Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2011, 21:00   #181
BHPian

Re: *SCOOP* : New Hyundai Sonata / i45 caught testing on Bangalore-Chennai Road

This should be launch as i45 & not sonata as name sonata brings bad memories to it's old customers
Old 21st July 2011, 00:27   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
I see posts echoing my feelings! Its just the pics on top of the page that make me feel that the Fluidic Design language would age very fast! Just look how the side crease looks so much like the new Verna. Which is good for the Verna, but not for the i45! Add to the list, the upcoming Elantra with more twists and turns everywhere! Hyundai stable might just age faster. Find some new innovative design language soon Hyundai, it'll be really common on our streets soon.
I beg to differ. The i45/Sonata looks stunning to say the least. To my eyes, the new Verna and Elantra look awkward in comparison. The Sonata looks simply majestic with those curves - mostly due to its big size. IMO the Verna and to some extent Elantra looked too pimped up for those smaller sized cars. I (have seen all 3 of them in person)

I do agree that all of these cars will age quickly, and more importantly may not age gracefully! Remember those awkward looking Oldsmobile and Ford cars from the 80s and 90s? That is why I love those understated looks - cars like Polo, Vento, most Toyotas have evergreen looks IMO.
Old 21st July 2011, 10:56   #183
Senior - BHPian

I had posted quite a lot of negative in my yesterday's post and hence did not want to post any further.
But the point on the aging rather quickly is a very valid one.
I do see this design aging quick.
The German's get it right here, their designs age really well.
Old 3rd August 2011, 10:50   #184
BHPian

I saw this car near Porur without any disguise with a test registration. Could not take pictures since it was going on the opposite side and i was driving. Is it up for launch soon?
Old 21st August 2011, 11:41   #185
Distinguished - BHPian

More spy shots of the i45 caught testing, pics courtesy IAB -

*SCOOP* : New Hyundai Sonata / i45 caught testing on Bangalore-Chennai Road-hyundaii45reartesting.jpg

*SCOOP* : New Hyundai Sonata / i45 caught testing on Bangalore-Chennai Road-hyundaii45rear.jpg

*SCOOP* : New Hyundai Sonata / i45 caught testing on Bangalore-Chennai Road-hyundaii45caughttesting.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2011, 15:06   #186
BHPian

Does anyone have an update on the launch date of this beauty? I am sure it will be a winner if they launch a Diesel automatic version. Looking forward to this one. Hope Hyundai does not mess up by attaching a 20L+ price tag to it.
Old 2nd November 2011, 17:47   #187
Senior - BHPian

^^When we were at Hyundai showroom to check out the i20, the sales rep mentioned a 2012 launch with a pricing of approx 20+ lakhs.

Hope he's got the pricing wrong, at 20+lakhs i don't see many takers unless its exceptionally good.
It will be interesting to see how the i45 competes with Jetta, Laura etc.
Old 2nd November 2011, 19:46   #188
Distinguished - BHPian

OK, bigger fluidic Verna which looks like a (bigger) i20 (with a boot) which looks like a bigger i10!

So all Hyundai are going to look similar - like all VW's look similar.
By 2020, all cars will look similar.

Glad that I have the previous generation Tucson - it looks like it's own self and not like anybody else :-)

Last edited by anandpadhye : 2nd November 2011 at 19:48.
Old 26th December 2011, 16:36   #189
BHPian

I have been trying to find out whether the new Sonata will be launched in India anytime soon. But unfortunately no concrete info anywhere. There is a mention that it "might" be launch at the Auto Expo.

Maybe OT - The car chase sequence in Don 2 has SRK driving this beauty. It does look stunning from some angles.

It is sad that Hyundai still sells the Sonata Transform in India, when the new Sonata/i45 is available elsewhere. I do not understand!
Old 26th December 2011, 20:25   #190
Senior - BHPian

The new sonata will indeed be launched on/ a week after the expo with 2.4 GDI petrol only, in manual and tiptronic versions priced between 16-18 lakhs.
sidindica is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th December 2011, 00:45   #191
R17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
The new sonata will indeed be launched on/ a week after the expo with 2.4 GDI petrol only, in manual and tiptronic versions priced between 16-18 lakhs.
Sid, if that pricing horizon does hold true, it will be fantastic VFM. But it seems like wishful thinking - That'll essentially entail the Sonata treading into the Jetta/Laura territory. Im going to pray youre right on this one Btw, any more details about the variants ?
Old 29th December 2011, 02:03   #192
Senior - BHPian

Pricing sounds unbelievable for a car its size but i dont think a petrol engined one will sell ! Why arent they bringing in the CRDI one? The Honda Accord doesnt sell at all these days and Hyundai knows very well that there own Verna has waiting periods of over 6 months for the Diesel version.
Old 29th December 2011, 08:03   #193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
Pricing sounds unbelievable for a car its size but i dont think a petrol engined one will sell !
You are right. But, the new Sonata/i45 may pull a surprise due to its tunning looks and feature-loaded interiors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
Why arent they bringing in the CRDI one? The Honda Accord doesnt sell at all these days and Hyundai knows very well that there own Verna has waiting periods of over 6 months for the Diesel version.
They aren't bringing CRDi variants to India just because this generation of Sonatas doesn't have one right now. Even in its biggest markets of South Korea and USA, this Sonata is sold only in gasoline, turbo and hybrid variants. But, as you said, Hyundai India would love to have a common-rail diesel engine in the new Sonata/i45. They should try and shoehorn a CRDi engine from their European lineup for the Indian market.
Old 29th December 2011, 08:37   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Thats great pricing! This would leave the 12-15L bracket for the new Elantra. Sid, any idea on the approx launch date for the new Elantra? Will it be showcased at the Expo?
Old 2nd January 2012, 16:54   #195
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Confirmed! New Sonata to be launched on the 5th of January (morning) @ Auto Expo.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks