Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2011, 11:34   #31
BHPian

Re: *SCOOP* : New Hyundai Sonata / i45 caught testing on Bangalore-Chennai Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Great catch, Synchromesh, thanks for sharing!

I'm also willing to bet this car will do an "i20" in the feature list; loaded to the gill with bells & whistles.
Thanks GTO!
IMO, this 'i' might actually grab a considerable share of the premium sedan market.
Old 6th February 2011, 13:03   #32
Team-BHP Support

Does this mean, Hyundai is not planning to compete in the Civic/Altis territory but in the Accord/Camery region?

What happens to Elentra?
Old 6th February 2011, 13:25   #33
BHPian

You can shoot me for saying this, but has any Hyundai product priced over 10+L ever sold in good numbers in India?

When it comes to spending a big budget for a car, the average Indian buyer always looks at Honda, Skoda, etc. So Im a bit skeptical about this one as the dismal numbers of the Santa Fe is not that hope inspiring as well.
Old 6th February 2011, 14:22   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
What happens to Elentra?
The next Gen Elantra will most probably be christened Avante. Expect it to be launced after the Verna RB and i45.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grafin View Post
You can shoot me for saying this, but has any Hyundai product priced over 10+L ever sold in good numbers in India?
Hyundai's fluidic design has actually been appreciated all over. The Next Gen Verna/ Elantra & Sonata all look quite good. Things are changing now- after the i20 launch we can safely presume that Hyundai will launch most of their models with all bells and whistles + they also have the GDI engines in their armour. Pricing is going to the REAL key factor.
Old 6th February 2011, 14:46   #35
Team-BHP Support

Good car. And you can count on it to provide you with basically every feature you'd find in a more expensive car, a la, the i20. The front does look a bit gawdy IMO, especially that massive egg-crate-grille, but that shouldn't bother people much, as the rest of the car is pretty clean and a bit futuristic too.

Quote:

When it comes to spending a big budget for a car, the average Indian buyer always looks at Honda, Skoda, etc. So Im a bit skeptical about this one as the dismal numbers of the Santa Fe is not that hope inspiring as well.
My guess is that this attitude would change very soon. With the introduction of the Kizashi and now this, people will move from traditional Skodas and Hondas to these. Especially since spare parts and service bills keep rising.

Give it a few years and I'm sure we'll even get to see the new i30 in hatch-back form, priced at a cool 10 lakhs. The Indian auto-market is maturing, and fast.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 6th February 2011 at 14:49.
Old 6th February 2011, 15:30   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I would have accepted to this, if this comment was before the success of the i20.

Yes, imagine the hatch for 8Lac from Hyundai, even the other H [honda] could not do wonders here, But Hyundai succeeded, So, things are changing.

Frankly, this car looks so wonderful and definitely has the wow factor.
Old 6th February 2011, 15:49   #37
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
The next Gen Elantra will most probably be christened Avante. Expect it to be launced after the Verna RB and i45.
I did not realize that. Thought Avante would be the name for I45.

So apart from the 1.8 versus 2.4 for Petrol, does the diesel share the same platform ? (2L next-gen CRDI)
Old 6th February 2011, 15:54   #38
BHPian

I guess we need a poll here to see how many of us would go for the i45 over a Laura, Civic, Jetta, and the lot given they have the money to spend.

The car looks sleek, but will it have the X factor to have an edge over Ze Germans and the Japs?
Old 6th February 2011, 16:27   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I guess we need a poll here to see how many of us would go for the i45 over a Laura, Civic, Jetta, and the lot given they have the money to spend.
Err, the Next Gen Elantra/Avante would compete with the Civic, Altis, Cruze , Laura etc. The i45 would compete with the Kizashi , Accord and the Superb.
Old 6th February 2011, 20:34   #40
BHPian

The car looks great, sporty and muscular. A diesel must be on cards as Hyundai knows the indian customers well.
Old 6th February 2011, 22:42   #41
BANNED

Re: 2010 Hyundai Sonata/i45 -*UPDATE* Indian Scoop pics Pg.9

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraveenM View Post
In the last picture on post 130, the GDi badge is clearly visible. Are they testing the 2.0 GDI engine here? In the US it reported to run on regular fuel. Would be nice to have this engine in India
Will be available from the following colors

Black diamond
White crystal
Sleek silver
Hyper metalic
Dark gray
Remington red
Espresso
Blue black
Noble white

Engine options

Gasoline engine 2.0 [(1998cc) Theta-II MPI engine]
Gasoline engine 2.4 [(2359cc) Theta-II MPI engine]
Gasoline engine 2.4 [(2359cc) Theta-II GDI engine]
Old 6th February 2011, 22:58   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post

Engine options

Gasoline engine 2.0 [(1998cc) Theta-II MPI engine]
Gasoline engine 2.4 [(2359cc) Theta-II MPI engine]
Gasoline engine 2.4 [(2359cc) Theta-II GDI engine]
Are all engines going to be launched in India? I have read about the 2.0T engine from the US market and am completely excited at the prospect of a 275 bhp Hyundai that runs on normal fuel. I hope they don't detune the engines for India!

Any clue on the launch dates, now that test mules have already been spotted? Had almost decided on buying the Kizashi till 21L OTR in Bangalore put me off. Perhaps it is worth waiting for i45 which can provide a balance of performance and value.
Old 6th February 2011, 23:29   #43
Senior - BHPian

The earlier 10+ cars from Hyundai never had the gizmos one would want from a car of that price. But things changed with the i10 and 20. And Hyundai is not yet another brand, they do command a premium. Look at how many cars fall within and below the bracket of their starting model Santro.

I have seen both the Hyundai Sonata and Elantra new models in the US and they are simply amazing. They are bound to create a bit of a storm.

Who would have thought a Chevy can leave people playing tic tac toe with the Cruze, Civic and Laura and the likes
Old 7th February 2011, 06:05   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
If I am right, in the US this model has retained the Sonata badge.
This is to confirm that it is still called the Sonata in the US.

What a coincidence--I was taking a walk near the Smithsonian Museums a couple of hours ago and I spotted this beauty. I reached home and got to see a similar car on Indian roads,thanks to this thread.

The car has killer looks. It is also loaded with features and I got a chance to sit inside it in the Car show being held here.

I'm sure the car will do well here in the US. I hope the same for the Indian i-45 too.
Old 7th February 2011, 07:22   #45
Senior - BHPian

The one displayed in the pictures is the new Sonata in US.
I guess Hyundai has played it smart by badging it as the i45 in India, as the i series has good acceptability.
BTW this is the new elantra (superbowl ad)

Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks