Team-BHP - Audi launches Q5 2.0 TDI, A6 3.0 TDi quattro discontinued
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Audi launches Q5 2.0 TDI, A6 3.0 TDi quattro discontinued (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/95918-audi-launches-q5-2-0-tdi-a6-3-0-tdi-quattro-discontinued.html)

The latest model range brochure has been uploaded on the website and it talks about Audi launching a cheaper, 4 cylinder diesel version of the Q5 SUV called the 2.0 TDi quattro.

Audi launches Q5 2.0 TDI, A6 3.0 TDi quattro discontinued-untitled2.jpg

The 3.0 TDi quattro of the A6 has been now discontinued, 'cause the discounted 2.7 TDI may have killed it, or perhaps the new A6 will bring back that engine.

Audi launches Q5 2.0 TDI, A6 3.0 TDi quattro discontinued-untitled1.jpg

But a surprise on the Q7: Some time back I created a thread saying that Q7 has now been launched with an 8 speed tiptronic in 3.0 TDI and 4.2 TDI quattro models. Now this brochure reverts back to 6 speed tiptronic for the diesels and 8 speed tiptronic for the 3.0t petrol. Again, is this a printing error or a transmission downgrade? the german Q 7 comes with an 8 speed box in all models. Can anyone confirm this?

Audi launches Q5 2.0 TDI, A6 3.0 TDi quattro discontinued-untitled3.jpg

Note from the Team-BHP Support: This topic has been moved to the appropriate section. We thank you for your thread, and would appreciate you taking the effort to post in the correct section.

The 2.0 TDi Q5 is understandable but why did they ditch the 3.0 A6? Even though majority of the sales comprised of 2.7 TDis, they should have kept it as a fitting answer to the 530d, XF-S and E350 Cdi.

Audi India website is known for glitches. Last time their website showed that none of the variants come with alloys but there was nothing like that. So have you confirmed from the showroom if the 3.0TDI has been discontinued? I guess that was one of Audi's best selling A6 variant.

I have the same brochure in print form (booklet recd via courier yesterday) and it too says the same. Haven't talked in showroom but will do so in a while.
Also need to confirm the transmission options for the Q7-whether 8 speed for the diesels is correct or not. The same brochure in pdf format is printed as hard copies and circulated to the dealers.

This is the old Q7 brochure which shows the 8 speed box for the diesels.

Audi launches Q5 2.0 TDI, A6 3.0 TDi quattro discontinued-untitled1.jpg

In the Q5 spec-sheet, the 2.0TDI power output is shown as 125/170 @ 4200RPM. What do they mean by that? Same engine in two states of tune?

The same spec- sheet says "Bootlid capacity..". LoL!

Edit: With the 2.0TDI Q5, what will now become of the Volvo XC60?

Good move by Audi. Keen to seeing what the pricing is like.

Judging by the current trend the sales of the 3 will be beaten by the x1 and now the A4 will be beaten by the Q5 2.0TDi. Soon enough MBIL will have to act fast and launch the GLK to thrash it's C-class.

The entry level sedans will either have to be price corrected to come down to compete with the Superb, which means CE version will not do. Or else they will be eaten up by their SUV siblings.

125 is kilowatts, 170 is horsepower. That brochure is pretty bizarre to say the least.

Great move by Audi. Any idea what the pricing is? (Ex-Mum).
Also would it be paired against the BMW X1 or in a different class altogether?

Sidindica, Any Idea on pricing details of Q5 2.0 TDi? Well it's the same engine as my Laura in a different state of tune.

Pricing not yet recd by the dealers.

Q5 2.0 TDI at 41 sounds expensive as the upcoming X3 in it's 2.0 D variant will be close to or less than the 520d, and it should sell a lot more than the Q5 then if the Q5 is not well priced.

And reasons like having printing errors on their brochures from time to time shows how much the management lack the finess for a high end brand and that along with other things is the reason why they are not up there with BMW / Mercedes, but the clever guys like to fool the mass by using the theory of being in India last.

Quote:

Originally Posted by S350L-E240 (Post 2228037)
Q5 2.0 TDI at 41 sounds expensive as the upcoming X3 in it's 2.0 D variant will be close to or less than the 520d, and it should sell a lot more than the Q5 then if the Q5 is not well priced.

And reasons like having printing errors on their brochures from time to time shows how much the management lack the finess for a high end brand and that along with other things is the reason why they are not up there with BMW / Mercedes, but the clever guys like to fool the mass by using the theory of being in India last.

And this glaring error (encircled) still persists on the 2011 printed latest brochure also.

Audi India's website is pretty awful compared to BMW India's website. Audi website has no easy way to view standard features / options etc. Audi's lower end cousins - VW and Skoda have a much better and user-friendly website.

Not only that but buying cars from BMW is more streamlined and easy compared to Audi. My own experience - bought an X3 2.0d from BMW Chandigarh and was promised delivery of my customised X3 within 3 months. Got the car in less time than that, after it was custom built for me in Austria.

Now, spoke to Audi Chandigargh about ordering a customised Q5 2.0d sometime back and they were like -" oh please look into our currently available and incoming Q5's and geting it customised may take more than 4-5 months." I wanted Q5 without the panaromic sunroof.
I mean BMW could arrange a car for me according to the tickmarks on the options sheet from Austria, but Audi cannot do the same even though the cars (Q5's) are assemebled in Indialol:. Even if they can, they want twice as much time to do so.

Clearly, BMW India's operations are so much more systematic and streamlined as compared to Audi's. Heck, Audi brochures and website are not even updated properly but are full of errors.

Contrary to some one on the forum claiming that Audi will NOT launch corporate editions, looks like the management has other plans, Audi India today launches the Q5 Business Edition @ 35.13 Lac Ex-Showroom Mumbai,

Thats an aggressive price, can someone shed what features do we lose?

Audi Q5 Cheaper variant launched @ 35.13 Lac INR/-

Regards,

P.S Thanks to Bhpian H@rsh@l for the first news earlier today.