Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2011, 18:44   #16
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: *Rumour* - Chevy planning Camaro launch in India

+1 to Speedy; the Camaro isn't even available in RHD, and here we have a website announcing its launch in India! I hate this "exclusive-hungry" nature of some media. While I hope that it does happen one day, a pipe dream is all it is today.

BTW, if & when the Camaro does make it to India, please bring the 8 cylinder variant . Now, that will be a true muscle car.

@ designersf : They could spare one car for homologation (just like Suzuki did with the Kizashi).
Old 2nd February 2011, 21:56   #17
dot
Senior - BHPian

Come on GM, bring on Bumblebee to our roads. Americans sure know how to make drool-worthy muscle cars. Just see the Dodge Charger, latest Mustang and of course, the Camaro. And the notes of those V6 and V8 are to die for. I sure hope that this is one "rumor" that comes true.
Old 2nd February 2011, 22:33   #18
BHPian

Camaro is about 22k to 30K USD in US. which runs to about 14 Lakhs INR. I'd say it should be about 35 Lakhs here with govt duties etc. I dont think Chevy is looking to make money from it so i'd guess it wouldn't be priced out of the world.
Old 18th February 2011, 20:45   #19
Senior - BHPian

GM Bringing The Legendary Chevy Camaro To India??!!

Just got a call from my friend and i started to surf about any news available on it. Yes The Legendary Chevy Camaro Might (most probably will) come to India. GM cars in India have done nothing to write home about but i think if this beauty will be unleashed on our shores, of course in CBU form, its going to rock the Market. Standing right in front (wearing Rupa baniyan if i have to, to be in front of the line) will be yours truly.

Then the price, i hope they stick to it, around 30 lakhs!! WOW!!

Bring it on guys, Lambos, Ferraris etc have all seen their niches, time for some real hard affordable muscle. What im excited about is, that with the entry of the Camaro, will the Mustang be far behind??!! And guess what, the GT 500 is cheaper than the Camaro. Heres where the customer is really and truly king!! OOOOooohh im beginning to get weak in my knees.

Read all about it here:

GM to bring the Camaro to India - CarWale News

Last edited by aah78 : 18th February 2011 at 20:57. Reason: add EDIT: Post merged with existing.
Old 19th February 2011, 12:54   #20
BHPian

Re: GM Bringing The Legendary Chevy Camaro To India??!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Just got a call from my friend and i started to surf about any news available on it. Yes The Legendary Chevy Camaro Might (most probably will) come to India. GM cars in India have done nothing to write home about but i think if this beauty will be unleashed on our shores, of course in CBU form, its going to rock the Market. Standing right in front (wearing Rupa baniyan if i have to, to be in front of the line) will be yours truly.

Then the price, i hope they stick to it, around 30 lakhs!! WOW!!

Bring it on guys, Lambos, Ferraris etc have all seen their niches, time for some real hard affordable muscle. What im excited about is, that with the entry of the Camaro, will the Mustang be far behind??!! And guess what, the GT 500 is cheaper than the Camaro. Heres where the customer is really and truly king!! OOOOooohh im beginning to get weak in my knees.

Read all about it here:

GM to bring the Camaro to India - CarWale News

heheh! nice to see so much of enthusiasm!

I dont think GM will pull a stunt of announcing the launch of legend and then back out. The market scene has changed so much for GM and India in the past 4-5years in auto industry!

they may delay tha launch, but launch the car GM will considering CBU with al its price constraint is acceptable.

Just cant wait for it!
Old 19th February 2011, 21:25   #21
dot
Senior - BHPian

The closest I have come to enjoying a muscle car is when I was in the passenger seat of a Red Mustang Shelby Cobra on a lonely road in Michigan in 2007. Even though I had a US license back then, I was not allowed to drive since it was a company visit.

Man, the sound of the engine and rush was mind blowing.

But I have always maintained that average US owners do not enjoy their muscle cars. I think we in India will do a better justice to these cars.

V-16, I loved the Rupa banyan comment. If Camaro releases in India, I think my financial planning will chuck out of the window.
Old 9th October 2011, 00:01   #22
BHPian

When i had a chat with Karl Slym at a lauch function, he said new generation camaro would come to India by 2015-2016 and not before that .
Old 29th December 2014, 15:16   #23
BHPian

A search on zauba.com reveals that a Used Chevrolet Camaro 6.2 L SS has been imported into the country for R&D Purposes.
*Rumour* - Chevy planning Camaro launch in India-chevrolet-camaro.jpg
SwapnilNalavade is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th December 2014, 17:19   #24
Senior - BHPian

They have a technical center in Bangalore, may be it is imported for their R&D. It does not mean that they are going to launch in India.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks