Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2011, 14:39   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento Delays and delivery

There is no recall for a diesel vento and production is very much as it is, red normal. The company, dealers and customer are totally devoid of any systematic communication chain which is leading to these delays. Delhi dealers are sticking to their commitments of one month for TDI trendline, and two months for diesel highline. Any person who bought a vento from Delhi dealer and has faced huge waiting period, kindly let us know here.
Old 9th February 2011, 14:39   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post

As for maintenance, while i won't comment on spare parts price, he did mention about service charge. As per him, a normal service will cost around Rs. 6000. He said there are no free services, from the very first service we will be paying approx Rs 6000 give or take a few. Then he said 3rd service onwards it would be upwards of Rs. 8000. I think intervals are 10,000 kms for petrol.

Are you sure about the above numbers? This looks astronomical when compared to even C+ and D segment cars. A Civic costs only about 1500 on average for service and there are 3 free services. I am sure Corolla will also be in the same range.
Old 9th February 2011, 15:30   #33
BHPian

Great, now received a call from Volkswagen Systems India (whatever that is!) asking for confirmation of my booking for a Trendline Petrol! I lost it and said cancel the booking, but she apologised and asked me for exact details which I then updated. if the so called system has been updated now, dont when delivery happen. Wait so far : 4 months, 12 days
Old 9th February 2011, 17:04   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
Are you sure about the above numbers? This looks astronomical when compared to even C+ and D segment cars. A Civic costs only about 1500 on average for service and there are 3 free services. I am sure Corolla will also be in the same range.
This is from the horse mouth - The manager of VW Baroda. If he is lying i have nothing to say.

We had a 20 min talk with the manager and sales person after the test drive about vento and polo. It included everything right from diesel to maintenance to delivery woes to 1.6 petrol in polo. The reason manager came was because of stupidness of sales person when he wouldn't agree on somethings told by us and refused to believe what we said. So my dad told to call the manager and then we had an info session over a cup of tea. Since it was working day and afternoon there were no other customers around so we had long time to discuss in detail.

Honestly, i was surprised there is no free services when he said so. He also said diesel service interval will be 15,000 kms and it will cost same. He also mentioned that they will be using synthetic oil and that's why higher charge. He immediately added at the end that the total amount could be low/high depending on what service is done when i exclaimed loudly - so much for a service, i had be damned.

We spent half a day on 30th jan at 3 dealerships - VW, Honda and Toyota. All 3 are good dealerships in their own right but i guess Honda and Toyota takes the cake for excellent pre-sales customer service. VW lost because of indifferent attitude of sales person. He also told, i don't want to compare vento with city and linea t-jet and likes. He said Vento is VW and no one else comes close. Man that was one hella attitude when all these cars are priced at par with each other and vento is nothing exceptional. I guess Honda's dealer attitude has been transferred to VW guys as experience at Honda, Toyota was quite pleasant and impressive.

Some may find it hard to believe but indeed these kind of talk did talk place with salesperson and manager.

Last edited by chevelle : 9th February 2011 at 17:11.
Old 9th February 2011, 17:46   #35
BHPian

Model: Vento Diesel Highline
Dealer: Ramani Motors (VW Coimbatore)
Test Drive?: Yes, December 20 and Jan 12th 2010
Booking: Jan 20th, 2010
Booking amount: 75,000
Delivery period commited on booking receipt?: Yes. "4 months"
Whether VW booking number given: Yes
Updates provided by dealer sales rep or VW on wait: No

Waiting period mentioned for any petrol during booking was 1-2 weeks. For Polo any model was 1 month. Also saw the new varient with few accessories in the Petrol threadline.

Heartening to see so many responces. It would also be good to have the menbers updating the info constanly to get a real picture on comitments.

Last edited by bblost : 10th February 2011 at 14:07. Reason: back to back. Please use edit if posting within 20 mins. Thanks.
Old 10th February 2011, 12:22   #36
BHPian

Model: Vento TDI Highline
Dealer: K.S.M. Motors (VW Chembur, Mumbai)
Test Drive?: Yes, September 2010
Booking: September 21st, 2010
Actual Delivery Date: Awaited
Waiting Period: 4 months, 19 days
Delivery period commited on booking receipt?: Yes. "45 days!"
Whether delivery commitment met?: No way
Whether VW booking number given: No
Updates provided by dealer sales rep or VW on wait: No. After followups, date kept shifting by 3 weeks everytime. last promised in early Feb
Other factors: Only bright side being now will most probably get a 2011 manufactured car
Old 10th February 2011, 13:33   #37
BHPian

Update on price increase for Vento

Just spoke to the dealer, there would be a 2% price increase from 1st of March 2011. So if your vehicle is delivered before 1st of March 2011 then it would cost approximately Rs 22,000/- cheaper :(
Old 10th February 2011, 14:05   #38
Senior - BHPian

That's the Excise Duty increase that will hit all manufacturers & models post the Union Budget....
Old 10th February 2011, 14:49   #39
BHPian

Yes! but then this should be applicable from 1st of April 2011? for the next financial year
Old 10th February 2011, 14:53   #40
Senior - BHPian

Unlike the Income Tax slabs, AFAIK, these normally kick in right away.
Old 10th February 2011, 16:27   #41
BHPian

Did govt already announced the excise hike? I thought it was speculation and would be only confirmed when the budget is out.
Old 10th February 2011, 19:18   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsurfer View Post
Did govt already announced the excise hike? I thought it was speculation and would be only confirmed when the budget is out.
Checked the websites and related stuff over the internet. It is not announced as of now. You are right, this is just a speculation.

Further I asked VW on twitter about the price hike, and they said "nothing as of now"
Old 13th February 2011, 19:38   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
I haven't booked any but VW Gurgaon told me on Sunday (I took a TD) that they have received a circular at the beginning of this month that VW are now going to focus on TDI Highline production instead of Trendline. This is with the objective of bringing down the long waiting period which is presently 5 months.

Hopefully this will cut down the waiting period to more acceptable levels by the end of the next couple of months (though it will not have any impact on your delivery).

Suman is right that was also comunicated to me by VW gurgaon
Old 14th February 2011, 13:31   #44
BHPian

heres my input

Dealer: VW Gurgaon
Test Drive?: Yes, December 3rd 2011
Booking: Dec 7, 2010
Delivery period commited on booking receipt?: Yes. "3-4 months"
Whether VW booking number given: no
Updates provided by dealer sales rep or VW on wait: No
Old 14th February 2011, 15:47   #45
BHPian

Dealer: Abra Motors (VW Chennai)
Test Drive?: Nope
Booking: August 12, 2010
Delivery period commited on booking receipt?: Yes. "3 months"
Whether VW booking number given: Yes
Updates provided by dealer sales rep or VW on wait: No. Never. With the exception that they tried to stick me with a 2010 model in the 2nd week of december. I flatly said i wanted to wait for a 2011 model (large devaluation in residual value avoided)
Song I dedicate to VW: Pink Floyd - Is there anybody out there?

Last edited by acidkill : 14th February 2011 at 15:56.

Most Viewed