Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2011, 15:13   #151
Senior - BHPian

Re: *SCOOP* : New Hyundai Sonata / i45 caught testing on Bangalore-Chennai Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by S350L-E240 View Post
Just a question, I always thought there was no diesel motor in the sonata in any market so does it mean India will be the launch region for the diesel motor or does the diesel motor already exist in any specific market?

Regards,
Yes, you are right. The current generation Sonata does not have a diesel or a V6 gasoline option anywhere in the world. It only comes with inline 4 cylinder engines in different configurations.

But I think Hyundai should do something (w.r.t diesel) if they decide to launch this car in India. CRDi is a must for the i45 to succeed in India. Lets keep our fingers crossed.
Old 30th April 2011, 18:26   #152
BHPian

Hyundai issued a press release some time ago saying they'll be releasing 3 new models every year. So far it seems the Verna will be out this month. Is the HA next? Can we expect the i45 this year? I'm thinking of the Verna, but would prefer the i45.
Old 30th April 2011, 23:41   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by incinerator View Post
Hyundai issued a press release some time ago saying they'll be releasing 3 new models every year. So far it seems the Verna will be out this month. Is the HA next? Can we expect the i45 this year? I'm thinking of the Verna, but would prefer the i45.
The verna has been launched - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post2330977
Old 30th April 2011, 23:52   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Had read somewhere that the H-800 will definately be launched this year sometime around diwali.The i45 could come late this year.

Last edited by avishar : 30th April 2011 at 23:54.
Old 10th May 2011, 18:41   #155
Senior - BHPian

ICB has reported the latest sightings of the Sonata/ i45. Seems they are getting better at scoops than TBHP.

Here is the link:
Hyundai Sonata/i45 Scooped yet again! | Indian Cars & Motorcycles Blog
Old 16th May 2011, 15:56   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
ICB has reported the latest sightings of the Sonata/ i45. Seems they are getting better at scoops than TBHP.
But did ICB wake up 3 months late?
The 1st post on this topic on T-BHP was in Feb.
synchromesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2011, 21:23   #157
BHPian

Will the i45 have a diesel? Sorely needed with fuel at 71 a litre. Do you think I should wait for the i45 or go with the Verna?
Old 18th May 2011, 06:29   #158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Will the i45 have a diesel? Sorely needed with fuel at 71 a litre. Do you think I should wait for the i45 or go with the Verna?
Oh, thats quite a surprise because the cars that you have mentioned are two segments and probably almost 10 lakh rupees apart. But if these two are your choices, then I suggest you wait for the i45/Sonata to be launched. It looks gorgeous and just like all recent Hyundais, you can expect it to be fully loaded. But, the saddest thing is the all-new i45 would most probably come only with a turbocharged GDI petrol engine as there is no diesel in Hyundai's international Sonata line-up now.
Old 18th May 2011, 13:42   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
Oh, thats quite a surprise because the cars that you have mentioned are two segments and probably almost 10 lakh rupees apart. But if these two are your choices, then I suggest you wait for the i45/Sonata to be launched. It looks gorgeous and just like all recent Hyundais, you can expect it to be fully loaded. But, the saddest thing is the all-new i45 would most probably come only with a turbocharged GDI petrol engine as there is no diesel in Hyundai's international Sonata line-up now.
They are segments apart, no doubt, but I have always chosen a car on its individual appeal.

The Sonata Transform is around 19.5 OTR in Blr, so I assumed the i45 will be thereabouts. The difference then between the Verna and Sonata would be around 6 lakhs (as Verna is 13.4 OTR Blr).

But you're probably right, the i45 will mostly be in the Kizashi/Accord price range and hit 23+ lakhs OTR.

Expecting to do a TD on the 1.6 AT diesel Verna this afternoon, will post more in the Verna thread later.
Old 18th May 2011, 15:24   #160
BHPian

I visited middle east a month back and man i was shocked to see the number of Sonata's on the road of Jeddah (KSA). Its suprising to see the people who usually go for the Accord and Camry are opting for Sonata , The top end model in white colour with panaromic roof looks amazing and is around 85000 riyals (around 10l ) for the topend model according to my cousin.

off-topic but I guess KSA is a heaven for petrolheads , Cars cost half the rate and the petrol is cheaper than water
Attached Thumbnails
*SCOOP* : New Hyundai Sonata / i45 caught testing on Bangalore-Chennai Road-untitled.jpg  

Old 18th May 2011, 15:32   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose56 View Post
The top end model in white colour with panaromic roof looks amazing and is around 85000 riyals (around 10l ) for the topend model according to my cousin.
That Sonata/i45 looks absolutely stunning to say the least. Though some would say that the car is overstyled, I would say the car is very well-proportioned except for the grille which is definitely over-styled.
Old 18th May 2011, 16:14   #162
BHPian

Re: 2010 Hyundai Sonata/i45 -*UPDATE* Indian Scoop pics Pg.9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Looks real good and luxurious inside! Hope they dont do a blunder with pricing.Price it right and you have Civic/Altis/Laura customers queuing up!

Buddy, the i45 is a competitor to the Accords, Camrys and the Teanas. Don't think the Civic buyers will flock to this one. You may be right with the top-enders though.
Old 18th May 2011, 17:49   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose56 View Post
I visited middle east a month back and man i was shocked to see the number of Sonata's on the road of Jeddah (KSA). Its suprising to see the people who usually go for the Accord and Camry are opting for Sonata , The top end model in white colour with panaromic roof looks amazing and is around 85000 riyals (around 10l ) for the topend model according to my cousin.
The main reason for that is the price. Sonata costs the same as Civic/Lancer/Corolla in the middle-eastern markets, but its much bigger than these cars and offers a lot more features. Honda Accord base model costs as much as the full option Sonata.
Old 18th May 2011, 17:54   #164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnair View Post
The main reason for that is the price. Sonata costs the same as Civic/Lancer/Corolla in the middle-eastern markets, but its much bigger than these cars and offers a lot more features. Honda Accord base model costs as much as the full option Sonata.
If they manage to do that here, though there is a very slim chance of this happening, the Sonata will take the segment by storm
Old 18th May 2011, 21:02   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnair View Post

no civic lancer and corolla are a different segment all together just like in india. they range between 50000-60000 riyals. accord camry sonata are in the 70-90k segment. except for a slight premium there isnt much difference between the rates of accord and sonata
moose56 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks