Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2011, 21:56   #76
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento Delays and delivery

Guys, I cancelled my Vento TDI booking & booked ANHC VAT-Black today! The delay was always a deterrent for me, and detailed test drives & reading user reviews only convinced me further into arriving at this decision!
Old 25th February 2011, 22:17   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJames View Post
Guys, I cancelled my Vento TDI booking & booked ANHC VAT-Black today! The delay was always a deterrent for me, and detailed test drives & reading user reviews only convinced me further into arriving at this decision!
Good choice. Frankly all this waiting I just don't understand. People are not buying a limited edition hand made exotic for gods sake. On top of that I hate the attitude of the VW navi mumbai sales team. They behave like I have asked for a free car when I asked for a test drive on the palm beach road. ANHC is a proven vehicle and I presume will be easier on maintenance too considering some of the vento service costs that I have read here on team-bhp. considering the attitude of the sales staff I really shudder to imagine what after sales will be liken after all we are talking about the baap of Skoda. Currerntly I woiuld even rate the Fiat sales staff a lot better than the VW staff. Just my 2 cents.
Old 26th February 2011, 14:56   #78
BHPian

Latest update on my Vento Tdi highline sob-story.

The Sales guy stopped answering calls @ VW palace Cross. I paid him a visit to check on some kind of date commitment. Until now i've been told the allotment is confirmed for April and that I may get the vehicle in March in case they increase production.

I was ushered into the GM sales' office where I was told very nonchalantly by a distracted person that I would be getting the car in April if I was "lucky". I asked for my deposit to be returned because i'm not gambling here to get 'lucky', just buying a car!

Sx4 diesel and Altis are on the cards!
Old 26th February 2011, 17:45   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

Sad to see this. 2 bookings cancelled in 2 days on this thread! VW has lost the plot for sure. It's a great car nodoubt but nobody can get away with treating customers shoddily.
Old 26th February 2011, 19:51   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Sad to see this. 2 bookings canceled in 2 days on this thread! VW has lost the plot for sure. It's a great car no doubt but nobody can get away with treating customers shoddily.

German engineering needs good sales staff, treating the customer badly will only ruin their reputation.

That said,Volkswagen needs to ramp up the production line to meet the demand or at least commit proper delivery times to the customer. 'Sad' is the correct word for their attitude towards the customer.
Old 26th February 2011, 20:50   #81

Hi Guys, Had received a call from My dealer at Gurgaon on 16/02, that my car has been billed & in transit from Pune, would reach me in a week's time, was asked to make payment, informed the dealer that all my payments were already made & had to just issue check for insurance, negotiated Insurance with him & got a good deal, cheaper than Bajaj & New India Assuarance ( whose Quotes I had on hand). Finally on Monday 21/02/11, was again informed my car had arrived at Dealer stockyard & I could take delivery on 22/02, opted for delivery on 23/02/11, fixed a time with dealer & Took delivery of my Silver Beauty on Wednesday 23/02 at the appointed time without delay.
Have written about my complaint to VW germany on my other post in Vento review by GTO.
Cheers & Safe driving
Old 26th February 2011, 21:57   #82
Senior - BHPian

Did you guys have to pay the cancellation charges - Rs 10,000 for your booking cancellation?
Old 26th February 2011, 22:40   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Did you guys have to pay the cancellation charges - Rs 10,000 for your booking cancellation?
I don't think so, When the dealer is at fault and does not respond to a customer properly he cannot charge the customer for cancellation of the booking.

That said, In this case the dealer is not responding properly and thus the customer has the right to cancel the booking.
Old 27th February 2011, 00:59   #84
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
S U N there is no such charge. At least in Pune the T&Cs were spelled out clearly on the back of the booking amount receipt. You get your full 75K refunded if you cancel your booking before allotment. Once allotted to your name, you will lose the entire amount. I don;t mean that's what necessarily happens- just what it says!
Old 27th February 2011, 13:48   #85

Quote:
Quote:
S U N there is no such charge. At least in Pune the T&Cs were spelled out clearly on the back of the booking amount receipt. You get your full 75K refunded if you cancel your booking before allotment.
That's correct. I cancelled my booking yesterday and was assured return of the entire booking amount, INR 75000/-. Will fight for 5 months interest which the dealer claims VW does not give.
As expected given my experiences, no difference between dealer and VW (similar mentalities).

Quote:
Once allotted to your name, you will lose the entire amount. I don;t mean that's what necessarily happens- just what it says!
In fact, you can still cancel. Only there will be a "penalty" of anywhere between INR 5000 - 20000, depending upon how well you can scream and/or let your feelings known to them.
This "penalty" amt should be written in your sales contract form.

On a side note:
The premium VW people seem to respond well to shouting/screaming or them being included in your "feelings circle".
Whoever's trying cancellation, do practice before you go.
Old 28th February 2011, 12:31   #86
BHPian

Folks, finally good news. Just got a call from Dealers and my car will arrive in next 10 days. Apparently, it has been shipped from Factory and they expect it soon. So, a pretty nice surprise on Monday morning.

may be it's time to change my signature. But, i will wait for some more time.

Last edited by windsurfer : 28th February 2011 at 12:33.
Old 1st March 2011, 17:03   #87
BHPian

Some good news at last. I have booked a Vento today and the dealer (Elite motors, hosur road) informed me that the waiting time has come down to 2-3 months now from 6-7 months a week or so ago, especially for the diesel highline. Production volumes of this variant have been apparently ramped up. He is also willing to give me a date, pleasant change

Other details he shared-
Shadow blue production has started but the wait is still very long
Beige is still not in production, so indefinite waiting if you want this color

Last edited by battada : 1st March 2011 at 17:04.
Old 2nd March 2011, 22:50   #88
BHPian

Its confirmed that cars are coming in, in better nos now. There will be large number of delivery happening very soon is news i got. Hopefully, all of you will start getting your cars now.
Old 3rd March 2011, 17:51   #89
BHPian

I was called today by VW and was told that the delivery of my Vento Highline TDI would be delayed by another 45 days. I should have the longest wait for the vento as per TBHP records.. going to be 7 months now.

Beginning to consider a switchover to the SX4 diesel now. Just so frustrated.

Last edited by acidkill : 3rd March 2011 at 17:57.
Old 3rd March 2011, 18:08   #90
BHPian

@acidkill

Whats date you booked the car?
Did they said any reason for the delay?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks