Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2011, 19:25   #1
BHPian

2011 Range Rover Evoque To India!! SPOTTED - Pics on page 3

New scoop from indiancarsbikes.in
Link : ICB Exclusive: 2011 Range Rover Evoque Spotted! | Indian Cars & Motorcycles Blog

Quote:

2011 Range Rover Evoque Spotted!

Just yesterday, a right hand drive version of the Range Rover Evoque was spotted at the Tata Motors facility in Pimpri, near Pune. Now, this spotting has suddenly opened up the grapevine talk about the Evoque and we have some exclusive buzz on it. According to our reliable source, there was more than a few indications of the Evoque being readied up for an Indian launch sometime in 2011 as there seems to be a lot of buzz at Tata regarding the Evoque’s Indian arrival.

Coming to the crossover in itself, the Evoque began life as the LRX concept which culminated in the Evoque which is now available at British Land Rover dealerships. The Evoque is a gorgeous looking compact crossover that sits on massive 20 inch wheels that makes it the next big thing for all the pothole crawlers. The Evoque is also the most fuel efficient of the entire range of Land Rover SUVs as it brings two frugal yet powerful 2.2-litre turbo diesel engines, a 150PS TD4 and a 190PS SD4 mated to a six speed transmission both in manual and automatic guise.
Along with the diesels, UK customers can also specify their Evoque with a four pot, 2000cc turbo petrol pumping out 240 Bhp. but knowing Indian tastes, we’d probably be getting the diesels first along with the four door versions of the Evoque. Engines apart, the Evoque is packed with technology and safety features that include Terrain Response®, Hill Descent Control, Gradient Release Control, Hill Start Assist, Park Assist along with the usual Airbags, ABS and ESP which pretty much has become standard piece of kit on all cars north of INR 20 Lakhs.

So, if priced right the Evoque could be Land Rover’s bestselling answer to the BMW X3 and th Audi Q5s of the world as the hallowed Range Rover badge on the bonnet has much more snob value than the Beemers and Audis of this world. Talking of which, the Evoque is expected to sell in the whereabouts INR 50 something Lakhs, when it does hit Indian streets sometime in 2011. Stick around!
Old 22nd August 2011, 17:48   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

re: 2011 Range Rover Evoque To India!! SPOTTED - Pics on page 3

Tata Motors is planning to launch the Range Rover Evoque in India by 2011-end.

Expected model - 2.2L Diesel, 5-door. (taking on BMW X1 and Audi Q3)

Expected starting price - 30L.

2011 Range Rover Evoque To India!! SPOTTED - Pics on page 3-untitled2.jpg

2011 Range Rover Evoque To India!! SPOTTED - Pics on page 3-untitled.jpg

2011 Range Rover Evoque To India!! SPOTTED - Pics on page 3-untitled3.jpg
Old 22nd August 2011, 18:07   #3
Senior - BHPian

2011 end? That's very aggressive and nice if true, I was told by the land rover dealer that it will arrive only in mid 2012?

Any confirmation would be nice, this is the car that should rule the segment.

Regards,
Old 22nd August 2011, 19:24   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Tata Motors is planning to launch the Range Rover Evoque in India by 2011-end.

Expected starting price - 30L.
I am not sure on what basis have you mentioned these , few things - Evoque is almost sold out for this Year . If you have a look at LR UK prices - this car is about 25 % than Freelander 2 which is now CKD and costs 35 Lac for base model - so Evoque coming via CBU @ 30 Lac - fantasy ..

http://www.landrover.com/gb/en/lr/

Last edited by Turbanator : 22nd August 2011 at 19:27.
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2011, 19:58   #5
Senior - BHPian

I think Evoque, which is also on the same platform as the Freelander, too is set to be assembled in India from CKD kits in Chikli, Maharashtra. This should drop the prices considerably, but still not down 30L. Prices should be around the 50L mark, which will mean price wise it will be more in competition with X5 and the Q7.

Last edited by julupani : 22nd August 2011 at 20:05.
Old 22nd August 2011, 21:32   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
I am not sure on what basis have you mentioned these , few things - Evoque is almost sold out for this Year . If you have a look at LR UK prices - this car is about 25 % than Freelander 2 which is now CKD and costs 35 Lac for base model - so Evoque coming via CBU @ 30 Lac - fantasy ..

Land Rover Official Homepage | Land Rover UK
TATA-JLR has already commenced local assembly operations, so expect the Evoque to be locally assembled as well. Ergo the competitive pricing by JLR for the Evoque.

Source - Range Rover Evoque Launch In India By Year End | MotorBeam - Indian Car Bike News & Reviews
Old 22nd August 2011, 21:57   #7
Team-BHP Support

2011 Launch - India

1 This should not happen in 2011 as they have sold out most likely from there UK production .

First new 'baby' Range Rover rolls off the line... but it's already sold out for a year | Mail Online

2 Whenever they start here it will definitely make sense to start with CKD moreover TATA has plans to build a complete engine plant here but 30 Lac is too optimistic , this is premium product than FreeLander 2. BTW it will be fair to compare Freelander & Evoque with X3 & A5 instead of X1 / A3 .

If TATA is able to price this close to 40 Lac it will be good .
Old 22nd August 2011, 21:59   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
TATA-JLR has already commenced local assembly operations, so expect the Evoque to be locally assembled as well. Ergo the competitive pricing by JLR for the Evoque.

Source - Range Rover Evoque Launch In India By Year End | MotorBeam - Indian Car Bike News & Reviews
I am sorry but did you not read the posts made by me and Turbanator.

Internationally the Evoque sits above the Freelander2 and not below it. How will this change in India??? The Range Rover brand itself is supposed to be a more premium one than Land Rover. MotorBeam has made a colossal mistake here.

To achieve a 30L price for the Evoque they will probably have to make the whole car here in India. If they assemble the engines for the Freelander and Evoque in India, Freelande will come down to just over 30L while the Evoque will probably be just under 40L, which will be a damn good price for them.

Last edited by julupani : 22nd August 2011 at 22:01.
Old 22nd August 2011, 22:03   #9
PPS
Senior - BHPian

According to a tweet from Siddharth Patankar from NDTV," Range Rover Evoque will be in India by November. Rs 45-55 lakh."
What are the prices for the Discovery 4 ? I'm assuming they should be around 65lakh ex-showroom.
Old 22nd August 2011, 22:07   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
According to a tweet from Siddharth Patankar from NDTV," Range Rover Evoque will be in India by November. Rs 45-55 lakh."
What are the prices for the Discovery 4 ? I'm assuming they should be around 65lakh ex-showroom.
Exactly like I said in the previous post. The Discovery 4, which is priced almost exactly the same in Europe, costs 60L for what is the cheaper diesel engine in Europe. The drop in prices for the Evoque will be due to the fact that it will be assembled in India, rather than imported as a CBU.
Old 22nd August 2011, 22:25   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by julupani View Post
I am sorry but did you not read the posts made by me and Turbanator.

Internationally the Evoque sits above the Freelander2 and not below it. How will this change in India??? The Range Rover brand itself is supposed to be a more premium one than Land Rover. MotorBeam has made a colossal mistake here.

To achieve a 30L price for the Evoque they will probably have to make the whole car here in India. If they assemble the engines for the Freelander and Evoque in India, Freelande will come down to just over 30L while the Evoque will probably be just under 40L, which will be a damn good price for them.
Pardon me but I am not an expert on this.

I just saw a scoop of the fantastic news that a Land Rover/Range Rover vehicle will be available at the unbelievable price of 30L and posted it here. Motorbeam might have made a mistake (I think on the pricing - they meant 50L) but when a reliable website posts something like this on their front page one tends to believe it 9 times out of 10.

I am not well-versed on the International Automotive News so I don't know any deep/small details about this. I am still a humble semi-rural fellow who is educating himself on all things automobile actually.

Sorry. Deepest apologies. I won't post any stuff like this before confirming from several sources from now on.
Old 22nd August 2011, 22:30   #12
Senior - BHPian

I suppose the price mentioned of 30-35L could be for the pure model after assembling here and probably could go upto to 45-50L for the dynamic model with all the features loaded. One thing for sure it could give the some competition to the Audi q3 & q5 and to Bmw. I did happen to see the car during my trip to London and does have a good road presence thanks those 20" rims and it's surely a head-turner.
In regards to pricing the Bmw X1 20d starts at 25000+ pound in Uk where as the Evoque range starts at 28000+. If the Bmw can launch the X1 here at 24+ for base variant, am sure Tata could do it too. However it's the marketing that would play it's role.
Will just have to wait and watch.

Posting some review on the 4 door Evoque.

Last edited by Invinsible : 22nd August 2011 at 22:46.
Old 23rd August 2011, 01:02   #13
BHPian

Till last month, Evoque had gathered 18,000 bookings worldwide. On fresh bookings, dealers in UK are quoting 6 months delivery period. For ready deliveries, a premium of
£ 5-6000 is being demanded in the market. It has received very positive reviews from all UK automotive media including Autocar UK and Topgear.

India will get only the 5 door model, as there is no demand for 3 door variants there. In UK it is expected to provide a very tough competition to the likes of BMW X1 and may become No. 1 also, once the supply position improves. Best thing is that Evoque retains nearly all the Off Roading virtues of Range Rover. It may also prove to be a surprise winner in India.
Old 25th August 2011, 00:28   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Found this video about Evoque. Odmag guys say this is going to be an X1 / Q3 competitor & might not make it to India till the next year. The car looks cute to say the least!

Old 25th August 2011, 00:53   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Found this video about Evoque. Odmag guys say this is going to be an X1 / Q3 competitor & might not make it to India till the next year. The car looks cute to say the least!
Mate, you should watch the episode of Topgear where they showcased Evoque ( Episode 5/6 of Season 17 ) crossing the death valley, its a brilliant vehicle - IMO a few notches better that X1/Q3 .
At 30 lakhs , it would be a great buy !
Closed Thread

Most Viewed