Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2012, 08:46   #346
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento Delays and delivery

^^ I agree completely. I had ordered a terra beige Vento AT and ultimately settled for a white (after waiting for 3 months for a brand new car!). The dealers didn't know what cars were being produced, what would be allotted to them, and even after allotment weren't bothered to call up anxious customers to check if they were interested in another colour choice (my second option was White but nobody seemed to be aware of this).

Having said this, it is an excellent car and nearly 2 years and 32,000 km down, can endorse it heartily! Good luck to you and your shadow blue beauty.
Old 25th February 2014, 16:11   #347
BHPian

Apologies for bumping this thread after a while.

I had booked a Vento Tsi, shadow blue in early December-13. I was promised a worst case February delivery. Now the dealer is not sure about the delivery dates. No commitments he says!

To be fair, I was offered a choice to change my color to grey- which the family did not like. Few other dealers have called me with a ready biege but we are keen on blue. So its does look like a problem with the color.

I'm at a loss on how to proceed next. I've already committed 3 months here (sunk cost!) and moving to another brand is sure to take up another 2-3 months. On the other hand, the lack of clarity is inexplicable since i'm hoping the company sure knows when they are going to manufacture what type/color of car days in advance? afterall it's not that they are selling 10k every month.

What do you guys suggest should my next steps be in terms of writing to VW.
Is there anyone specific I can write/request to? Though I doubt writing to customer care address would resolve this quickly, I will still try.
Old 25th February 2014, 16:38   #348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortsell View Post

I had booked a Vento Tsi, shadow blue in early December-13. I was promised a worst case February delivery. Now the dealer is not sure about the delivery dates. No commitments he says!

To be fair, I was offered a choice to change my color to grey- which the family did not like. Few other dealers have called me with a ready biege but we are keen on blue. So its does look like a problem with the color.

I'm at a loss on how to proceed next. I've already committed 3 months here (sunk cost!) and moving to another brand is sure to take up another 2-3 months. On the other hand, the lack of clarity is inexplicable since i'm hoping the company sure knows when they are going to manufacture what type/color of car days in advance? afterall it's not that they are selling 10k every month.

Is there anyone specific I can write/request to? Though I doubt writing to customer care address would resolve this quickly, I will still try.
Writing to VW India is total waste of time, trust me I know. Any query you post on their website is re-directed to the dealer with whom the car has been booked. I went through the bitter experience myself when I booked Polo TSi.

VW Stock management is handled by external VW entity called NSC (National Sales Companies) and not by plant. NSC allot cars on plant’s behalf. I’ll send you PM of a mail ID, try mailing them although I’m not sure if that would help.

Two days ago I heard from VW Madras that they have 2 TSi in their stock - Beige and Grey.

Last edited by salman_ferrari : 25th February 2014 at 16:53. Reason: spelling
salman_ferrari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2014, 20:59   #349
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Next step should be to cancel the booking and go for the Honda City/ Hyundai Verna instead. Better resale, no snooty dealer to interact with, far lesser service issues and oh yes, peace of mind!
Old 25th February 2014, 23:12   #350
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
Next step should be to cancel the booking and go for the Honda City/ Hyundai Verna instead. Better resale, no snooty dealer to interact with, far lesser service issues and oh yes, peace of mind!
well the H City also has a very very long waiting period. Verna is not really worth it. Its very old tech AT.

All us AT guys have to wait for our cars unfortunately. thats the harsh truth.
Old 26th February 2014, 07:33   #351
BHPian

I believe this is specific to the petrol version and that too the automatic variant. The diesel ones are delivered quickly. Mine was delivered in 2 weeks. I delayed the delivery since I was travelling. They were ready to get the Highline TDi within a week.

I think it's the same for most other brands as well. I remember the Ecosport fiasco. I'm not sure of the service experience but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 26th February 2014, 12:40   #352
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

There is indeed a problem with that particular color. When we bought our Vento, there was only 1 blue in stock lying in their stockyard since February (we took delivery of a Silver Vento in October). Upon further probing I was told that the blue is an order-based color and they rarely have this in stock.

Do note, it's one of those colors that does infact look absolutely great but is very tough on maintenance.

Ventos sell the maximum number in white, grey and silver. Dealers usually get those in from the manufacturer as they move off faster than the blue.

If faster delivery is your priority, I'd suggest opt for your second best choice.

Last edited by 9thsphinx : 26th February 2014 at 12:47.
9thsphinx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2014, 13:47   #353
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
If faster delivery is your priority, I'd suggest opt for your second best choice.
This is good advice. Sadly VW doesn't seem to manage its demand very well. Which would explain how they end up stockpiling certain variants/colours while others remain permanently scarce.
The consolation here is that once you have the car in your possession, the colour won't matter as much. So go ahead and keep calling the dealership till they agree to release the car in a colour that appeals to you!
Old 26th February 2014, 17:30   #354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post

This looks like the most agreeable solution. However, i will try to contact the OEM and see what they have to say before I decide. Is anybody else facing this problem with Tsi? I can't be the only one here

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
No Thank you! Wouldn't touch a Hyundai.I may be wrong but I think for people who have driven, liked and booked a Vento, Verna will be a far different animal. Its not an adjustment, its a completely different choice! as if I were asked to move from a car to some other mode of transport. I guess people look for completely different things when they choose a verna over Vento.

Ah yes, New City. I doubt I will be able to get my hands on a new City AT before the Vento. Remember, i cant consider the sunk cost! Also I think snootiness is dealer specific. I asked Mount Road Honday City dealer if I can test drive a CRV, was told "gaadi nahi hai". I said can I see it in person (i was already in the showroom), he says "rakhte nahi hai sir, it takes space, if anybody is serious he can book and see later"

Anyway Will keep you all posted on the progress at my end.
Old 5th March 2014, 22:46   #355
BHPian

Here's the chronological update as it happened.

1) I had been in touch with my SA as well as Sundaram VW sales head almost once every 2-3 days the entire month of Feb. The communication as always was "sir, you will get it shortly, hopefully within 8-10 days". The same message was reiterated as late as 26-Feb.

2)On 28-Feb, I get an email from an employee at Sundaram VW.I had not met this lady before. She advised me that basis information received from VW the blue color will not be available before April.

3) I expected this. I wrote back to an ID provided by Salman_ferrari, copied it to customercaresales@VW and the dealership detailing the delivery promise, booking amount (50k), and latest communication. I did not make it a crib session but just mentioned that the least I could expect was a call from the very gentlemen (SA/sales head) I had been in touch with for 3 months.

01-March
4) I called up Kun VW and they confirmed that the beige color was still available. It was. I was out of station and hence couldn't book it personally but they managed to send a runner boy to my bank RM who paid them the booking amount.

03-March
5) I received a call from a Bangalore number who introduced himself as a VW employee and he called to discuss my email. He advised me that the color blue will begin to be manufactured by 2-April and will not be available before 7th/8th of April and that I should choose another color in Chennai.

5) My SA finally called me and apologized for not calling up earlier. He advised that his sales head was distraught with my feedback. he informed me that the dealer was desperately trying to get me the car but the company wouldn't manufacture it. Apparently VW was admonishing the dealer no end for improper and inconsistent communication method/channels I was also told that "it was a blackmark on the sales heads performance".

I told him that I understand it wasn't the dealers fault that the car was not available, it was also not my intention to point fingers but I did tell him that over the last few weeks, I would have called the dealer 15-20 times without ever receiving a call in return and finally the news of the delay came through an unknown email ID. i have been in a customer facing job in a bank for 7 years, and this was not how it was done.

6) PDI of the beige car done and full amount paid. Insurance taken through HDFC. Dealer offers 7k corporate discount on behalf of my wife who's an employee. Marriage certificate is taken as proof. (I was denied this benefit by Sundaram VW, who said that the booking has to shift to my wife's name to avail this benefit)

5-March

7) Sundaram VW sends two people to return my deposit amount through a DD. They also request me to sign a feedback form which essentially stated that my overall experience with the dealership was very good and had some over the top praise for their service levels. I courteously declined to sign it saying that my experience did not reflect what was written on this form and hence it would be unfair for me to sign. They acknowledged and left.

8) Delivery taken from Kun VW, Annanagar. The entire process was very smooth. Full demo was given, I spoke to a service manager about any specific instructions to run-in/maintain the engine, DSG etc. they cut a cake , fired up some pop-up color papers, gave me a car cover and ushered me off. I found the Kun VW guys more friendlier and eager to close the deal. They're new, so may be thats the reason.
Shortsell is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th March 2014, 09:55   #356
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

6) PDI of the beige car done and full amount paid.

8) Delivery taken....
You made the right decision opting for your second best choice. April would have come and gone without a car in the color of your choice being registered in your name. Like I said, there is indeed a problem with this particular color. Now, if it was White that you wanted, your's would have been a much smaller story

Congratulations on your new ride! Drive safe.
9thsphinx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2014, 10:20   #357
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Here's the chronological update as it happened.

1) I had been in touch with my SA as well as Sundaram VW sales head almost once every 2-3 days the entire month of Feb. The communication as always was "sir, you will get it shortly, hopefully within 8-10 days". The same message was reiterated as late as 26-Feb.

8) Delivery taken from Kun VW, Annanagar. The entire process was very smooth. Full demo was given, I spoke to a service manager about any specific instructions to run-in/maintain the engine, DSG etc. they cut a cake , fired up some pop-up color papers, gave me a car cover and ushered me off. I found the Kun VW guys more friendlier and eager to close the deal. They're new, so may be thats the reason.
Congratulations on finally getting the car. I went through almost exactly the same experience after I booked the Shadow Blue Vento TSI. No proper communication and whenever I enquired, the response was that will definitely get 'by end of month' (This was in November). One fine day, this suddenly became end Jan or early Feb because VW is not producing blue's. Finally went with my second choice-Black from another dealer. From your experience, glad that I did not continue to wait, looks like it would have been an indefinite wait.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks