Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2011, 19:57   #76

Re: *SCOOP* : New Hyundai Sonata / i45 caught testing on Bangalore-Chennai Road

I just hope they get the driving experience of i45 right. IMHO, Sonata was light years behind Accord and Camry in terms of driving experience.
Old 11th February 2011, 21:26   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mak10 View Post
I just hope they get the driving experience of i45 right. IMHO, Sonata was light years behind Accord and Camry in terms of driving experience.
Camry and driving experience? Since when have those two started getting mentioned in the same breath! Accord maybe, once in a while.. Sonata is on par with the Camry for driving feel, definitely!
Old 11th February 2011, 23:02   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I guess you have wrongly quoted Camry there. Yes, Honda Accord and the forgotten Ford Mondeo definitely gives you a good driving experience but Camry is no better than the present and previous generation Sonata in driving pleasure.
Old 12th February 2011, 00:30   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i have driven the i45 for over a 1000 miles and trust me, its in league of Accord, mazda6, mondeo and easily beats camry. its a great freeway car with great handling characteristic. i drove it on highway 1 of USA and it handled the curves superbly. For the uninitiated, highway 1 is the curviest road in USA. The rear is not as bad as camry and holds tight during tight turns.

Even the previous generation sonata was better compared to Camry in terms of driving experience.
Old 12th February 2011, 01:23   #80
BHPian

Hyundai India commercial featuring i45

Just saw the Hyundai commercial today which features a number of i45 cars being driven together. I guess it confirms that it would be launched in India soon and so Hyundai are trying to built up some steam before the official launch !
Old 12th February 2011, 02:02   #81
BHPian

i got two words for this hell yeah ,

okay seriously, i think this car just in terms of looks is stunning. and i am seriously betting hyundai will have a winner here in this segment. and people will fall for the oo la la looks and buy a ye olde easy on maintenance hyundai over something like a skoda superb (not that anything is wrong with it) but to put it in short i am very much confident about this, and hoping this new sonata works in india. did i mention it looks beautiful and more expensive than the competition.

Last edited by Caramelo : 12th February 2011 at 02:05.
Old 12th February 2011, 07:19   #82
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineethvazhayil View Post
I do however think that the car is over styled. Probably not one of the cars that will age well. Just my perspective.
I support that feeling. But Hyundai has always been like that, and fairly successful with their styling and market approach. Having seen i45, I must say that it is a very handsome looking car.
On the same note, I hope KIA does make an entry to India. They are coming up with some great designs, and their cars now look very upmarket and have a classy European feel.
Old 12th February 2011, 10:48   #83
Senior - BHPian

here are few photos of Sonata's younger sister Elantra.
Attached Thumbnails
*SCOOP* : New Hyundai Sonata / i45 caught testing on Bangalore-Chennai Road-07022011318.jpg  

*SCOOP* : New Hyundai Sonata / i45 caught testing on Bangalore-Chennai Road-07022011335.jpg  

*SCOOP* : New Hyundai Sonata / i45 caught testing on Bangalore-Chennai Road-07022011333.jpg  

*SCOOP* : New Hyundai Sonata / i45 caught testing on Bangalore-Chennai Road-07022011336.jpg  

Old 12th February 2011, 10:58   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
i have driven the i45 for over a 1000 miles and trust me, its in league of Accord, mazda6, mondeo and easily beats camry. its a great freeway car with great handling characteristic. i drove it on highway 1 of USA and it handled the curves superbly. For the uninitiated, highway 1 is the curviest road in USA. The rear is not as bad as camry and holds tight during tight turns.

Even the previous generation sonata was better compared to Camry in terms of driving experience.
I seriously don't understand why Camry, Accord and Mondeo are brought in to picture. Also I don't how many of them have driven a Camry, Accord and Mondeo for long term to compare it with i45.

Camry and Accord are made for sheer comfort and luxury, they are not meant for aggressive driving and cornering. I don't understand why these cars are coming in to discussion with puny i45.

I have driven all 3 cars and I can bet Camry and Accord are far better than Sonata in all terms.

We are talking about a car which is going to be launched here in India for Indian roads so let’s forget about US roads and their infrastructure

Last edited by camchennai : 12th February 2011 at 10:59. Reason: Typo
Old 12th February 2011, 11:16   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by camchennai;2241928[B
]I seriously don't understand why Camry, Accord and Mondeo are brought in to picture.[/b] Also I don't how many of them have driven a Camry, Accord and Mondeo for long term to compare it with i45.

Camry and Accord are made for sheer comfort and luxury, they are not meant for aggressive driving and cornering. I don't understand why these cars are coming in to discussion with puny i45.

I have driven all 3 cars and I can bet Camry and Accord are far better than Sonata in all terms.

We are talking about a car which is going to be launched here in India for Indian roads so let’s forget about US roads and their infrastructure
i45/sonata, IS pitted against accord/camry all over the world, and even in india! PERIOD!

its more of a VFM and comes loaded with stuff at a lower price. and not to forget the new fluid design which is attracting the customers.

sonata has changed the game for accord/camry and is giving the japanese a run for their money!
Old 12th February 2011, 12:05   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by camchennai View Post
I seriously don't understand why Camry, Accord and Mondeo are brought in to picture. Also I don't how many of them have driven a Camry, Accord and Mondeo for long term to compare it with i45.

When did i45 became to look "puny"? Lest to say, last month sonata sold more than camry :P And the current camry looks bloated and unimaginative to say the least.
Attached Thumbnails
*SCOOP* : New Hyundai Sonata / i45 caught testing on Bangalore-Chennai Road-3.jpg  

*SCOOP* : New Hyundai Sonata / i45 caught testing on Bangalore-Chennai Road-7.jpg  

*SCOOP* : New Hyundai Sonata / i45 caught testing on Bangalore-Chennai Road-11.jpg  

*SCOOP* : New Hyundai Sonata / i45 caught testing on Bangalore-Chennai Road-13.jpg  

*SCOOP* : New Hyundai Sonata / i45 caught testing on Bangalore-Chennai Road-14.jpg  

*SCOOP* : New Hyundai Sonata / i45 caught testing on Bangalore-Chennai Road-15.jpg  

Old 12th February 2011, 12:41   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by camchennai View Post

You seriously need to understand that sonata aka i45 is pitted against accord, camry, mazda 6 and mondeo. The pricing matches that of the rivals only difference being, it is fully equipped just like i20 is and is considered VFM. the last sonata was made for comfort and luxury only, this time they not only covered those two aspects they made it more aggressive in terms of looks and driving. Accord and Camry have already started sweating and started giving good features and deals once which was unheard of. No doubt accord and camry are legendary when it comes to sales and long term ownership, but i45 is taking them head on this time and it seems there is no looking back.

Even if you consider Indian roads, Sonata will still be competitive if priced correctly. Don't forget camry is a CBU in India so real competitor for Sonata a.k.a i45 would be Accord and Superb. I having driven all four, i can assure you, its at par with them in everything except it is not Japanese.

And since its still not launched in India, we have to look at other countries to see how its performing over there and what do the users/critic think of i45. And fyi, some roads in USA are just like in India, bumpy and full of potholes. Don't believe me? Come have a look in my city

Anyway, its your perspective and i respect that.

Last edited by chevelle : 12th February 2011 at 12:46.
Old 12th February 2011, 12:46   #88
rbp
BHPian

Hyundai is the official sponsor of the ICC cricket world cup. So I guess one new Hyundai is definitely scheduled for launch, why not the i45, it makes more sense in launching the i45.
Old 12th February 2011, 16:11   #89
Senior - BHPian

From ACI Website
SCOOP! New Hyundai Sonata spied | Autocar India

Interesting thing is that they're talking about a diesel motor too!
Old 12th February 2011, 16:55   #90
Senior - BHPian

For once Hyundai has got the proportions right. Me likey likey.

I am sure, it will bring heat to a dull market in D segment. My circle of friends is either going Superb or crossing the invisible line to Teutons.

Once this gets launched; Toyota, Honda, Skoda and even VW will have to rethink its positioning of their respective cars. Good for the market.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks