Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2012, 16:56   #211
BHPian

Re: *SCOOP* : New Hyundai Sonata / i45 caught testing on Bangalore-Chennai Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul016 View Post
Sunroof is missing in the Indian version.I think they should have provided it as all its competitors have it.
Do you think all black interiors would have looked better?It looks good in Cruze and Passat.
Agreed, they should have given Sunroof. As this class of car has to have sun roof.

Also, all black interiors would have been better but as everyone knows that HYUNDAI is fetish about beige.
Old 23rd February 2012, 23:26   #212
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Pic tweeted by Vickram Srinivas.
Quote:
Hyundai i45 is here a Hyundai service stations Chennai
*SCOOP* : New Hyundai Sonata / i45 caught testing on Bangalore-Chennai Road-i45h.jpg
PPS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2012, 14:54   #213
BHPian

Autocar says the Sonata is expected to be priced at Rs 21.5L ex- showroom. If that's true, I'm really disappointed. I was really interested in this one, and the reports say it is a great car, but if priced on par with the Superb/ Accord/ Passat crowd, I'm not sure. The Embera was also quite competent almost as good as the Accord, but then there was no significant price advantage at launch time, being priced too close to the Honda. And now with the Accord, soon to be launched Camry, S60 D3, the X1 base model, Superb, Passat Comfortline all in the 20- 25L range, I think Hyundai is making a mistake if they ask for 21.5L ex- showroom for this.

Last edited by Yeldo : 24th February 2012 at 14:56.
Old 25th February 2012, 14:16   #214
Senior - BHPian

Really looking forward to this car, I absolutely need cars with Ventilated seats, it gets extremely hot in the summers and nothing is as effective as a good ventilated seat, am least bothered about sun roofs, never used them in any of the cars,

Price needs to be closer to 20 and not really go above it, anyways the car is a little late to India, they need to get it below or around 20,

Is 7th March confirmed?

Regards,
Old 25th February 2012, 14:41   #215
Senior - BHPian

I thought this was supposed to be placed in D-Segment competing with Cruze, Jetta etc. Am I wrong? 21.5 Lakh ex-showroom is putting it in a different league altogether. And assuming this is going to be for the GDI version, the diesel when it comes out will be even more expensive. Is this going to be a CBU?
Old 25th February 2012, 14:51   #216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
I thought this was supposed to be placed in D-Segment competing with Cruze, Jetta etc. Am I wrong? 21.5 Lakh ex-showroom is putting it in a different league altogether. And assuming this is going to be for the GDI version, the diesel when it comes out will be even more expensive. Is this going to be a CBU?

Buddy the Sonata isn't in the class of a Jetta and Cruze. They have the Elantra/Avante for that segment.

Having said that, i don't see a 21.5 Lakh Hyundai being able to compete with the bigger brands like Toyota, VW and Honda. Ideally they need to undercut the big boys in terms of pricing and offer better equipment to come into the customers consideration set.

Never be surprised with Hyundai though, they have a spectacular design and if we as consumers start following our heart, we could see a potential winner.
Old 25th February 2012, 15:41   #217
BHPian

Are we talking about the same car that has been rated the 3rd most affordable sedan in US that sells for $20-28usd or 16k GBP in UK being priced at 21 lakhs plus here, is it a CBU, does't that seem pushing it?

I am seeing a trend in car launch threads here getting unnecessarily excited and putting out exaggerated figures and then when it launches lower everyone is happy.
Old 25th February 2012, 16:42   #218
Senior - BHPian

If this is priced over 18L - then God help Hyundai. Then at least Suzuki and Hyundai will have cars doing the same numbers MOM.

The car looks too Camryish now I feel. The interiors look fab though and I expect it to be loaded and then some more.

Lets see where Hyundai plan to price it. 15L ex-showroom would be killer.
Old 25th February 2012, 20:09   #219
BHPian

Hi,
Today I was at Radisson Temple Bay at ECR. There was a media test drive for the new Sonata. We should be expecting the reviews soon. Was there a Team-BHP team as well?
I managed to take couple of snaps-
Attached Thumbnails
*SCOOP* : New Hyundai Sonata / i45 caught testing on Bangalore-Chennai Road-25022012101.jpg  

*SCOOP* : New Hyundai Sonata / i45 caught testing on Bangalore-Chennai Road-upl.jpg  

pacman2881 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th February 2012, 00:13   #220
BHPian

Considering the fact that the top end Verna costs around 13 lakhs and that there is another car from Hyundai between the Verna and Sonata(Read Elantra), I do not think that Hyundai will price it less that 20 lakhs OTR Bangalore. It is still a steep price considering the maintenance costs of the Hyundai. We should always keep in mind the fact that Hyundai started its success story by projecting itself as a VFM brand in US/Europe. But we Indians have always ended up overpaying for the Hyundai cars(I 20 & Verna the finest examples)
Old 29th February 2012, 17:49   #221
Senior - BHPian

Zigwheels drive report is up:

Hyundai Sonata 2012: First Drive Page - 1| Zigwheels.com
Old 2nd March 2012, 13:56   #222
BHPian

At the Auto expo I was told that the top end diesel automatic would be for 18 lacs ex-showroom. At that price it may still make sense to some people loyal to the Hyundai brand. Anything more its going to be a flop show from the very start.

Today's DNA talks of the petrol version to be priced at 22 lacs and the author of the article ends the article saying its - Sheer Value! Where do they find such people to write articles, who have no clue about the Indian car market. I mean Nissan had to slash the price of the Teana to around 17 lacs so what chance is Hyundai going to have with a 22 lac price tag.

Like someone earlier mentioned, I think its a marketing gimmick by the companies to get people talking about the higher price and then launch it way below that to give the impression that they are getting great value.
Old 2nd March 2012, 14:03   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishk123 View Post
At the Auto expo I was told that the top end diesel automatic would be for 18 lacs ex-showroom. At that price it may still make sense to some people loyal to the Hyundai brand. Anything more its going to be a flop show from the very start.
Diesel Sonata? May we know if that is reliable info? And it is 18+L for a Laura L&K Diesel Auto?! I'm yet to hear about a Diesel in the current Sonata anywhere in the world?
Old 2nd March 2012, 15:21   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeldo View Post
Diesel Sonata? May we know if that is reliable info? And it is 18+L for a Laura L&K Diesel Auto?! I'm yet to hear about a Diesel in the current Sonata anywhere in the world?
That's what I was told at the Hyundai stall at the expo from one of their senior executives.

Here's link which might be speculative but says pretty much what I was saying:
All New 2012 Hyundai Sonata | AUTOBITES
Old 2nd March 2012, 17:30   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishk123 View Post
Here's link which might be speculative but says pretty much what I was saying:
All New 2012 Hyundai Sonata | AUTOBITES
Tanks! That site says about 2.2 and 2.0 Diesels, but nowhere in the world the current Sonata is sold with a Diesel. They have 2.0, 2.0Turbo, 2.4 & 2.4GDi - all petrol- engines, but not a Diesel.

The Hyundai website has a brochure, http://www.hyundai.com/in/en/wcm/gro...ent/298722.pdf, and that too talks none about a Diesel.

Has to agree that a sub 20L (starting) price tag would go great lengths in making this car a success here.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks