Team-BHP - Chevrolet Beat LPG launched !!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Chevrolet Beat LPG launched !! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/95973-chevrolet-beat-lpg-launched.html)

Good news from GM India. The Beat now comes with a factory fitted LPG kit.
Some features:-Source: Chevrolet India website--
Chevrolet Beat India, Chevy Beat Car India, Chevy Beat by Chevrolet India

Quote:

Originally Posted by auto-one (Post 2227858)
Good news from GM India. The Beat now comes with a factory fitted LPG kit.
Some features:-
  • LPG kit placed in the engine compartment, thereby cabin space is not sacrificed.
  • Use of high pressure LPG pipes. ( First in India for a LPG vehicle )
  • Mileage - 13.29 kmpl ( LPG mode ) (ARAI certified )
  • Auto shift from LPG to petrol if there is no gas. Also, sensor based button to switch from petrol to LPG and vice versa.
  • Smartech engine delivering 80.4PS power and 104Nm torque.
Source: Chevrolet India website--
Chevrolet Beat India, Chevy Beat Car India, Chevy Beat by Chevrolet India

Good news there from GM India. I could see a lot of firsts there in this Beat LPG. I hope atleast this increases the sales of the Beat significantly from its monthly average of around 2500 units.

Sorry, I don't think this will help greatly for the sales.

The need of the hour is Diesel. Not sure whats their plan about that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mpower (Post 2227897)
Beat diesel is coming 2nd or 3rd quarter...already announced.

Oh ok. Probably the news was along with the Aveo's 1.3 MJD? Anyway, thanks MPower.

Good move by GM. A credible option to the hot selling WagonR Duo.

However, I think they should be launching CNG as well as LPG.
At the moment, CNG is the more economical option.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjothi (Post 2227893)
Sorry, I don't think this will help greatly for the sales.

The need of the hour is Diesel. Not sure whats their plan about that.

cant really say that because i-10 is setting the charts on fire w/o diesel.
But Beat diesel is coming 2nd or 3rd quarter...already announced.

According to chevrolet's website, beat LPG is not available in LT Optional pack :Shockked: or at least it seems so, in the beat petrol specs, there are optional airbags, abs, etc available but in LPG specs there is no optional airbags, abs, etc, only the LT variant is listed.
Why did they do so? I was seriously considering buying this but Airbags and ABS is a MUST for me. Anybody know anything else-wise?

Plus, does the petrol only version also have the "new" engine or is it just the LPG one with it? There seems to be a little difference in the specs of the engines on both models on the website.

Thanks

That sucks. Its the same strategy used for diesel cars too.

Basically OEMs have concluded that people interested in low running costs have no interest in safety or luxury.

BTW, any info on pricing?

+1
I don't know why manufacturers strip the diesel/lpg variants off safety features ,which are already present on petrol variants .In beat's case the safety features were optional in any case.So it seems even more absurd.Why this step motherly treatment towards buyers of diesel variants.Are their lives less precious?

Anyone know if this can be fitted by the dealer on non-LPG BEATs ?

how much extra is this going to cost over the similar existing Beat models?

I agree with you, theoriginal9321. It is disappoingitng to note that the Beat is not offered in the ' LT option ' trim ( as per the website )
Just look at the strange thinking of the company. One the one hand they offer a modern, sophisticated LPG unit, while on the other hand they deprive the car of the essential safety kit.
Secondly, as you have observed, the website states different power figures for the petrol and LPG Beat. Is it that the new smartech engine delivers more power ? ( Considering that the Beat gets the new smartech engine )

^^ I emailed them asking all these questions, however they told me that these are not the official launch details, these are suppose to be prelaunch details and they have only released some general info about beat LPG on there site, everything will be clear "once they officially launch it". So i'm just keeping my fingers crossed that the LT optional pack will be offered after its launch. :D

^^ Nice to know that GM India responded, and that too very fast !! Lets hope that the company provides the necessary safety kit for the Beat ( at least as an option ).
One confusing thing though. The website says that the LPG version is now available. But as per the reply to your mail, they say these are the pre launch details. So when is the official launch?
Mods, if necessary, please change the thread title to ' Pre-launch details of the Chevrolet Beat LPG '

Today I saw a white color BEAT LPG on Hosur Road, near Electronic city. It was a MH-14 registration vehicle and an LT version. Later I checked at Kropex showroom, they have 2 LPG LT version vehicles in their stock yard and the sales will be begining next week. There will be two versions LS and LT only and no PS. The LT version is fully loaded except alloys. The dealer did not have the price details but they have the brochure for BEAT LPG.

^^ is it possible for u to scan and upload the brochure please?? Also, did he mention anything about the safety kit (airbags/abs)?
Thanks

GM India has officially launched the Beat .
There are only two variants and the prices Ex-Showroom Mumbai are:--
LS Rs. 4.10 Lakhs and LT Rs. 4.53 Lakhs.

Source- Launched: 2011 Chevrolet Beat LPG | Indian Cars & Motorcycles Blog