Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2011, 08:44   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2010 Hyundai Sonata/i45 -*UPDATE* Indian Scoop pics Pg.9

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
Frankly saying, I don't know. But one thing is sure this car having all those bells and whistles.

1. Cruise control
2. Panoramic Roof option
3. Hydraulic Power steering (The enthusiasts here will love it).
4. TPMS
5. Engine Start/Stop button
6. Keyless entry with Smart Key
7. Power Seats with memory , etc.. etc...

and some cool features from RB which we already discussed.
There goes my excitement...Hyundai people are saying-late 2011. Hope this car gets soon in India..when has Hyundai started becoming such late latif player in the market?
Old 8th February 2011, 17:13   #62
BHPian

Re: 2010 Hyundai Sonata/i45 -*UPDATE* Indian Scoop pics Pg.9

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
There goes my excitement...Hyundai people are saying-late 2011. Hope this car gets soon in India..when has Hyundai started becoming such late latif player in the market?
Spoke to a Hyundai dealer in Bangalore - The plans seems to be (and this is a leaf out of Maruti's book) one new car launch or facelift every quarter. So this quarter is going to be the new Verna, next quarter is Avante (replacement of Elantra) and Q3 is for the launch of the new Sonata/i45.

Cant wait to check out Avante/Sonata.
Old 8th February 2011, 19:05   #63
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: *SCOOP* : New Hyundai Sonata / i45 caught testing on Bangalore-Chennai Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
when has Hyundai started becoming such late latif player in the market?
Ever since the super-aggressive BVR Subbu left Hyundai, the company has become painfully slow. I can't believe the country's no.2 / no.3 car maker (depending on the month) still doesn't have sub-6 lakh rupee diesel! This, when over 1/2 of the Swift, Figo etc. sales are from oil-burner options. If Subbu was here, you can bet a diesel i10, the new Verna, i45 etc. would already be on sale.

Even newer VFM-car entrants such as VW & Ford have displayed far more aggression in capturing market share.
Old 8th February 2011, 21:21   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Ever since the super-aggressive BVR Subbu left Hyundai, the company has become painfully slow. I can't believe the country's no.2 / no.3 car maker (depending on the month) still doesn't have sub-6 lakh rupee diesel! This, when over 1/2 of the Swift, Figo etc. sales are from oil-burner options. If Subbu was here, you can bet a diesel i10, the new Verna, i45 etc. would already be on sale.

Even newer VFM-car entrants such as VW & Ford have displayed far more aggression in capturing market share.
You took it out of my mouth. That man was super-aggressive and was one of the real major reasons for Hyundai's stunning entry in India. I am sure he would have played a major role in bringing the then new Accent and Sonata into India soon after their international debut.

But, I heard from a friend that the new Verna will come in Q2 2011, the i45/Sonata in Q3 2011 and HA (New Small Car) in Q4 2011.
Old 10th February 2011, 14:30   #65
BHPian

Boy! the design of i45 is simply superb. Even though lot of people say the hyundai designs are copied from others, but bringing it out so well, really need some good creative designers.

Also they should launch the international models in India quickly, we are no longer a 'budget car' market. There is quite some buying power in India and i20 has proved that Hyundai can sell expensive cars in higher volumes if its fitted with all bells and whistles. I am one of the i20 customers, who was really impressed with all those gadgets
Old 10th February 2011, 16:25   #66
BHPian

The i45 is a stunner. No guessing here the rear is a copycat of A4, but I have to say even better in a very 'Koren' way. For sure they must have got this design done in Italy. One should really give credit to this 'new work of art' by Hyundai, price will be the key, but as history speaks, Hyundai will not price it competitively at first to cash on the looks, may be done the years discounts will follow, as usual.
Old 10th February 2011, 16:45   #67
BHPian

Looks classy from outside; yes, could be a good competition to Civic (especially the 'to be launched' one in terms of looks) if priced right with all high end features. Don't know about the engine though.
Old 10th February 2011, 22:23   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tats07 View Post
Looks classy from outside; yes, could be a good competition to Civic (especially the 'to be launched' one in terms of looks) if priced right with all high end features. Don't know about the engine though.
Hyundai i45 is much larger than the Civic and is an Accord/Camry competitor in the international market. So, when launched it could be priced anywhere between 16 - 22 Lacs.
Old 10th February 2011, 22:36   #69
BHPian

Good catch synchromesh!
This car has been second bestseller in US market. During my last visit during Oct and NOv,this was one of the fancied car in US doing wonders for Hyundai. with killer looks and troubles with Toyoto, Hyundai is moving ahead in this class.

For fantastic pictures of this car follow;
http://autos.aol.com/cars-Hyundai-So...expert-review/
also
http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2011-...drive/#3464882

Last edited by bullock-Car : 10th February 2011 at 22:42. Reason: addition of relevent pics and reviews
Old 11th February 2011, 09:04   #70
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic curves. Good design here by hyundai. Seems this car will pave the way forward for better looking hyundais in the future. Maybe even a new design philosophy. The rvms look fantastic. I find the tail lights very similar to the 3 series, is it just me? Overall if they price it right, somewhere between the civic and accord people are going to line up for this one too.
Old 11th February 2011, 10:43   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnair View Post
Hyundai i45 is much larger than the Civic and is an Accord/Camry competitor in the international market. So, when launched it could be priced anywhere between 16 - 22 Lacs.
Thanks, I didn't know that. Yes, the looks are actually more in line with a segment higher than Civic/Corolla.
Old 11th February 2011, 14:25   #72
BHPian

Thanks bullock-car.
Pictures in the link you have provided are awesome. It seems to be identical to the one I saw on the road, except the LHD part.
Old 11th February 2011, 16:28   #73
BHPian

This car was launched in the Middle East last year (feb i guess) as Sonata and skewered the Camry/Accord/Altima sales.

It has great presence on the road.
Old 11th February 2011, 17:25   #74
Senior - BHPian

The car looks great. Interiors also look futuristic based on the pics from Hyundai AU website. We may get beige colour combo though !

i45 Introduction - Hyundai Motor Company Australia
Attached Thumbnails
*SCOOP* : New Hyundai Sonata / i45 caught testing on Bangalore-Chennai Road-i45intcabin790x490.jpg  

Last edited by vasoo : 11th February 2011 at 17:26.
Old 11th February 2011, 19:07   #75
Senior - BHPian

If the i45 is the Sonata, then it is surely the success story of 2010 in the US. It is comparable or bigger in passenger volume to Accord/Camry. It has the highest powered base engine (2.4 l 200 bhp) and a 2.0 Turbo that churns out 270+ bhp as the higher end offering. Reviews always have praised the appointments and comfort. Handling is supposedly quite lifeless. I think it is also the fuel economy leader. For India their mantra should be clear - Diesel!
I do however think that the car is over styled. Probably not one of the cars that will age well. Just my perspective.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks