Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2011, 20:48   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: January 2011 - Indian Car Sales Figures

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
While a lot of people have commented on how Vento doesn't seem to denting ANHC's sales, it's interesting to note how the Vento is steadily gaining on its sibling the Polo's volumes:
I agree completely. The only deterrent factor for low volumes of Vento compared to ANHC, is supply.

Here's another side:
Jan'11 : City : 5059
Dec'10: City : 4380
Nov'10: City : 3003
Oct'10: City : 4316
Sep'10: City : 6164
Aug'10: City: 4251
Jul'10: City: 3565

So If you see the ANHC's numbers, it has been around 5-6K all the time. These numbers looked huge as the other players in the segment could never cross 2k mark. But, since the Vento walked into the picture, the competition is suddenly hot. Vento has stabilised around 2k-2.5K mark and it will only grow from here. Just for kicks, in the month of November, there was a meager difference of 600 odd between ANHC and Vento.

The credit must go to Vento and VW in the sense that it crossed 2K mark in just one month after launch, whereas the old horses such SX4, Verna, Fiesta and Linea were struggling to get any closer.

I am a big fan of all Honda cars too, but its always good to have competition to make things better for us...customers. May be that is why people who booked Hondas in Nov or Dec got juicy discounts. Vento effect???
Old 1st February 2011, 20:55   #62
BHPian

Thanks for the figures.

MSIL figures will explode once the New Swift & SX4 Diesel are out.

By the way lot of Doctors seem to buy SX4 VVT. (atleast in Kerala)
Old 1st February 2011, 22:24   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Alto and i10 continue to reign and it is tough to beat these 2 top rung leaders even by a close margin as their numbers are so way up ( including the difference between each other) that its almost impossible for other to catch up.
+1. I'm glad that both of these bestsellers are in my garage right now. In their own ways, they never cease to amaze me each time I crank up the engine and both have never let me down so far.

PS: I have submitted two posts by mistake. Moderators, please delete the first of my two posts. Thanks

Last edited by misquitas : 1st February 2011 at 22:25.
Old 1st February 2011, 22:47   #64

I bought Alto in 2004 & now after 6 Yrs & 1.4 Lacs Kms, its still going with great guns !!!
Expecting my Toyota Etios by end of this month but cant even think of my life without Alto.
Salaam Maruti for this small Wonder
Old 1st February 2011, 22:48   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Hyundai
i10 : 16,694
Maruti
WagonR : 14186
I was going through sales figure again and noticed something interesting. Hyundai i10 is available in petrol only whereas WagonR is also available in CNG, still the sales of i10 is greater(2500 +) than WagonR.
Old 1st February 2011, 22:51   #66
BHPian

Ford claims to have a sold 10026 cars in Figo Facebook page.

Ford India begins 2011 with record-breaking performance | Driving Ford

Figo at 8000 overtakes i20. I hope it maintains this lead. I always thought i20 was expensive and hyped.

Punto also deserves to do better than i20.

Last edited by Deep Blue : 1st February 2011 at 22:57.
Old 1st February 2011, 22:57   #67
BHPian

Nice to see FIAT back with 2174 Numbers. But still much more to do and long way ahead.
@greenday . i think alongwith dhamaka offer deliveries in Jan, Palio-BS-III are still continued to sell except few metros.(not sure).
I think soaring petrol prices are affecting sales of T-jet.
Anyway a good start for new year 2011 for FIAT.
Keep it up!!!

Last edited by mobike008 : 1st February 2011 at 23:50. Reason: SMS/Chat style lingo is not permitted on Team-BHP. Do read board rules before proceeding further. Thanks!
Old 1st February 2011, 23:05   #68
BHPian

Glad to see FIAT's number increasing. Great work GTO. Is it possible to know the number of T-Jets sold? Just curious.
Old 1st February 2011, 23:17   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantyrocks View Post
Well,Ford has hit the bulls eye with tte the Figo.Interesting to note that no ikon was sold last month.Ford might as well stop its production.
I have been told by guys working in Ford that Ikon production stopped as of Dec 2010
Old 1st February 2011, 23:22   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

The Alto, i10, Swift, WagonR, Indica ( old model) posting five figure monthly sales, are keeping the car sales really buoyant. The DZire, Manza, Bolero and maybe Omni are knocking on the five figure doors and only time will tell what goes up and what comes down. But the Omni is destined to fade if not spruced up, as its competitor from the Tata stable has been unleashed and has VENTURE “D” into the showrooms.
The Corolla P is not selling well. The diesel D4D however reaches at least near the Cruze sales! The Fortuner is going places for sure.
The Honda CRV needs to be culled now with the Vitara and Outlander.
The Fiat sales are dismal. Don’t know whether they will wind up or go on this way? The cars using their 1.3 MJD are showing five figure and higher two figure sales whereas???
The Chevrolet Optra, Aveo and UVA just manage to beat the Cruze sales which shows that these three car models need to be either refreshed or culled. GM can concentrate on the better selling models then. The Captiva has gone nowhere after the initial attraction, post launch it was!
The Nano has alas sold 6703 units- the Shrimati Michelle Obama touch of Nov 2010 at the Taj Hotel seems to be working now. It was sure a homeopathic dose!
TheLogan has sold many more units this time, reaching the four figure sales mark.
In the MSIL stable the A Star and the Estilo remain freaks. The Eeco is selling better!
From the Hyundai stable, the old war horses Santro and Accent are still in demand. The much more contemporary Verna selling just 500 plus units more units vis a vis the Accent needs to be noted.
The Aria and Yeti seem to be doing OK in their segments.
The Innova beats the Scorpio by a huge margin, placing the Xylo in the third place and keeping the Safari at fourth!
Among the low volume selling cars the VW Beetle sold 20. That’s better than the Passat, Sonata,Santa Fe, Camry, Vitara, Volvo S80, XC 90 and a few others. The Palio sold only 24.
We better watch out for the Feb 2011 and later sales as the petrol prices are rising and so are the bank interest rates on car loans too.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 1st February 2011 at 23:24.
Old 1st February 2011, 23:47   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangarx View Post
+1 to that. I dont know why I always have this haunting feeling that Honda exploits the Indian consumer more than any other Japanese car maker, despite their excellent products.
+1 to that. Ditto, being an ANHC owner I could not agree more. (A reason why I got my father to buy a Vento). As and when the capacity constraints diminish the Vento would challenge the City.
Superb beating the Accord consistently.
Civic languishing behind the Carolla and Cruze.

The hay days of Honda seem to be over, when the OHC with a VTECH (106 bhp) had no competition from Esteem, Cielo, Astra or Lancer, while the Accord never competed with expensive CBU Camry and the spaceship Civic seemed generations ahead of the old Carolla. The overpriced Jazz, sells less than the i20, Polo, Fabia and even the Punto.
Finally great cars and package are scoring over the "H" branding.

Old and dated Pajero (94) sells more than the Captiva (91), new Outlander (69), CRV (38), Santa Fe (2), G Vitara (1).

Premium "TATA" Aria (321) sells nearly equivalent to Endeavour (351) and Skoda Yeti (344).

The Verna with CRDI option selling just 500 plus units more than the Accent available only in petrol, makes me wonder the Verna Petrol figures. Maybe most Accent numbers are accounted for the Radio Taxis in Delhi.

The Optra is a nice car with a diesel option and still sells in European countries including UK (as Lacetti), IMO it was a marketing failure, no TV commercials ever

Last edited by amitku : 2nd February 2011 at 00:20.
Old 2nd February 2011, 03:34   #72
BHPian

Aveo : 240
Logan : 1120
Accent : 1317
Etios : 1651
Indigo + Manza : 8456
Dzire : 9771
Alltogether 22555 Entry Level Sedans sold. India's love for the Badi but affordable Gaddi continues...
Old 2nd February 2011, 07:34   #73
Senior - BHPian

Good to know that the Figo numbers are back on track after the disappointing Dec nos.

Logan and Accent selling more than Fiesta. When is Ford getting the new Fiesta? If it is any longer delayed, Fiesta nos may never catch up neither with the enrty level sedans nor the sub 10L category ones.

Its high time GM comes with a upgraded Aveo or another entry level sedan.
Old 2nd February 2011, 08:58   #74
BHPian

GTO, Any ideas of nissan's numbers? The micras's sales numbers should be interesting.
Old 2nd February 2011, 10:43   #75
BHPian

The Skoda Superb continues to remain the leader by far in its segment and has also seen an increase in sales. I think the petrol version is selling well now as confidence in Skoda has improved. Lately, two members have bought it.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks