Team-BHP - Indigo Manza ELAN Face lift; Scoop shots on Page 1
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Indigo Manza ELAN Face lift; Scoop shots on Page 1 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/95881-indigo-manza-elan-face-lift-scoop-shots-page-1-a.html)

Its really Surprise that TATA is going to refresh the current Indigo Manza and come up with a face lifted version.

Source: Autocar
http://www.autocarindia.com/news/sco...manza-facelift

Indigo Manza ELAN Face lift; Scoop shots on Page 1-indigomanza2_resized.jpg

I think the change will be on the lines of new interior color scheme on the lines of the new Indica Vista.

The link doesnt work for me.
However, it does look like this will put a stop to the rumours of a Manza CS version.

Quote:

Originally Posted by selfdrive (Post 2219950)
The link doesnt work for me.
However, it does look like this will put a stop to the rumours of a Manza CS version.

Manza soon to become Manza Elan | Autocar India

Here you go..

Hope they can give a it's rear a more curvy look. or, is it just an engine upgrade. Manza 90 power petrol.

The manza needs bigger tyres to help camoflage the bulky rear end. and a wider front grille which will make the car look bigger. the staggered lights are somehow not fitting the car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kalpeshc (Post 2219990)

The article says Indigo Manza will be renamed as 'Manza Elan' after facelift. IMO Tata should have dropped 'Indigo' badge from the day one! I know Indigo is a house hold name and Tata wanted to capitalized on that but IMO it added more -ve's then +ve's to this rather capable car.

I would say, Tata give it a new Grill+Bumper and also on rear bumper and boot lid+bumper if at all you are renaming it.

TATA doing a face lift to their model which is not even two years since its launch!!:Shockked:

I believe TATA is now doing some serious home work to keep up the pace in the market, ETIOS launch should have triggered this. Now, TATA has started to hear their customer's feedback, good.

O.T. When will they start hearing A.S.S. feedback??Won't is be nice if they start doing it??

Its a very late move to remove Indigo badge, they should have done this at their launch. I am not sure what difference it would make by removing it now.

Tata is going places. Period. In all honesty, The House of Tatas have HUGE potential in the global Auto Sector.

First I thought that they were going back to the Vista grille. Then I noticed that this grille has slats, while the Vista has a honeycomb mesh. Still, not a great idea to do away with the chrome in this segment. The chrome grille made it instantly distinguishable from the Vista. Love the alloys, and it is just me or have the wheels grown bigger? They seem to fill out the arches better.

Taking the Indigo out of the Manza and the Indica out of the Vista is a great idea, especially when the old models are still going strong in their segments. BTW the car in the pic still has Indigo written on it's number plate.

I do hope they'll make an estate version or at least a Vista with a bigger boot, that would come under 4m. The lack of boot space is the only drawback of the Vista (oh, and the central meters).

With the able assistance of the great Mr. Hindsight, one can easily see that naming it Indigo was the dumbest thing to do.

Btw, Now they can't include both Indigo and Manza's nos. under the same category in the monthly sales report, can they?

After the Vista refresh, Tata will soon launch the Manza refresh on Feb 9/10 2011 (maybe earlier also).Enjoy the pics, excuse the poor phone cam pics shot in late evening.

some more shots of the elan.

All Hail Sidinica! Scoop King Sir, you are indeed the very BEST!:thumbs up

On the Elan -Yawning panel gaps there!
And what's the fuss really about the upgrade? The basics appear to be the same with a bit of chrome thrown in as garnish. Perhaps Tata could have done it a bit better?

Nice Scoop!!After reading ACI s article i had assumed the Indigo name would be dropped, but from the pics the Indigo name is still there. Maybe Tata would take a decision on that soon.

FROM ACI
Quote:

However, there are also plans to drop the Indigo name and rechristen its mid-sizer the Manza Elan. The idea is to forge a new brand identity for the Manza and move away from the indigo name which is currently synonymous with the cheap and cheerful CS.