looks like the fog lamp bracket without bulbs and lamps?
Old 27th January 2011, 21:02   #6
Senior - BHPian

The front looks good. Good design by Mahindra.

The rear is hideous.

Almost all models post Camper ( in goods moving section) do sport bulbous rear which do not jell with the front/cabin.

If the front of the rumoured mini Xylo looks like the front end of Genio with a matching rear, then I am sure it would be a reasonably good looking vehicle.

Mahindra Genio

Last edited by simplyself : 27th January 2011 at 21:03.
Old 27th January 2011, 21:05   #7
BHPian

Though the GENIO looks better than the XYLO, I think it has the looks of a truck (read rugged) and may not be a good fit for a family vehicle. I hope the XYLO 5 seater looks better than the GENIO.
Old 27th January 2011, 21:06   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gshanky View Post
Though the GENIO looks better than the XYLO, I think it has the looks of a truck (read rugged) and may not be a good fit for a family vehicle. I hope the XYLO 5 seater looks better than the GENIO.
Genio is infact a mini truck, with a payload of 1250 kgs.

Last edited by simplyself : 27th January 2011 at 21:07.
Old 27th January 2011, 21:12   #9
BHPian

Mahindra Xylo based pick-up 'Genio' launched in India

Mahindra Xylo based pick-up finally launches in India . It is called the 'Genio' The website is Mahindra Genio
I got the specs & features of the Genio from the official Press Release. They are as follows:

About Genio
Benefits:
Looks & Style
Genio comes with build & finish quality which is unseen on Indian roads in commercial vehicles. The styling of the vehicle impresses on the point that it is world class in design and looks. The unique grill design and aggressive bumper lends a complete UV look to the vehicle. Metallic silver color of the vehicle enhances the appeal & interiors of the vehicles are a benchmark in the industry.
Performance
Genio offers power packed performance as it comes with mDI CRDe Engine. Its 75 HP power and 220 Nm Torque with a top speed of 120 km/hr is capable of handling any kind of load and terrain.
Technology & Safety
Genio is a far ahead of its contemporaries in terms of technology and safety features. Because of mDI CRDe technology the oil change interval of the vehicle is 20000 km. It has LSPV brakes which adjusts the braking pressure depending on the load of the vehicle. For the 1st time in India, we are offering SLR seat belts for safety of driver and co driver. Not only this, it has cross members on the doors which save the passengers in case of any eventuality of accidents from the side. It comes fitted with Radial tubeless tyres which is also an industry 1st in commercial pick up vehicles. It ensures that tyre does not burst in case of puncture when a vehicle is on the highway.
Class Leading Comfort
Genio is feature packed vehicle when it comes to comfort – It has adjustable Power Steering, 80.5 cubic feet cabin space, semi bucket seats with front back adjustment & recliner, Independent front suspension to absorbs all shocks on Indian roads, Car like gear shift, ride quality of a UV, wider and bigger windscreen and doors and also split back glass for better ventilation. All these features make the drive and ride experience unique.
Convenience Features
Genio offers several utility features which are coming for the first time in commercial Pick Ups. It comes with floor console which has mobile changing point, Bottle holder, coin holder etc. The dash board has a wallet case and a mobile case apart from a big glove box. It has the shortest turning radius among pickups of 6.15 meters which help negotiate any kind of narrow lane. Measuring distance and mileage is very easy as it has an in built trip meter in the instrument cluster.
Genio is available in four attractive colour options Metallic Drizzle shine, Diamond White, Marvel Granite & Skyline Blue. It is available at 70 dealerships at launch and by mid February it will be available across PAN India dealerships
Attached Images

Old 27th January 2011, 21:29   #10
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Xylo based pick-up 'Genio' launched in India

the front styling actually looks better than the xylo.
the front bumper seems much smarter and the grill as well.

if they could carryover these mods to the xylo it would look less hideous.
Old 27th January 2011, 21:44   #11
BHPian

I guess some one at Mahindra has nuts at wrong places! The truck seems cut paste job. The loading bay is separate from cab and the creases on that and cabin are not even aligned What a mess up! The front - carlike. Rear - Tata 407
Wasn't Bolero pickup enough? At least that looked like one.
Old 27th January 2011, 21:46   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyself View Post
Genio is infact a mini truck, with a payload of 1250 kgs.
Yep. My post was in reference to carry over the same looks to the 5 seater XYLO.
Old 27th January 2011, 21:56   #13
BHPian

+1
The front and the rear is totally mismatched.
Old 27th January 2011, 22:07   #14
BHPian

Quote:
At last they did away with that Yuck looking grille! The mini Xylo would look much better than the current Xylo if this picture is anything to go by.

Last edited by veyron_head : 27th January 2011 at 22:08. Reason: typo
Old 27th January 2011, 22:14   #15
Senior - BHPian

I agree it certainly looks like a copy and paste job.. The loading bay looks so funny in side profile. But I am happy that they are finally thinking about commercial drivers and giving them modern comforts. I hope they have given disc brakes too, to handle those speeds, Pickups are most violent on roads...

Mahindra Xylo based pick-up 'Genio' launched in India-daimondgrey1.jpg

Mahindra Xylo based pick-up 'Genio' launched in India-darkgrey1.jpg

Mahindra Xylo based pick-up 'Genio' launched in India-mm202227331_2.jpg

Source

Last edited by Ym-enjn : 27th January 2011 at 22:19.

Most Viewed