Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2011, 22:16   #16
Team-BHP Support

Re: ACI Scoop: Mahindra Testing 5 seater XYLO

So they finally launched the Genio.

The 5 seater (shortened version) won't be out in showrooms soon. Not in the next 4-5 months at-least.
Old 27th January 2011, 22:32   #17
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Xylo based pick-up 'Genio' launched in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ym-enjn View Post
But I am happy that they are finally thinking about commercial drivers and giving them modern comforts.
Well. They have given him the dashboard after plugging the holes
(It does not have even the blower! Forget about AC.)

Last edited by Amartya : 28th January 2011 at 22:42. Reason: Edited based on the reported post.
Old 27th January 2011, 22:38   #18
Senior - BHPian

I do not know about what you guys think, but I do feel that if that front is transplanted on Xylo then we will see some serious action. The front looks very masculine. Not like the toothy silly grill of Xylo.
Old 27th January 2011, 22:38   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gshanky View Post
Though the GENIO looks better than the XYLO, I think it has the looks of a truck (read rugged) and may not be a good fit for a family vehicle. I hope the XYLO 5 seater looks better than the GENIO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyself View Post
The front looks good. Good design by Mahindra.

The rear is hideous.

Almost all models post Camper ( in goods moving section) do sport bulbous rear which do not jell with the front/cabin.

If the front of the rumoured mini Xylo looks like the front end of Genio with a matching rear, then I am sure it would be a reasonably good looking vehicle.

Mahindra Genio
Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron_head View Post
At last they did away with that Yuck looking grille! The mini Xylo would look much better than the current Xylo if this picture is anything to go by.
It appears that the M&M designers want their commercial vehicles to look more and more black from the front.The micro trucks have plenty of these black plastics on their fronts.It had all started with the Savari that had a fully plastic front headlight and grille console in black.And now the Navistar range has the blackest face.
The Genio was also intentioned that way perhaps to give cheaper frontal looks, just to distinguish these from their "classier" sibling the Xylo.
And they ultimately ended up giving better looks to the Genio.This proves that beauty need not be classy always!

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 27th January 2011 at 22:49.
Old 27th January 2011, 22:43   #20
BHPian

Stunning Face and rest of crap! Pity - the redesigned Xylo will look like a pick up!
Old 27th January 2011, 22:45   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
I do not know about what you guys think, but I do feel that if that front is transplanted on Xylo then we will see some serious action. The front looks very masculine. Not like the toothy silly grill of Xylo.
On serious note, yes. I think they are trying to test the waters with that nose before launching Mini-Xylo. It does look far better than existing Xylo nose. However they could have integrated the logo strip seamlessly with bonnet. Presently the yawning gap between the two is again shouting 'cut & paste'.
The launch of this product is not going to dent Xylo image as the volumes are going to be wafer thin due to cost being Rs 4.99 lakh onwards (keeping in mind the target customer).
Old 27th January 2011, 23:26   #22
BHPian

If M&M really improve this platform, I mean "really improve" as in integrating a good loading bay a la Xenon, Mahindra could make this their international pick-up truck instead of the current Scorpio based pick-up truck. But just by looking at Genio, it seems to be at least a couple of years away from being a good looking pick-up truck.
Old 27th January 2011, 23:35   #23
BHPian

I think it's high time Mahindra fires its vehicle designers and staff someone who knows what they are doing...

Scorpio: Overdone to the extend of a poser SUV
Xylo: Looks like a cross between an elephant and a cow
Genio: Yawn...

A decade back, I was wishing that why cant Mahindra ever come out of their jeep'ish vehicles but now I think it is better they stick to their jeep roots.
Old 28th January 2011, 09:22   #24
Senior - BHPian

Sad that it looks proper truck from side; front & cabin looks good.

They should make it 4x4 and sell a version similar to Bolero Camper Gold or Getaway!
Old 28th January 2011, 09:40   #25
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Additional information added to the opening post

High Points:

- Priced at Rs 4.99 lakhs BS3 (ex-showroom Navi Mumbai).

- BS4 version also available.

- The 1.2 tonne pick-up has been developed to cater to the small & medium business transportation needs.

- This is the second product to roll out of Mahindra’s new Chakan plant.

- CRDe engine with 75 BHP and 220 Nm torque.

- The oil change interval is 20,000 km. It has LSPV brakes which adjust the braking pressure depending on the load of the vehicle.

- Adjustable Power Steering, 80.5 cubic feet cabin space, semi bucket seats with front back adjustment and recliner and independent front suspension.
Old 28th January 2011, 09:41   #26
xPK
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Sad that it looks proper truck from side; front & cabin looks good.

They should make it 4x4 and sell a version similar to Bolero Camper Gold or Getaway!
+1 to that. Even I expected some getaway looks when I saw the picture (agreed I ignored the word "pickup"). The 4x4 version like "stinger" would be best suited for this front. Design wise the front is not that great, but the mean and masculine looks kinda grows on you!
Old 28th January 2011, 09:55   #27
Senior - BHPian

While we are all commenting on the looks of the Genio, I dont really think it matters to the market it is catering for. True it looks like just a truck from the side, but it seems to be extremely practical to use. The CRDE engine along with power steering and upgraded brakes are good features to have and the interiors seems decent too. Should do well in the commercial segment.

And of course a 4 door cab version with a 4x4, a better looking load area and meaty tyres and alloys would really look awesome and I personally like the front end. Echo the thought that this looks way better than the Xylo.

M&M Time for a Xylo facelift?
Old 28th January 2011, 13:57   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

At last a properly priced new pick up truck in the Indian market after decades of the same old 207s and maxi trucks.
Though the styling especially the side view looks YUCK, the rest i don't see any fault. Right now which pick up truck offers this much at proper price.
The loadbay corrugated is practical for load carrying and the black,black bumpers any day better durable than body coloured ones. Though me wish that Mahindra also sold it in a lifestyle double cab variant.
Anyway the pick up is out. When will the mini Xylo and FL Xylo come out with the new noses.????
Old 28th January 2011, 15:03   #29
Senior - BHPian

Oil change at 20,000km ! Wow!

While German's drink up oil, Indian ones do just the opposite? And, for an engine which will be used to haul loads, I guess, this is something one should applaud MM for!
Old 28th January 2011, 15:17   #30
Team-BHP Support

Good job with the new front end, M&M! About time this was retrofitted to the Xylo as well. It would look quite interesting in body colored bumpers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks